LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2009, 12:48 pm

New bed set to arrive between 12 (15 min from now) and 3:00.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Since I have stuff to do this afternoon, my guess is that the arrival time will be closer to 3:00.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2009, 12:50 pm

Now I need to find something to fix for lunch; I'm REALLY hungry.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2009, 12:51 pm

I would go out and buy something, but that's a sure fire way to get a noontime furniture arrival.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Maybe I should order a pizza.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Ymmm ... Papa John's.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Pizza ordered online ... check. :D
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2009, 1:03 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I've been doing digital camera research and think I've settled on the Nikon D90. There's been lots of digital photography discussion, so I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Now, go to BestBuy (on sale for $1199) or order online? :-?
Ahh, the age old question, instant or delayed gratification? And how much is it worth?
Nice interruption, Ymo... :roll: :)) ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2009, 1:05 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Maybe we need some ratings more in line with those that are used for academic journals. For those not in the know, scientific journals are ranked by impact factor. That's probably true in other disciplines as well. One of the criteria is number of people who cite articles from the journal. Wonder what would happen to our poster rankings if they were suddenly changed to reflect, not only the number of posts, but the number of times a particular poster was cited? :-?

Just trying to quote reputable sources... :oops: :roll: :))
:-B =)) =)) =)) =))
I was thinking/hoping some one might get a minor chuckle out of that statement... :roll: :oops:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2009, 1:06 pm

Sue71 wrote:
devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:Looks like Lavabe has his sights set on Ozzie today...

Maybe this hour...
If he keeps up this pace, Sue, BONES and colchar are in his passing range today, too. ;)

Hey, I have an excuse for not posting lately. Don't I get some kind of free pass or something?
Nope, just a :ymhug:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2009, 1:07 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
devildeac wrote:Looks like Ozzie grabbed #5000 and he wasted it dissing a microbrew...

Sheesh...

congrats anyway...
Isn't that sort of like dissing a Carnegie Deli pastrami, but supporting a Piggly-Wiggly pastrami? /:)
Honestly, I never looked at the post number, so thanks for pointing it out. And honestly #2, I was very disappointed in the wheat beer - my comment was I'd never had one and the bar tender game me the sample, and, well, I was disappointed in it. Don't know what it was.

Good analogy Lavabe! :ymapplause:
I coulda sworn you sampled a wheat ale or two during one of the Brunchgates last year.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2009, 1:14 pm

I have a pizza from Papa John's on the way. They had a deal on "The Meats" so that's what I got (pepperoni, italian sausage, bacon, beef, and ham). I still have Wheach and Raspberry Hefeweizen in the fridge. Would either of those be good with pizza? My gut instinct says no. Paging devildeac...
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2009, 1:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I have a pizza from Papa John's on the way. They had a deal on "The Meats" so that's what I got (pepperoni, italian sausage, bacon, beef, and ham). I still have Wheach and Raspberry Hefeweizen in the fridge. Would either of those be good with pizza? My gut instinct says no. Paging devildeac...
You are correct-neither.

Lots of brews go with pizza. Might I suggest a Schlafly's Pale Ale...? ;)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 9th, 2009, 1:20 pm

devildeac wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I have a pizza from Papa John's on the way. They had a deal on "The Meats" so that's what I got (pepperoni, italian sausage, bacon, beef, and ham). I still have Wheach and Raspberry Hefeweizen in the fridge. Would either of those be good with pizza? My gut instinct says no. Paging devildeac...
You are correct-neither.

You might. Unfortunately I don't have any in my fridge. I'll make a mental note of that and get some next time I'm at the store. Hopefully it will be good with leftover pizza. :)
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 9th, 2009, 1:29 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
You are correct-neither.

You might. Unfortunately I don't have any in my fridge. I'll make a mental note of that and get some next time I'm at the store. Hopefully it will be good with leftover pizza. :)
I'd bet it's quite tasty with leftover pizza. :D
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 9th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Man you people are as prolific as bunnies.

Anyone here into wine, or just me? I can't get into the Ymmm, Beer thread. I like lots of beer, but you people like funny things like wheat beers. yech. :lol:

Taking the family to the company outing at the Bulls game tonight. Supposed to be hot as balls. Hope Katie can handle it for a little bit. Gotta stay long enough to get full on the free food. :@) :@) :@)
-- DukeUsul
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 9th, 2009, 2:20 pm

DukeUsul wrote:Man you people are as prolific as bunnies.

Anyone here into wine, or just me? I can't get into the Ymmm, Beer thread. I like lots of beer, but you people like funny things like wheat beers. yech. :lol:

Taking the family to the company outing at the Bulls game tonight. Supposed to be hot as balls. Hope Katie can handle it for a little bit. Gotta stay long enough to get full on the free food. :@) :@) :@)
I have a friend who has two bunnies. She got them spayed and neutered respectively, so they aren't very prolific. And the girl bunny is as mean as hell. She might not have needed to get them fixed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 9th, 2009, 2:37 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Ymmm ... Papa John's.
WHAT? No IMO'S? :-o
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 9th, 2009, 2:40 pm

Hold on thar....

If it's an IMO'S pizza, complete with the requisite PROVEL cheese (much sweeter than ye ol' standard pizza cheese), I could see going with the raspberry.

But that's stretching things a bit.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 9th, 2009, 2:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Now I need to find something to fix for lunch; I'm REALLY hungry.
Fix for lunch?

Yep. Southern girl! :ymparty: