LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Turk » August 17th, 2009, 2:02 am

OK, I'm caught up... Great day of rafting on the Lehigh, then popped over to Jim Thorpe, PA for a short hike up Glen Onoko falls. There were some big T-storms last week, so there was much more water than the typical August in these parts... Congrats to all the milestone-makers!!
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 17th, 2009, 3:39 am

captmojo wrote:Get out of the city and there's a lot to like in NY...in anything but mid-winter.

The best part about NY is that it is attached to Canada ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 4:57 am

captmojo wrote:Get out of the city and there's a lot to like in NY...in anything but mid-winter.
Umm, two words...

LAKE PLACID. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:01 am

Turk wrote:I guess I'm an "amphibious" Pennsylvanian - born and raised in Pittsburgh and currently residing in suburban Philthy... 21 pages to go...
Paging Charles Shackelford... =)) :)) =)) :)) =)) :))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:02 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Those of you who are on Facebook, I finally posted some pics.
:-bd :-bd :-bd
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:04 am

cl15876 wrote:PM me! I am OLD!!!! Memory is the first to go!!!! Thank god shrinkage doesn't occur first!!!! :D ;)
TMI %-( %-( %-( %-( %-( %-(
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:07 am

cl15876 wrote:I had something quick to do for work.... where did everyone go? :-\
My 13 yr old daughter had me on daddy duty. I had to help on geometry. ~x( ~x( ~x(
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:10 am

captmojo wrote:I make a note of the page number, then return to that page after my reading is caught up.
DAYUMMMMMMM....
I will have to try that out! :-B :-B
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:15 am

cl15876 wrote:BD - I thought about this story today while talking with my kids, my son and daughter both love to play and are heading to the beach for a week with my X in the land of mini-golf (Mrytle Beach) and go-Karts! They are excited and they must have brought up mini-golf about 1800 times today....... :D We'll get to do this also, but I know they will have fun playing......, but thought I'd share, I could relate but was afraid to hear what I had not done, so I got brave and asked my lil man and he says, Daddy, you always say you will help me with my leggo starfighter vehicle "about 18 million pieces" and you "never" do.... :-? :-? :-? #-o #-o #-o #-o :-? :-? :-? ..... my response.... Son, I hear ya, but remember you wanted to go swimming for hours, we play Wii at your Aunts, we come home and it's late and your tired and then you want to do everything else but work on your leggo project, sooo, ... although Daddy has helped you get most of it together and worked with you to this point, is it really fair to say that I "never" do what I say I'm going to do! Well, Daddy you have helped me so no it isn't fair! Son, trust me, the next time we are together, we will focus on finishing up your star fighter vehicle, deal? DEAL! :D Life is good again!!!
My daughter is now at the stage where she's asking for help in subjects that I have long since forgotten. I feel like such a L-) .
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:17 am

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:This could become frightening as bjornolf, BONES, Lavabe and I are all signed on now. :roll:
I am ready to rock!!!! :D
I rolled. :-q
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:19 am

DukeUsul wrote:Totally went to church this morning with Mike Nifong.
Now WAIT a minute!!

How did this one get away without a reply?
:-$
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 17th, 2009, 5:21 am

captmojo wrote:(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-|
(-| Take Sominex tonight and sleep.....safe and restful sleep, sleep, sleep. (-|
I wonder if there's a way to have them NOT yawn in unison. \:D/
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2009, 7:10 am

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Does anyone else think the :shock: smilie is a bit creepy? I think I like :o a little better. :ymdevil: is another favorite.
:shock: :? :o are creepy.

I would like some clarification on these smilies: :ymhiro: :ymbilly: o-+

Who are Hiro, Billy, and April?
I don't know if anybody's done this yet, but I didn't see any for a couple pages. Basically, from what I understand, :ymbilly: is just generic for a guy, o-+ is generic for a girl, and :ymhiro: is your anime or video game character. Plus, you can do stories, like my old one about :ymbilly: hitting on o-+ who is :ymhiro: GF by ;) and then getting b-( , cause if you look closely, the b-( emoticon STARTS with a ;) So, you can tell stories with them, like :ymhiro: + o-+ . :ymbilly: :arrow: ;) o-+ . o-+ :-* :ymbilly: . :ymhiro: :arrow: =(( . :ymhiro: b-( :ymbilly: .

And if the stupid heart emoticon worked instead of displaying :x , I wouldn't have even needed the + sign in there.

Also, we need a frickin' jump to page option like on DBR. It's a REAL pain to post a response on page 314, then have to jump BACK to page 299 three pages at a time. When I was 40 pages behind, it was even more of a pain. :((

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2009, 7:20 am

YmoBeThere wrote:And by the way, what is a Lady Marmalade? I enjoy orange marmalade on an English muffin.
I believe that Lady Marmalade is supposed to be the proprietor of a bordello in Paris.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 7:26 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
captmojo wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
There are several Buttermilk Falls in NY. I doubt the one we went to was the one you saw as it isn't in a state park. Dad used to ride his bike out to these - and admitted that he skipped school on occasion to do so. He waited until his kids were all out of school before telling us that part.
OK, but these were easy on the eyes.
I still don't know how to get the pix here but have added a few picks of the Falls on my Facebook page.
Saw the pics - they're great!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2009, 7:32 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Is there an easy way to return to a prior page - like 20 pages back? If I quote a message and want to go back to where I was reading, I have to move back like 3 pages at a time from the page count on the top or bottom. There must be an easier way. Can anyone share?

I've seen it in other boards software, but not this one.
I figured out how to do it. Hold down CTRL when you click on Quote and it will open the post reply screen on a new tab. Then you can post and close that tab. You remain on the same same post you were quoting. I assume this works with clicking on the Reply button also.
I just discovered a few options. You can "go back" by hitting the back arrow a few times. You can do the CTRL thing like you said. You can right click on the QUOTE or REPLY buttons and tell it to open it in a new window. You can copy the URL of the page before you hit QUOTE or REPLY, then paste it in the URL line to get back.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 17th, 2009, 7:34 am

Lavabe wrote:
Thanks, Lavabe! I thought of you in my camera class. My camera has a geotagging option (you have to buy an adapter). In addition to all the other info, your pictures get tagged with the latitude and longitude where they were taken. I would imagine that something like that would've been really handy on your recent Madagascar trip. Does your camera have that feature?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 17th, 2009, 8:35 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
Thanks, Lavabe! I thought of you in my camera class. My camera has a geotagging option (you have to buy an adapter). In addition to all the other info, your pictures get tagged with the latitude and longitude where they were taken. I would imagine that something like that would've been really handy on your recent Madagascar trip. Does your camera have that feature?
THAT is a cool option.

I loved your pics over on FB, Cheryl.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 17th, 2009, 8:45 am

bjornolf wrote:
I don't know if anybody's done this yet, but I didn't see any for a couple pages. Basically, from what I understand, :ymbilly: is just generic for a guy, o-+ is generic for a girl, and :ymhiro: is your anime or video game character. Plus, you can do stories, like my old one about :ymbilly: hitting on o-+ who is :ymhiro: GF by ;) and then getting b-( , cause if you look closely, the b-( emoticon STARTS with a ;) So, you can tell stories with them, like :ymhiro: + o-+ . :ymbilly: :arrow: ;) o-+ . o-+ :-* :ymbilly: . :ymhiro: :arrow: =(( . :ymhiro: b-( :ymbilly: .

And if the stupid heart emoticon worked instead of displaying :x , I wouldn't have even needed the + sign in there.

%%-
Poor :ymbilly: can't win for being a L-) . In either situation, he :ymbilly: , keeps getting b-( in your story.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2009, 8:55 am

captmojo wrote: Poor :ymbilly: can't win for being a L-) . In either situation, he :ymbilly: , keeps getting b-( in your story.
Yea, but in the second story, he got the o-+ . ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...