Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Rolvix » August 17th, 2009, 10:06 pm

wilson wrote:
CellR wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: I haven't watched it. My tv might float away.
Not if it's wearing the space suit that apparently "grounds" you to the floor of the ship. :roll: :roll:
I'd like to check it out...I think all things space-related are flippin' fascinating. When and on what network does it air?
Same here. Sundays at 10 on ABC if I'm not mistaken. I'm catching up on hulu.com
Class of 2014
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 10:08 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I've got chemistry covered - PhD, Duke. :D
Ok, cross that one off my list. Can't beat that. ;)
I also taught undergrad chemistry for several years - gen chem 2 once, organic 1 and 2 more times than I can count, and non-majors chem 2 or 3 times. Some advanced stuff, too.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 17th, 2009, 10:11 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I also taught undergrad chemistry for several years - gen chem 2 once, organic 1 and 2 more times than I can count, and non-majors chem 2 or 3 times. Some advanced stuff, too.
Sweet! And that class is online. Ugh. My schedule didn't work out quite the way I wanted it. Luckily I have you guys, and my dad is pretty good at science as well.
Class of 2014
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 10:12 pm

wilson wrote: What's MoBot? Missouri __________?
Missouri Botanical Gardens. I have an album on FB from earlier this summer. Apparently the water lilies are blooming now and are quite spectacular. Unfortunately it's supposed to rain all week. I <3 the MoBot.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 10:14 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote: I loved your pics over on FB, Cheryl.
Thanks! I really want to hit the MoBot and/or the zoo for some more pictures. Unfortunately both close at 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, and the last couple of times I've tried to go (including today) it has rained buckets. I'm really anxious to try some of the stuff I learned in my photography class over the weekend.
Get used to MoBot now, but I'm afraid you'll need to go over again, with a Nikon Macro lens. :-bd
Can't decide if I want to get that or a zoom first. I'm seeing what I can do with my current lens before getting others. Creve Coeur Camera rents lenses, so I may take advantage of that before buying. That would give me a chance to try things out and see what I like best.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 10:17 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Speaking of Mike Nifong, I understand that there will be a Mike Nifong pinata at the Duke's homecoming game vs. NCCU. Fans of both teams are welcome to take a swat or two at it. Proceeds go to charity. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

You do know I am kidding about this, don't you?
You got me on this one! :)) =)) =)) =))

Seriously, though, that's not a bad idea for a fundraiser. You should suggest it to someone. :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 17th, 2009, 10:27 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Speaking of Mike Nifong, I understand that there will be a Mike Nifong pinata at the Duke's homecoming game vs. NCCU. Fans of both teams are welcome to take a swat or two at it. Proceeds go to charity. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Seriously, though, that's not a bad idea for a fundraiser. You should suggest it to someone. :ymdevil:
Can we have Houston Baker and Karla Holloway piñatas too?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 17th, 2009, 10:36 pm

This is post #6328 in LTE 2.0. The original has 12,773. I suppose we'll get to half of that over here within the next ~24 hours. When I wondered rhetorically 10-14 days ago (not sure exactly when it was), we were just short of 1/3 of the original LTE. Some serious catching up, guys. :ymapplause:
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 17th, 2009, 10:38 pm

wilson wrote:This is post #6328 in LTE 2.0. The original has 12,773. I suppose we'll get to half of that over here within the next ~24 hours. When I wondered rhetorically 10-14 days ago (not sure exactly when it was), we were just short of 1/3 of the original LTE. Some serious catching up, guys. :ymapplause:
Sweet.
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 17th, 2009, 10:40 pm

wilson wrote:This is post #6328 in LTE 2.0. The original has 12,773. I suppose we'll get to half of that over here within the next ~24 hours. When I wondered rhetorically 10-14 days ago (not sure exactly when it was), we were just short of 1/3 of the original LTE. Some serious catching up, guys. :ymapplause:
That's scary.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 17th, 2009, 10:45 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: quote="OZZIE4DUKE"]Speaking of Mike Nifong, I understand that there will be a Mike Nifong pinata at the Duke's homecoming game vs. NCCU. Fans of both teams are welcome to take a swat or two at it. Proceeds go to charity. =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))[/quote

That could help decide what game I go to this year!
Exactly what I was thinking... :) :ymdevil:
Can't back out on me now - I expect you to have a Mike Nifong pinata when AD and I come to the game. ;)
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 17th, 2009, 10:48 pm

wilson wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Can we have Houston Baker and Karla Holloway piñatas too?

A trio of pinatas - sounds like a plan!
Life is good!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 17th, 2009, 10:50 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukeUsul wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Again, can't beat that. I'm limited to having taught intro physics labs at Duke during my senior year.
-- DukeUsul
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 10:53 pm

DukeUsul wrote: Again, can't beat that. I'm limited to having taught intro physics labs at Duke during my senior year.
If it makes you feel any better, you'd beat the heck out of me in math and physics. :-bd ^:)^
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 17th, 2009, 11:00 pm

It's 11PM on a Monday night, and there are 13 people online. And the majority of them have been PWing all day. Somehow y'all take time out to work jobs. Somehow I take time out to work a job.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 17th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Panther's just tied up the game with 57 seconds left with a 2 pt. conversion! Woohoo!!!
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 17th, 2009, 11:03 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:It's 11PM on a Monday night, and there are 13 people online. And the majority of them have been PWing all day. Somehow y'all take time out to work jobs. Somehow I take time out to work a job.
Every time I pass my computer I have to sit down for a minute...
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 17th, 2009, 11:07 pm

Devildeac, you better have some good milestone posts in the next 80 or so posts. :D
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 17th, 2009, 11:08 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Panther's just tied up the game with 57 seconds left with a 2 pt. conversion! Woohoo!!!
OMG!!!!!!! Interception and TD with 1 second left by the Giants...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 17th, 2009, 11:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Panther's just tied up the game with 57 seconds left with a 2 pt. conversion! Woohoo!!!
OMG!!!!!!! Interception and TD with 1 second left by the Giants...shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!
is it still on? What channel?