LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 10:11 am

CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:This morning as I was driving to work, I ended up behind a green beemer with a carolina sticker on the back window. We were in the right lane when he/she turned on their left blinker so I assumed they were going to move over the left lane. But, no!!! They turned right onto the exit for the highway. Oh did I have a good laugh. And, what's worse/ironic, is they parked in the garage the doctors/high up admins park in.

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
The carolina sticker doesn't even "go" with a green beemer.
Sure it does:

As in GO to hell, carolina, GO to hell!

:D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:12 am

Miles wrote:What a day!

I went in for a follow-up with oral surgeon. He removed a bone fragment that was poking through the inside gumline. Unfortunately it felt like he hit a nerve while shooting me up so my entire face is numb. But the fragment is gone and he things that I'm healing up well. Three procedures, two plus months of discomfort and pain and I think I'm ready to put my wisdom tooth extraction behind me.

Had a major break through on a problem with a customer. Can't get into details but there was a language barrier, time zone nightmare, technical misunderstanding, they didn't evaluate the software and signed off on the feature only to discover it didn't serve their needs kind of problem.

I meet Kelly's family tonight: Mom, Dad, Brother and sister-in-law.

Let's just hope the mouth heals up before then!
I hope your mouth didn't give you many problems last night as you met Kelly's family. I'm certain that you all hit it off wonderfully! Kelly is such a lovely woman. Her mom, dad, brother and SIL must be pretty fantastic folks, too.

I'm expecting a full report. And pictures. Pictures would be nice.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:13 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:This morning as I was driving to work, I ended up behind a green beemer with a carolina sticker on the back window. We were in the right lane when he/she turned on their left blinker so I assumed they were going to move over the left lane. But, no!!! They turned right onto the exit for the highway. Oh did I have a good laugh. And, what's worse/ironic, is they parked in the garage the doctors/high up admins park in.

Sure it does:

Brainstorm!

Wouldn't it be funny if Tilly slapped one of those GTHC stickers on that green beemer in the parking lot?
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:15 am

Bostondevil wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Just so everyone can know, there is a J Reddick playing for the Red Sox. He however, is not a JJ.
My cousin wore a Red Sox garter last night. Her groom, also a fan, didn't know it until he took it off her at the reception.
I wore a Duke garter at my wedding.
I wore a Duke garter at my wedding, too.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:15 am

Bostondevil wrote:Did you miss me?
I missed you!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:16 am

Bostondevil wrote:I've read a few back pages but I've got 20 more to go. In the meantime, I got some kick ass work done on my play. Just kick ass. I've only got the first 4 scenes down on paper but they are working, baby, working. If I can keep it up, I will have written a very good play. Now, I just have to sustain the energy and not use too much of my writing mojo recapping 'Lost'. Some, but not too much.

I wish you could have seen what the actors did with my opening scene when I asked them to read it for me Tuesday night. They were so, so, so good that I'll be seeing Patrick and Brianna in my head as I finish the play. Poor Patrick, I told him he'll always be Jason (my character's name) to me.
Very impressive, BD. Keep up the good work.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:18 am

Bostondevil wrote:Patrick is the stuff cougar dreams are made of.

Yes, I behaved. Don't worry. Well, I got drunk last night and sang a folk song and made everybody guess the language I was singing in (Irish), but I didn't misbehave in any important ways.

But I reserve the right to appreciate fine work.
Maybe you could write a play about Patrick.

Which folk song did you sing?

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:22 am

Bostondevil wrote:Actually, it was my something old, it came from Duke Homecoming '58. I had to wear 3 garters as my dress, veil, stockings, shoes, and unmentionables were all new. I had an old garter, a borrowed garter, and a blue one. One friend brought me a genuine sixpence back from England too. It will be 18 years on September 7th. Oh, by the way, for those of you who have met Mr. BD, he's on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine this week, the one on the far left. Check it out.
My garter counted as my something blue.

And I had a lucky sixpence that a Duke friend brought me from her trip to London. It did double duty as my something borrowed.

The something old was my great-grandmother's handkerchief that I had worked in to my bouquet.

And the something new was the wedding dress, veil, shoes, stockings and underwear.

I had a beautiful wedding. The marriage didn't turn out as beautifully as the wedding did.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:23 am

TillyGalore wrote:Something weird, and it don't look good.
What is it?

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:24 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Something weird, and it don't look good.
Who ya gonna call?
Ghostbusters!
I'm going to be singing that song all day.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:25 am

Bostondevil wrote:Where am I at?
Behind the preposition "at."

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 22nd, 2009, 10:26 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote: That was EXACTLY what I was thinking. Amazing what changing one little word can do to a sentence. ;) With the "going to bed" reference, it reminds me of a game an old friend who was a girl (didn't want it confused with "girlfriend"), where we'd add the words "in bed" to anything people said. It makes for some hysterical moments.
We do that with fortune cookies.
et tu CB&B?
moi aussi
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:27 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:But I'm not going to bed tied with Wilson....that ain't right. :ymsick:
Okay, there are lots of obvious comments to make here ... paging Shammrog, Shammrog to the LTE!

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 22nd, 2009, 10:29 am

CathyCA wrote:
Brainstorm!

Wouldn't it be funny if Tilly slapped one of those GTHC stickers on that green beemer in the parking lot?
Much as I would love that, you never mess with a guy's ride. However, being a Carowhiner, my question would be how long would it take him to notice? ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:29 am

bjornolf wrote:

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking. Amazing what changing one little word can do to a sentence. ;) With the "going to bed" reference, it reminds me of a game an old friend who was a girl (didn't want it confused with "girlfriend"), where we'd add the words "in bed" to anything people said. It makes for some hysterical moments.

%%-
When we were in high school, and bored in church, my friends and I used to flip through the hymnal and add the words "between the sheets" to the end of the hymn titles. Funny stuff.

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 10:31 am

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
Sure it does:

Brainstorm!

I'll bring an extra one to Brunchgate #1, 2009 edition and donate it to the cause. :))
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:32 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning all. Golf this morning and then straight to the football scrimmage at Duke this afternoon. No posting, or reading the LTE for me today. I fear how many pages I'll be behind when I get home tonight... =))

I hope it doesn't rain in Durham later today, although that is the forecast.
Have fun today.

I bought some Duke rain ponchos at WalMart--just in case it rains at a football game this fall.

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 10:34 am

Back to another chapter or two of Shogun.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:34 am

DukeUsul wrote:

Typical BMW driver. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahem, I think NOT!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 22nd, 2009, 10:36 am

devildeac wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:

Typical BMW driver. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Q: What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW? :D

(answer later this AM so I can give a few folks the chance to ponder...) ;)
WHY are you guys beating up on beemer drivers?

~ James Naismith