Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by Phredd3 » November 18th, 2020, 7:45 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 7:12 pm
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 18th, 2020, 5:09 pm
I agree that he will pardon his family, but if there are others that he thinks can help him, either in court cases or in future business endeavors, he might also pardon them. Everything is transactional for him, so he will help anyone who might be able to help him.
The problem there is guilt by association. So he's saying they are guilty, but he's letting them off. If I were a lawyer, I'd be jumping all over that.
"Well, you know, we've been looking at you for the same crimes, and...Ta-Da!"
Actually, a pardon doesn't say anything about guilt or innocence. It just says that the committed act cannot be prosecuted (or if it already has been, that any punishment is void). It's not an admission one way or the other about criminal guilt (in fact, it is often used when a President thinks there is reason to believe that the prosecution was somehow erroneous).

However, one thing that a pardon does do is remove the ability for a pardoned person to plead the Fifth. If you have been pardoned for something, you can no longer incriminate yourself while testifying about that thing. Of course, there may be related crimes that you might be able to be convicted of that could cause you to still take the Fifth, but those would have to be carefully explained to the court, as the pardoned act could not be a necessary part of those offenses. If the pardoned act is an element of a chargeable offense, than that offense no longer applies to you and your testimony can be compelled.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 19th, 2020, 11:27 pm

Every single Republican elected official, whether it is a Senator, a Representative, or the local sewage commissioner, needs to be put in front of a camera and be asked point blank what they think of what Trump is doing right now. And don't let them dodge the question. That way their support of Trump's lunacy and treasonous behavior will forever be a part of the public record.

It is one thing for him to demand recounts. What he is doing now is going to new lows, which is saying a lot for him. And by being unwilling to work with Biden, he is putting the health and safety of all Americans at risk. As the pandemic gets worse and worse. I really don't see how anyone finds this excusable. Republicans need to grow a pair and speak up. And people really believe all of his conspiracy theories, then we need a fleet of mental health professionals to save our country.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » November 20th, 2020, 12:15 am

How can I sleep with that picture of Giuliani with his sweating hair die face emblazoned in my memory....
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 20th, 2020, 5:44 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 11:27 pm
Every single Republican elected official, whether it is a Senator, a Representative, or the local sewage commissioner, needs to be put in front of a camera and be asked point blank what they think of what Trump is doing right now. And don't let them dodge the question. That way their support of Trump's lunacy and treasonous behavior will forever be a part of the public record.

It is one thing for him to demand recounts. What he is doing now is going to new lows, which is saying a lot for him. And by being unwilling to work with Biden, he is putting the health and safety of all Americans at risk. As the pandemic gets worse and worse. I really don't see how anyone finds this excusable. Republicans need to grow a pair and speak up. And people really believe all of his conspiracy theories, then we need a fleet of mental health professionals to save our country.
Sadly, I think we need a fleet of mental health professionals who have experience in deprogramming cult members. That’s what this looks like to me, deep in Trumplandia.

As for the enablers, there’s no excuse at this point. It’s all motivated by greed.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » November 20th, 2020, 9:55 am

At what point should the Democratic party in Georgia actually start to bring up policy? Is it too early to start pressing on stimulus? Benefits for many run out the day after Christmas (sorry, kids, 'tis no longer the season). Would this be an effective way to leverage the seats to actually get a bill before it runs out?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 20th, 2020, 10:01 am

Furniture wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 12:15 am
How can I sleep with that picture of Giuliani with his sweating hair die face emblazoned in my memory....
=))
Someone needs be collecting all of Trump and Giuliani's "special moments" for a photographical history of the 2020 campaign. It will make the perfect book for your covfefe table.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
gumbomoop
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by gumbomoop » November 20th, 2020, 10:08 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
November 20th, 2020, 5:44 am
CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 19th, 2020, 11:27 pm
And people really believe all of his conspiracy theories, then we need a fleet of mental health professionals to save our country.
Sadly, I think we need a fleet of mental health professionals who have experience in deprogramming cult members. That’s what this looks like to me, deep in Trumplandia.
I also live in Trumplandia, though have little contact with those folks. But everything I do see, hear, and read of local Trumpists, I concur with AD and CNC about cult and conspiracy theories. It is nearly unbelievable.

We have historical studies of “eras of collective madness.” We’re in such an era, when conspiracy theories from the merely implausible [Dems stole 5 states] to the phantasmagoric [QAnon] spread from provocateurs to everyday folks. The sane people, a bare majority, are by some Constitutional quirks held hostage by tens of millions of voters no longer tethered to reality, science, normal understanding of facts. We are experiencing something close to nihilism in the moralistic name of “faith, freedom, and family.”

