LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:09 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:This could become frightening as bjornolf, BONES, Lavabe and I are all signed on now. :roll:
I am ready to rock!!!! :D
I had something quick to do for work.... where did everyone go? :-\
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:15 pm

CathyCA wrote:The TSA wouldn't give me my tube of toothpaste back when I came back through security this morning.
X( X( X( hey by the way, I really enjoyed your last signature/quote, but love the new one!!!! Noticed that yesterday!!!! :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:16 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:I'm shocked at the number of typos from my last few posts. I was using my netbook and lying down while posting. And didn't proof anything. But that is no excuse.
umm, on your back or tummy? :-o :-o :-o
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:17 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Lavabe wrote:"quote="YmoBeThere""That was post #700 for me. This is 701 and the first post wher I have used a post icon."/quote"
Oh no... we have to bury this post before devildeac gets any ideas. x_x
Ooooh, hadn't thought of those... ;) :D :))
Dang, it worked... :)) :))
DD - you are getting the hang of the quoting! Ya know how to make us proud!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:21 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:"quote="Lavabe""
Oh no... we have to bury this post before devildeac gets any ideas. x_x"/quote"

DD - you are getting the hang of the quoting! Ya know how to make us proud!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
Guess, we can focus on the quality of brew and tini tasting rather than having to concentrate on quoting-101 in the near future! :D :-bd
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:23 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Sam had a full tube of toothpaste in his backpack.
They musta been worried about the famous exploding toothpaste... :oops: :roll:
I may have already commented on this, but this was awesome!!!! Talk about paranoia gone wild!!!! The TSA kills me.... pretty soon they will not let us carry on our pens and pencils and the women won't be permitted to wear those wire support bra's, ya know those can be awesome weapons also in the hands of skilled personnel!!!! .... Hello!!!!! :(( :(( B-)
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:25 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Is there an easy way to return to a prior page - like 20 pages back? If I quote a message and want to go back to where I was reading, I have to move back like 3 pages at a time from the page count on the top or bottom. There must be an easier way. Can anyone share?
I hit the back, back, back on my browser button so I can return to my place before replying to someone 20 or 40 pages into the future! Hope this helps! I was wrestling with the same thing and ended up having too many tabs and browsers open.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Still here. Gotta go tomorrow. Priorities. My Mother, Mom, Big 'E', She who must be obeyed, requested (no,make that ordered) my presence for the express service of plucking pears for my aunt's annual making of pear preserves, in donation to the church bazaar. I was going to be made to feel guilty if the request/order was not complied with. I now get to go up on the mount, to mow grass, on tomorrow with out benefit of piscatorial delights. My beverage delights can await my return home, which will be as early tomorrow as possible. I'll need those bev's.
insert non-existent beer mug smilie here
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 7:28 pm

I make a note of the page number, then return to that page after my reading is caught up.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 16th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Here for now, but have to clean up the place, do laundry, etc.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:38 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I was riding in the car with my two oldest a few years ago, Number 2 son Jack was probably 5. I asked them if they could think of anything they would like to change about me, their mother, before it was too late and their childhood was ruined. Andrew basically ignored me, he's always was a fast learner, but Jack said, "There is one thing. You should take us to play miniature golf more often." We haven't taken a vacation since that didn't include at least one round of mini-golf. And we have played every single course within 2 hours of our house. Whenever the kids get invited to a mini-golf birthday party, they usually dominate. Within the family it's a hard fought battle, well, except for me. I don't slack but I'm always the one carrying the score card and going last and I'm just not cutthroat about it.
You have the scorecard and can't figure out a way to come in first?

Miniature golf in Winter Park last year - we had a hole with a loop-de-loop so we created a new rule. If you used the loop-de-loop and got a hole in one, you got 6 strokes off your score. It was the only thing that kept me in the game. :D
BD - I thought about this story today while talking with my kids, my son and daughter both love to play and are heading to the beach for a week with my X in the land of mini-golf (Mrytle Beach) and go-Karts! They are excited and they must have brought up mini-golf about 1800 times today....... :D We'll get to do this also, but I know they will have fun playing......, but thought I'd share, I could relate but was afraid to hear what I had not done, so I got brave and asked my lil man and he says, Daddy, you always say you will help me with my leggo starfighter vehicle "about 18 million pieces" and you "never" do.... :-? :-? :-? #-o #-o #-o #-o :-? :-? :-? ..... my response.... Son, I hear ya, but remember you wanted to go swimming for hours, we play Wii at your Aunts, we come home and it's late and your tired and then you want to do everything else but work on your leggo project, sooo, ... although Daddy has helped you get most of it together and worked with you to this point, is it really fair to say that I "never" do what I say I'm going to do! Well, Daddy you have helped me so no it isn't fair! Son, trust me, the next time we are together, we will focus on finishing up your star fighter vehicle, deal? DEAL! :D Life is good again!!!
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:40 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Just so everyone can know, there is a J Reddick playing for the Red Sox. He however, is not a JJ.
My cousin wore a Red Sox garter last night. Her groom, also a fan, didn't know it until he took it off her at the reception.
Woo hoo! Hey NOW! What a surprise, that is not my RED SOCK???? Where did that come from? :-? :-? :-? :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :ymblushing: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D =)) =)) =)) =))
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:42 pm

