NASCAR 2009

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by TillyGalore » August 15th, 2009, 10:18 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:What did the turd say this time? I haven't heard/read. Perhaps I don't want to know.
I'm not sure, I haven't been watching as much of the racing this year as in years past. But you should find out. Every good hatred needs some new fuel.
I don't think I want to give the turd that kind of power over me.
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2009, 10:31 am

Blech
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 15th, 2009, 10:58 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:What did the turd say this time? I haven't heard/read. Perhaps I don't want to know.
I'm not sure, I haven't been watching as much of the racing this year as in years past. But you should find out. Every good hatred needs some new fuel.
After the Nationwide race (when Ambrose passed him for the win on the last lap), Blech responded after the race by giving Ambrose a few love taps with his car. He was a bit annoyed. Check out:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slu ... &type=lgns

After the Sprint race, he was terse during the interview, but he just came off more like Blech than you could believe.

Kurt Busch, on the other hand, is getting much better when dealing with the media.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 15th, 2009, 12:03 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
After the Nationwide race (when Ambrose passed him for the win on the last lap), Blech responded after the race by giving Ambrose a few love taps with his car. He was a bit annoyed. Check out:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slu ... &type=lgns

After the Sprint race, he was terse during the interview, but he just came off more like Blech than you could believe.

Kurt Busch, on the other hand, is getting much better when dealing with the media.
The younger busch is an immature little turd. If he doesn't win it's someone else's fault, and it wasn't fair. =; =;
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Who is going to win this weekend? I'm thinking I should have added Mark Martin to the mix. However, I didn't check my team until too late.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2009, 6:31 pm

Keslowski wins the Nationwide race with Vickers 2nd and Blech 3rd. Or that's how I think it finished. I was listening to the race on Sirius.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 16th, 2009, 8:08 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Keslowski wins the Nationwide race with Vickers 2nd and Blech 3rd. Or that's how I think it finished. I was listening to the race on Sirius.
I wouldn't mind if that was the order for Sunday... well, except for Blech.

I decided to take a week off from my "Mark Martin on the Bench" strategy. Go figure!! X(
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 16th, 2009, 2:37 pm

Hmmm...is there a race today?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 16th, 2009, 4:42 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Hmmm...is there a race today?
JJ and Martin have STRONG cars today in 1 and 2.

Edwards and Vickers running 3 & 4 (my top two choices). Kes is in the top 10 too. JPM is up there too.

Kurt Busch is off. Ambrose is having a bad day.

Smoke & Hamlin are having handling issues. Kenseth running well.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 16th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Kahne cut JPM's tire. JPM's down a lap.

Kahne's a putz. First Hornish, now JPM. Karma's going to get Kahne.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 16th, 2009, 5:23 pm

With 25 laps to go, DALE JR is in 9th, but is sitting pretty with his fuel. All 8 in front of him are scheduled NOT to finish without pitting.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 16th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Exciting finish...
JJ runs out of gas and pits with a little over 2 laps to go, leaving it for Vickers. Both Vickers and Gordon ran on vapors.

Vickers 1, Gordon 2, Dale Jr. 3, Edwards 4, HORNISH 5.
Mears 6, JFL 7, Boyer 8, Reutimann 9, Hamlin 10

JJ finished 33rd.

Martin ran out of fuel on the last lap, and it may cost him the Chase.

Vickers ran out of fuel just before his celebration.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 16th, 2009, 6:03 pm

This week's winner: Colchar!! 1st, 4th, and 5th.

The fantasy league is now REALLY tight at the top!! And who's in the lead?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 16th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Lavabe wrote:This week's winner: Colchar!! 1st, 4th, and 5th.

The fantasy league is now REALLY tight at the top!! And who's in the lead?
If I'm to believe the standings at the moment, that would be me.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 16th, 2009, 7:29 pm

And speaking of racing, did you see the Usain Bolt-Tyson Gay matchup. Gay is incredible, Bolt otherworldly.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 16th, 2009, 7:32 pm

Lavabe has those gaudy win totals...but with the scoring system we have consistency is the key. Unfortunately, I'm running out of good guys.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 17th, 2009, 2:55 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Lavabe has those gaudy win totals...but with the scoring system we have consistency is the key.
I had been remarkably consistent early in the season but really dropped off for a while. Hopefully this week's result is the start of an upward swing for me.
Unfortunately, I'm running out of good guys.
You and me both - which might screw up any chance I have at an upswing.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 17th, 2009, 2:57 am

Lavabe wrote:This week's winner: Colchar!! 1st, 4th, and 5th.

It's about bloody time I had another good week. The funny thing is that I forgot to pick my drivers this week until after qualifying had started so I could only switch starters and bench drivers - I couldn't switch anyone in or out of my lineup. Had I been able to I wouldn't have had nearly as good a week as I did.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 4:32 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Lavabe has those gaudy win totals...but with the scoring system we have consistency is the key. Unfortunately, I'm running out of good guys.
Just 5 points ahead of me... I don't recall a 4-5 week stretch of <20 pts difference in the top two last season. IIRC, last year Tilly pulled an Usain Bolt and once she took the lead, no one could catch her.

The good guys that I am running out of (<=3 picks left) are Denny Hamlin (3), Kasey Kahne (2), Kurt Busch (3), Ambrose (3), and Smoke (3).

Good thing that in the last hour before the race, I went with Carl instead of Biffle. On the other hand, I also chose JPM over Hamlin, but that was because of the low number of Hamlin picks I have left. I figured I'd take Denny one more time each at Bristol and Martinsville, leaving one more time in reserve, so I HAD to go with JPM. And JPM would have been good, had it not been for that putz, Kasey Kahne. You'll note that in Group Picks, it STILL has me selecting Biffle and Hamlin.

Colchar and I had 1st and 4th places this week, but colchar's WISE choice of Hornish left me in the dust.

On to the little track!!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 4:44 am

YmoBeThere wrote:And speaking of racing, did you see the Usain Bolt-Tyson Gay matchup. Gay is incredible, Bolt otherworldly.
I really hope that everything is clean. 9.58? You are correct... Bolt is "otherworldly." #-o :-o