I wouldn't predict this madness is just a momentary thing. Our hope must be that Biden will somehow be able, with help from the occasional Republican Senator or two, not to mention several centrist-conservative Democrats, to pass legislation that will help the bottom 3/4 of the populace. Stimulus. Health care. Infrastructure. Jobs, jobs, jobs. Plus, effective vaccine within 4-6 months.

We all know how crucial are the GA elections. Even if Dems get to 50-50, Biden could only count on about 18 months of Dem-unified governance. In 2022 Dems will have another chance to control the Senate, but Repubs might win back the House.

The odds of escaping cult madness in the next few years are not literally impossible, but they are imposing.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » November 21st, 2020, 9:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QybcBH6rSw

Can’t post this OY...Already got shouted at today...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 21st, 2020, 9:41 pm

Furniture wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 9:00 pm

HA!

While nerve racking, this seems to finally be coming to a sad, loserish conclusion for Trump. It's going to still take a few more days, but not the weeks that he is trying to drag it out.
After this fiasco, I'd bet if the election were re-run tomorrow, Biden truly would win in a landslide. America is getting fed up with this shit.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » November 21st, 2020, 10:43 pm

November 21st, 2020, 9:41 pm
Furniture wrote:

HA!

While nerve racking, this seems to finally be coming to a sad, loserish conclusion for Trump. It's going to still take a few more days, but not the weeks that he is trying to drag it out.
After this fiasco, I'd bet if the election were re-run tomorrow, Biden truly would win in a landslide. America is getting fed up with this shit.
I wish I agreed with you but I'm not sure you're right. There might be a small group of people who voted for Trump who are troubled by this, but I think there is a huge group that thinks this is fine. Nothing he is doing is surprising. There are some people who voted for him in 2016 thinking that once he became president, he would step up to the dignity of the office. But he hasn't. So anyone who voted for him this year knew exactly what they were voting for. Every day he is doing long lasting damage to our country. And tens of millions of people are believing all of his lies.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » November 21st, 2020, 11:55 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
November 21st, 2020, 10:43 pm
November 21st, 2020, 9:41 pm
Furniture wrote:

HA!

I wish I agreed with you but I'm not sure you're right. There might be a small group of people who voted for Trump who are troubled by this, but I think there is a huge group that thinks this is fine. Nothing he is doing is surprising. There are some people who voted for him in 2016 thinking that once he became president, he would step up to the dignity of the office. But he hasn't. So anyone who voted for him this year knew exactly what they were voting for. Every day he is doing long lasting damage to our country. And tens of millions of people are believing all of his lies.
I have been thinking about this a lot. I am looking at this through my lens and I see tRump not cooperating for a smooth transition and it upsets and worries me. I know we Dems think about Hillary conceding the day after and Obama having tRump over to the WH as doing the “right thing”. But even though tRumps see that they also see through their lens that his presidency was never accepted in so many other ways. Russian interference, the Comey investigation and impeachment to name a few. They are pissed and feel totally justified with their current behavior.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » November 23rd, 2020, 6:48 pm

D7D679B0-F378-457C-A468-CC9C0FA7BB82.jpeg
Furniture

Post by Furniture » November 23rd, 2020, 7:05 pm

4BAED4C6-6284-48FD-925B-916F43CE27E8.jpeg
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » November 23rd, 2020, 7:11 pm

Furniture wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 7:05 pm
4BAED4C6-6284-48FD-925B-916F43CE27E8.jpeg
Very nice!

It’s ovah.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » November 23rd, 2020, 9:44 pm

BREAKING NEWS: In a last ditch effort to win the election, Donald Trump has announced he is changing his name to Joe Biden.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 23rd, 2020, 10:30 pm

Furniture wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 9:44 pm
BREAKING NEWS: In a last ditch effort to win the election, Donald Trump has announced he is changing his name to Joe Biden.
HA!!!

And the Elephants & The Emperor is great. :ymapplause:

Feeling like a touch of normalcy hit tonight with the GSA's announcement. Finally. I still expect lots of chaos over the next two months.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 24th, 2020, 6:18 am

Furniture wrote:
November 23rd, 2020, 6:48 pm
D7D679B0-F378-457C-A468-CC9C0FA7BB82.jpeg
Love this! I’ve been asking for 4 years now if anyone has read “The Emperor’s New Clothes.” Because, hello, the Emperor isn’t wearing any clothes.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Furniture

Post by Furniture » November 24th, 2020, 4:58 pm

https://twitter.com/ReverendWarnock/sta ... 9739243527

Cool Warnock ad....love the ending.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 24th, 2020, 7:19 pm

This link is worth reading. "How Biden stole the election"

https://howbidenstoletheelection.com/
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » November 24th, 2020, 8:08 pm

November 24th, 2020, 7:19 pm
This link is worth reading. "How Biden stole the election"

https://howbidenstoletheelection.com/
Great article. Surprisingly thought provoking, especially as it pertains to Georgia's Senate races.