LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 10:08 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Okay, I had a cruddy day. Boss came back and was gripey because of what I didn't get done. Not a word about the fact that I got a boatload of word done. Knocked off a significant backlog of work, plus did some of his stuff so he wouldn't be so far behind after his vacation. Then, to top it off, remember that I had to miss my 25 yr hs reunion so a coworker could go to her sister's toga party? Well, today she came in and asked for 6 days off in October for her parents' 50th wedding anniversary. The same weekend that I was planning to go home for my dad's birthday. Puts me in an awful spot. I can't say anything or I come off as a complete shrew. It is, after all, her parents' 50 yr anniversary party. However, I am stuck covering for her all the frakkin' time. It's getting mighty old. X( X( X( X(
That sucks but you are earning major kharma points.
Right - I keep telling myself it could be far worse. I could still be at my last job. Supervisor at my last job makes this co-worker look like a star.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 18th, 2009, 10:08 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Maybe next time I'm out I should present her with a list of all the things that need to get done when I'm out... :-?
I know I'd be tempted to do so. That sucks, Arkie. Wish we could do more to help.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 18th, 2009, 10:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Okay, I had a cruddy day. Boss came back and was gripey because of what I didn't get done. Not a word about the fact that I got a boatload of word done. Knocked off a significant backlog of work, plus did some of his stuff so he wouldn't be so far behind after his vacation. Then, to top it off, remember that I had to miss my 25 yr hs reunion so a coworker could go to her sister's toga party? Well, today she came in and asked for 6 days off in October for her parents' 50th wedding anniversary. The same weekend that I was planning to go home for my dad's birthday. Puts me in an awful spot. I can't say anything or I come off as a complete shrew. It is, after all, her parents' 50 yr anniversary party. However, I am stuck covering for her all the frakkin' time. It's getting mighty old. X( X( X( X(
That sucks but you are earning major kharma points.
Right - I keep telling myself it could be far worse. I could still be at my last job. Supervisor at my last job makes this co-worker look like a star.
I'm sending mental shin kicks to your co-worker.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 18th, 2009, 10:13 pm

cl15876 wrote:DINK, I saw that you can now post pics here, very cool!!!!
Only because those were on the web. I'm still working on posting a photograph.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 10:17 pm

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Maybe next time I'm out I should present her with a list of all the things that need to get done when I'm out... :-?
I know I'd be tempted to do so. That sucks, Arkie. Wish we could do more to help.
Thanks, dude! It's just nice to vent, which I can't really do at work. She just seems to have a built-in radar for times that I want to take off. Her events always seem to trump mine. Or maybe I'm just too nice. I almost went off on her after the weekend I missed my reunion. I had worked all weekend because of trying to fix a mess that she left, and she came in on Monday complaining because she had spent 10 hrs in the car the day before. I smiled and gritted my teeth.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 10:18 pm

TillyGalore wrote: I'm sending mental shin kicks to your co-worker.
Thanks, Tilly! I'm really going to have to laugh if she says anything tomorrow about her leg hurting... :D
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 18th, 2009, 10:21 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:She just seems to have a built-in radar for times that I want to take off. Her events always seem to trump mine. Or maybe I'm just too nice. I almost went off on her after the weekend I missed my reunion. I had worked all weekend because of trying to fix a mess that she left, and she came in on Monday complaining because she had spent 10 hrs in the car the day before. I smiled and gritted my teeth.
Yeah...you're a better person than I. No doubt I'd have cussed her out by now.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 18th, 2009, 10:22 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Thanks, Tilly! I'm really going to have to laugh if she says anything tomorrow about her leg hurting... :D
She's also getting some from the Kansas side. Hopefully, both legs will be hurting in the morning.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 10:23 pm

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:She just seems to have a built-in radar for times that I want to take off. Her events always seem to trump mine. Or maybe I'm just too nice. I almost went off on her after the weekend I missed my reunion. I had worked all weekend because of trying to fix a mess that she left, and she came in on Monday complaining because she had spent 10 hrs in the car the day before. I smiled and gritted my teeth.
Yeah...you're a better person than I. No doubt I'd have cussed her out by now.
I can tell that it's time for a vacation because it's getting more difficult to keep from going off on her. :)
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 10:24 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
She's also getting some from the Kansas side. Hopefully, both legs will be hurting in the morning.
Thanks, DinK! :D
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 18th, 2009, 10:27 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Maybe this will work.

Yes - it worked. This is Buttermilk Falls. My dad would ride his bike here as a kid. It is located outside LeRoy, NY.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 18th, 2009, 10:29 pm

LeRoy, NY is the birthplace of Jello.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2009, 10:30 pm

That's awesome DinK. I've never heard of the falls, they look amazing.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 18th, 2009, 10:34 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:That's awesome DinK. I've never heard of the falls, they look amazing.
Apparently, there are several Buttermilk Falls in NY. The Buttermilk Falls near Ithaca is more well known. These are not part of a state/national park. They are just out in the countryside near my Dad's home town. Kids go out here for parties but do a great job of keeping the area clean. I was amazed that there wasn't more trash.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 10:37 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Maybe this will work.

Yes - it worked. This is Buttermilk Falls. My dad would ride his bike here as a kid. It is located outside LeRoy, NY.
Love the picture. The falls are beautiful!
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 10:37 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:LeRoy, NY is the birthplace of Jello.
It's a great place, then! Love me some jello when I'm sick. Other times, too, of course.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

at the risk of going on-topic...

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 10:40 pm

How 'bout a big shout-out to our man Greg Paulus, starting QB for Syracuse? :-bd ^:)^ :-bd :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: at the risk of going on-topic...

Post by wilson » August 18th, 2009, 10:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:How 'bout a big shout-out to our man Greg Paulus, starting QB for Syracuse? :-bd ^:)^ :-bd :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Indeed...but we've already got a nice discussion of that news going over in The Stadium.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2009, 11:03 pm

As of this post, we have 630 topics and 63 members. That's 10 topics per member.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 18th, 2009, 11:06 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:As of this post, we have 630 topics and 63 members. That's 10 topics per member.
And I'm sure most members haven't created 10 topics... :D
I'm pretty sure I've only started 2 or 3...
Class of 2014