Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » August 17th, 2009, 11:32 pm

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Thanks! I really want to hit the MoBot and/or the zoo for some more pictures. Unfortunately both close at 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, and the last couple of times I've tried to go (including today) it has rained buckets. I'm really anxious to try some of the stuff I learned in my photography class over the weekend.
Get used to MoBot now, but I'm afraid you'll need to go over again, with a Nikon Macro lens. :-bd
What's MoBot? Missouri __________?
BOTanical Gardens...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 17th, 2009, 11:34 pm

CellR wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:It's 11PM on a Monday night, and there are 13 people online. And the majority of them have been PWing all day. Somehow y'all take time out to work jobs. Somehow I take time out to work a job.
Every time I pass my computer I have to sit down for a minute...
Just a minute...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 17th, 2009, 11:34 pm

CellR wrote:Devildeac, you better have some good milestone posts in the next 80 or so posts. :D
Just for 2000...
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 11:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote: What's MoBot? Missouri __________?
Missouri Botanical Gardens. I have an album on FB from earlier this summer. Apparently the water lilies are blooming now and are quite spectacular. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain all week. I <3 the MoBot.
I can see why! Those pics are gorgeous! That camera has great resolution! Why did you go with the D90 vice your other two choices? Is it big and does it come with all the extra lenses you've apparently got or did you have to buy those separately? Thanks for sharing them! :-bd
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 17th, 2009, 11:41 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
That could help decide what game I go to this year!
Exactly what I was thinking... :) :ymdevil:

Can't back out on me now - I expect you to have a Mike Nifong pinata when AD and I come to the game. ;)
Well, I guess we could make up something to hang in our Brunchgate tent! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 17th, 2009, 11:51 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: quote="DukieInKansas"]
That could help decide what game I go to this year![/quote

Exactly what I was thinking... :) :ymdevil:

Can't back out on me now - I expect you to have a Mike Nifong pinata when AD and I come to the game. ;)
Well, I guess we could make up something to hang in our Brunchgate tent! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I bet you there would be a lot of people stopping by.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 11:52 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:"quote="captmojo"" quote="DukieInKansas""

There are several Buttermilk Falls in NY. I doubt the one we went to was the one you saw as it isn't in a state park. Dad used to ride his bike out to these - and admitted that he skipped school on occasion to do so. He waited until his kids were all out of school before telling us that part."quote"
OK, but these were easy on the eyes."quote"

I still don't know how to get the pix here but have added a few picks of the Falls on my Facebook page.
Saw the pics - they're great!
Thanks. I hope to get a chance to check out yours tonight.
Dink - your pictures of the falls were beautiful! Definitely worth the hike to be near them and just frolic in the beauty and serenity of that place!!!!! WOW!!!! Thanks for uploading them! If you need help here, you'll find some tips on the site improvement page, I think, but in a nutshell,
1. if you have already uploaded the pics on your computer (if they are on your camera, just upload to your computer)....
2. then compose a message or reply as you do already here on CTN, then as you scroll down to find the submit button, go a little bit further down and you will see two tabs to the left of the screen (options and Upload Attachments),
3. click on the upload attachments tab, then you will see the word filename _______ and a browse button,
4. click on the browse button and find the directory of where you stored your pics and then select the pic you want to upload and click on open. At this point, the directory path and filename of the pic will fill in the whitespace next to filename and then
5. you can click on Add the file button (next to the browse button) and then the screen will clear and you will see your message composition area and if you scroll down to find the preview and submit button, you will now see a new section that says Posted Attachments and you can put a comment or leave blank and I usually click place inline which adds some HTML code here in the message but you can play around with it now.
6. You can preview your message to see if you are happy with it and then click submit and walla you will be posting pics here on CTN. NOTE: If you want to upload more than 1 PIC to your message, then repeat step 3, 4, 5 above for each pic#2, #3, ... #n, prior to proceeding to step 6. That's it my dear! Enjoy!!!! :-bd
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 18th, 2009, 12:02 am

alright, y'all are on your own tonight. Please try and behave. And if you can't behave, then at least try to stay outta jail as I am NOT posting bond for anyone...
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 18th, 2009, 12:05 am

devildeac wrote:alright, y'all are on your own tonight. Please try and behave. And if you can't behave, then at least try to stay outta jail as I am NOT posting bond for anyone...
You sleep tight! I'm right behind you!!!! Ooops did I say that? :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 18th, 2009, 12:33 am

(-| 'Night, kids.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 18th, 2009, 12:37 am

wilson wrote:(-| 'Night, kids.
'Night, dad.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 18th, 2009, 1:32 am

I guess everyone has wimped out and gone to bed? Slackers.