devildeac wrote:
captmojo wrote:Whew! :-o #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s #:-s :-o
Finally got caught up and now it's time to go.
New work week runs from Tues-Sat. I've been getting home just in time to go to bed. Now I've yard work to do up on the Fescue Farm. I might decide to stay the night and spend time teaching fish how not to bite. (Survival techniques for the Largemouth Bass)
I most certainly will be teaching beer bottles how to become lighter in weight and lose that 'cold feeling'.
insert fish smilie here
in your mind, in your mind
You have QUITE the way with words, sir. :)) =))
I 2nd that!!!! Hopefully you won't mind me reusing both.... :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 7:47 pm

cl15876 wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:DD has 99 to go unitl 2000. I think he should drink a beer for each post. 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beeeerrr......
I think that is a great proposal! ;) =)) =)) =))
%-( x_x :-t [-x
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 7:50 pm

captmojo wrote:.....ordered) my presence for the express service of plucking pears for my aunt's annual making of pear preserves ....
Can you save a few jars, pleeezzzzz, YUMMM!!!!!
captmojo wrote: ... I was going to be made to feel guilty if the request/order was not complied with.
Funny how, no matter how old WE GET, WE ALL REVERT to succumbing to our parents talent of affixing blame and guilt to US!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))
captmojo wrote:... My beverage delights can await my return home, which will be as early tomorrow as possible. I'll need those bev's.
insert non-existent beer mug smilie here
Drive safely! vibes and prayers for safe return home! Then let the :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: begin!!!! ;) :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2009, 7:51 pm

cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:"quote="YmoBeThere""That was post #700 for me. This is 701 and the first post wher I have used a post icon."/quote"

I had good instructors. ;)

Just like with PWing... :roll: :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2009, 7:57 pm

cl15876 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I was riding in the car with my two oldest a few years ago, Number 2 son Jack was probably 5. I asked them if they could think of anything they would like to change about me, their mother, before it was too late and their childhood was ruined. Andrew basically ignored me, he's always was a fast learner, but Jack said, "There is one thing. You should take us to play miniature golf more often." We haven't taken a vacation since that didn't include at least one round of mini-golf. And we have played every single course within 2 hours of our house. Whenever the kids get invited to a mini-golf birthday party, they usually dominate. Within the family it's a hard fought battle, well, except for me. I don't slack but I'm always the one carrying the score card and going last and I'm just not cutthroat about it.
You have the scorecard and can't figure out a way to come in first?

Miniature golf in Winter Park last year - we had a hole with a loop-de-loop so we created a new rule. If you used the loop-de-loop and got a hole in one, you got 6 strokes off your score. It was the only thing that kept me in the game. :D
BD - I thought about this story today while talking with my kids, my son and daughter both love to play and are heading to the beach for a week with my X in the land of mini-golf (Mrytle Beach) and go-Karts! They are excited and they must have brought up mini-golf about 1800 times today....... :D We'll get to do this also, but I know they will have fun playing......, but thought I'd share, I could relate but was afraid to hear what I had not done, so I got brave and asked my lil man and he says, Daddy, you always say you will help me with my leggo starfighter vehicle "about 18 million pieces" and you "never" do.... :-? :-? :-? #-o #-o #-o #-o :-? :-? :-? ..... my response.... Son, I hear ya, but remember you wanted to go swimming for hours, we play Wii at your Aunts, we come home and it's late and your tired and then you want to do everything else but work on your leggo project, sooo, ... although Daddy has helped you get most of it together and worked with you to this point, is it really fair to say that I "never" do what I say I'm going to do! Well, Daddy you have helped me so no it isn't fair! Son, trust me, the next time we are together, we will focus on finishing up your star fighter vehicle, deal? DEAL! :D Life is good again!!!
Score two points for the both of you in the Parenting Parade of Promises. You have done WELL! Follow through. Carry on. :D
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » August 16th, 2009, 8:00 pm

devildeac wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
devildeac wrote:"quote="devildeac""

DD - you are getting the hang of the quoting! Ya know how to make us proud!!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd"/quote"

I had good instructors. ;)

Just like with PWing... :roll: :))
You've had some impressive experiences lately!!!!! :-bd
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 16th, 2009, 9:24 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Totally went to church this morning with Mike Nifong.
I can think of so many responses to this....
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 16th, 2009, 9:26 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:DD has 99 to go unitl 2000. I think he should drink a beer for each post. 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beeeerrr......
Hey, devildeac, what is the appropriate beer to accompany one's 99th post before reaching 2000? :P
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein