LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » August 16th, 2009, 10:35 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Y'all have been busy the past few days. I leave at O'dark thirty on Friday am and discover this am that I'm over 20 pages behind. Caught up a bite between the last good-bye in Buffalo and heading to the airport.
Hope you had a great time in NY!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 10:42 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Y'all have been busy the past few days. I leave at O'dark thirty on Friday am and discover this am that I'm over 20 pages behind. Caught up a bite between the last good-bye in Buffalo and heading to the airport.
By the way, when is your FB going to get populated with PICs????? :-? :-? :-? :-? This is a small world and would NOT WANT TO browse by you and not say HEY and give YOU a BIG HUG!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: Unless you have an aversion to public affection! :ymblushing: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymblushing: B-) Then just a lil hey and hand shake and body bump (maybe!) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2009, 10:46 pm

What a fun weekend. Flew to Buffalo for a cousin's wedding. Friday afternoon, my sister, her husband, and I went searching for ancestors graves. Fortunately, I had found a listing and map of the graves online so we could find them. I still need to figure out how everyone relates.

Met up with some a cousin and her daughter after dinner and visited for a while.

Wedding on Saturday was at 1pm and the reception wasn't until 6pm. Last time we were in LeRoy with my dad, he was mad at himself for not taking the kids to Buttermilk Falls and kept saying I could just kick myself for not taking them. My brother in law kept talking about that but it took awhile for us to realize he wasn't kidding. Therefore, after the ceremony, we went and found Buttermilk Falls. We hiked down to them in our wedding attire - but did have a change of shoes. Not a far hike but on gravel paths and down between trees. Fortunately, there was plenty of water and the falls were beautiful. If I knew how to post a picture, I'd stick one in.

I loved that the BiL wanted to honor Dad by going to the Falls. What a great day it was.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2009, 10:48 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Definitely had a great time. See above post.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 10:51 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:What a fun weekend. Flew to Buffalo for a cousin's wedding. Friday afternoon, my sister, her husband, and I went searching for ancestors graves. Fortunately, I had found a listing and map of the graves online so we could find them. I still need to figure out how everyone relates.

Met up with some a cousin and her daughter after dinner and visited for a while.

Wedding on Saturday was at 1pm and the reception wasn't until 6pm. Last time we were in LeRoy with my dad, he was mad at himself for not taking the kids to Buttermilk Falls and kept saying I could just kick myself for not taking them. My brother in law kept talking about that but it took awhile for us to realize he wasn't kidding. Therefore, after the ceremony, we went and found Buttermilk Falls. We hiked down to them in our wedding attire - but did have a change of shoes. Not a far hike but on gravel paths and down between trees. Fortunately, there was plenty of water and the falls were beautiful. If I knew how to post a picture, I'd stick one in.

I loved that the BiL wanted to honor Dad by going to the Falls. What a great day it was.
I thought NY was all asphalt? Go figure, country boy here? 8-}
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2009, 10:53 pm

cl15876 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:What a fun weekend. Flew to Buffalo for a cousin's wedding. Friday afternoon, my sister, her husband, and I went searching for ancestors graves. Fortunately, I had found a listing and map of the graves online so we could find them. I still need to figure out how everyone relates.

I thought NY was all asphalt? Go figure, country boy here? 8-}
I was in the real part of the state. Lots of green.
Life is good!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 10:54 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Good looking piece of ground. Saw it on NY state park website.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 10:55 pm

Get out of the city and there's a lot to like in NY...in anything but mid-winter.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2009, 10:57 pm

captmojo wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: quote="DukieInKansas" Y'all have been busy the past few days. I leave at O'dark thirty on Friday am and discover this am that I'm over 20 pages behind. Caught up a bite between the last good-bye in Buffalo and heading to the airport. /quote

Good looking piece of ground. Saw it on NY state park website.
There are several Buttermilk Falls in NY. I doubt the one we went to was the one you saw as it isn't in a state park. Dad used to ride his bike out to these - and admitted that he skipped school on occasion to do so. He waited until his kids were all out of school before telling us that part.
Life is good!
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 10:59 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
There are several Buttermilk Falls in NY. I doubt the one we went to was the one you saw as it isn't in a state park. Dad used to ride his bike out to these - and admitted that he skipped school on occasion to do so. He waited until his kids were all out of school before telling us that part.
OK, but these were easy on the eyes.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 16th, 2009, 11:06 pm

Past YBT's bedtime...
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 11:07 pm

(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-| (-| (-|
(-| (-|
(-| Take Sominex tonight and sleep.....safe and restful sleep, sleep, sleep. (-|
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 11:14 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:DD has 99 to go unitl 2000. I think he should drink a beer for each post. 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beeeerrr......
Hey, devildeac, what is the appropriate beer to accompany one's 99th post before reaching 2000? :P
I had a Stoudt's Triple tonight, several hours after making post #1901. I reviewed it about a week ago on the "ymm, beer" thread. ;) It's one of the assortment I'll be bringing to Brunchgate #1, 2009 Edition. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2009, 11:15 pm

captmojo wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
I still don't know how to get the pix here but have added a few picks of the Falls on my Facebook page.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 11:17 pm

cl15876 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:DD has 99 to go unitl 2000. I think he should drink a beer for each post. 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beeeerrr......
Hey, devildeac, what is the appropriate beer to accompany one's 99th post before reaching 2000? :P
I think he likes Bud Light! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I'll ignore that comment. I still like ya, man, but just a little bit less after that one... :roll: ;)

And, BTW, please note she used the word "beer." :)) :)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 11:17 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
captmojo wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
I still don't know how to get the pix here but have added a few picks of the Falls on my Facebook page.
OOOOHHHH, I am all over it!!!!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 16th, 2009, 11:20 pm

captmojo wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Did you, by chance, check out Letchworth State Park? We used to go there as kids. It was beautiful. It was a bit more challenging when we visited via bicycle as adults.
Life is good!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 11:20 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:"quote="CameronBornAndBred""DD has 99 to go unitl 2000. I think he should drink a beer for each post. 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beeeerrr......"/quote"

I think he likes Bud Light! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
I'll ignore that comment. I still like ya, man, but just a little bit less after that one... :roll: ;)

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Sorry, I knew WE COULD LAST thru thick and THIN (aka bud light, SORRY OZ)!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 11:26 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:"quote="CameronBornAndBred""DD has 99 to go unitl 2000. I think he should drink a beer for each post. 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beeeerrr......"/quote"

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Sorry, I knew WE COULD LAST thru thick and THIN (aka bud light, SORRY OZ)!!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
too damn funny...
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 17th, 2009, 1:18 am

devildeac wrote:
Turk wrote:Caddyshack is on AMC right now, but I am NOT staying up to watch it. Catch yins later. Probably get back on line sometime Saturday with 15-20 pages of posts to catch up on... <sigh>
"Yins"

And I thought you were from eastern Pennswillvania...
I guess I'm an "amphibious" Pennsylvanian - born and raised in Pittsburgh and currently residing in suburban Philthy... 21 pages to go...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."