Fuck it, I'm finished dissertation work for the night and am gonna have a drink. Or five. I was hoping to hang out here as I drank but you're all wussies ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 18th, 2009, 3:32 am

3:30 a.m. in the friggin morning and insomnia sets in. Dammit, this is no way to waste my 999th post,
and since I haven't thought at all about what to do for #1000, this will be it for tonight. Er, this morning. Colchar, you bugged out just after 2 a.m. Hope you're good and drunk by now ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 6:04 am

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Thanks! I really want to hit the MoBot and/or the zoo for some more pictures. Unfortunately both close at 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, and the last couple of times I've tried to go (including today) it has rained buckets. I'm really anxious to try some of the stuff I learned in my photography class over the weekend.
Get used to MoBot now, but I'm afraid you'll need to go over again, with a Nikon Macro lens. :-bd
What's MoBot? Missouri __________?
Umm... bad quoting again. I believe I made mention of the Nikon Macro lens.

Technically, all the research types say either MOBOT or MBG. I suspect most St. Louisans will call it MoBot as well. You will also hear a lot of local people call it "Shaw's Garden." :-?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 6:06 am

wilson wrote:(-| 'Night, kids.
Morning, Dad. :ymparty: :ymparty:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 6:11 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Can't decide if I want to get that or a zoom first. I'm seeing what I can do with my current lens before getting others. Creve Coeur Camera rents lenses, so I may take advantage of that before buying. That would give me a chance to try things out and see what I like best.
You really should take a class on it. Macro photography, with a class, is a lot of fun, and the images you can get can be stunning, especially with MoBot nearby. Without a class, you'll feel lost, at first, and you won't learn half the stuff you can do with your camera.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 6:14 am

DukeUsul wrote:Again, can't beat that. I'm limited to having taught intro physics labs at Duke during my senior year.
Where were you my freshman year at Duke? :(( :((

On second thought, don't answer that, as I am afraid your answer will make me feel REALLY old. :ymsigh: :ymsigh:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 18th, 2009, 6:16 am

wilson wrote:This is post #6328 in LTE 2.0. The original has 12,773. I suppose we'll get to half of that over here within the next ~24 hours. When I wondered rhetorically 10-14 days ago (not sure exactly when it was), we were just short of 1/3 of the original LTE. Some serious catching up, guys. :ymapplause:
Well, you know, three or four folks were chasing after 1000 post milestones.
:o) :o) :o)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 6:59 am

cl15876 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
wilson wrote: What's MoBot? Missouri __________?
Missouri Botanical Gardens. I have an album on FB from earlier this summer. Apparently the water lilies are blooming now and are quite spectacular. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain all week. I <3 the MoBot.
I can see why! Those pics are gorgeous! That camera has great resolution! Why did you go with the D90 vice your other two choices? Is it big and does it come with all the extra lenses you've apparently got or did you have to buy those separately? Thanks for sharing them! :-bd
Actually, the camera only came with one lens: a 15-105mm zoom. Resolution is 12.3 megapixels. Compared to your usual point-and-shoot, it is big. It was a bit heavier than the D60, in fact, which almost made me go D60. However, the D90 is higher resolution and has faster shutter speeds, which makes it better in low light. It also has a built-in autofocus motor, which the D60 doesn't have. The D90 is basically the D300 (their pro level camera) in a different body.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 18th, 2009, 7:03 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:3:30 a.m. in the friggin morning and insomnia sets in. Dammit, this is no way to waste my 999th post,
and since I haven't thought at all about what to do for #1000, this will be it for tonight. Er, this morning. Colchar, you bugged out just after 2 a.m. Hope you're good and drunk by now ;)
Ozzie, you've got it all wrong. A 3:30 a.m. insomnia attack is a great excuse to PW and set a new record for string of consecutive posts! :P
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein