LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 11th, 2015, 10:58 pm

AD, I'm sending many you vibes. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » July 12th, 2015, 5:18 am

Have a great Sunday !
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » July 12th, 2015, 6:00 am

oooooohh, AD - big, big interview vibes!!!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 12th, 2015, 7:24 am

AD....is it Northwestern? I love downtown Chi so be sure to get a BIG apt, suitable for guests....the Iowa Blue Devil type! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2015, 7:51 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:AD, I'm sending many you vibes. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2015, 7:51 am

shereec wrote:oooooohh, AD - big, big interview vibes!!!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Thanks!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2015, 7:57 am

IowaDevil wrote:AD....is it Northwestern? I love downtown Chi so be sure to get a BIG apt, suitable for guests....the Iowa Blue Devil type! :D
Yes, that's the place. Hopefully I will be able to afford a big place. Sounds like you could be my tour guide, so a visit would be a must.

Still waiting for word from my former boss. I believe the NW position would be at a lower level than Wash U, but I need to talk to both places to be sure. Thinking I might be able to use the NW interview to get the former boss moving. Hopefully both will come through. Nothing like two great choices.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 12th, 2015, 8:11 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:AD....is it Northwestern? I love downtown Chi so be sure to get a BIG apt, suitable for guests....the Iowa Blue Devil type! :D
Yes, that's the place. Hopefully I will be able to afford a big place. Sounds like you could be my tour guide, so a visit would be a must.

Still waiting for word from my former boss. I believe the NW position would be at a lower level than Wash U, but I need to talk to both places to be sure. Thinking I might be able to use the NW interview to get the former boss moving. Hopefully both will come through. Nothing like two great choices.
Vibes for success on both fronts so you get to pick. About the only thing I can come show you in Chicago is how to get to the Crate and Barrel outlet store via the El but I will cheerfully do so.
Life is good!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 12th, 2015, 11:30 am

ArkieDukie wrote:

Vibing for the best fit for you! If you do end up in Chicago, I'll join the tour guides. I lived in the north suburbs for 13 years and would love to visit some of my old haunts :D If you end up in St. Louis, it would be fun to have you show US around! I would especilly love to see the botanical garden.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 12th, 2015, 7:33 pm

Vibes AD that you have tough and interesting choices in front of you.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2015, 8:28 pm

DukePA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Vibing for the best fit for you! If you do end up in Chicago, I'll join the tour guides. I lived in the north suburbs for 13 years and would love to visit some of my old haunts :D If you end up in St. Louis, it would be fun to have you show US around! I would especilly love to see the botanical garden.
Sounds good! If I do move back to St. Louis, one of the first things I will do is renew my MoBot membership. Love that place.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2015, 8:29 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Vibes AD that you have tough and interesting choices in front of you.
Thanks!
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 12th, 2015, 10:02 pm

Turk wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:It's Friday !

And it is still Shark Week !!!!!!!!!!
I could live with Shark Week. Unfortunately from what the interwebz say, it's Shark Summer in Brunswick County. Sister Turk is emphatically not amused, and is not buying my argument that no attacks have taken place at Holden Beach. She is considering not letting her young Turks in past their knees when we head down in a few weeks for the annual Yinzerpalooza.

Her attitude is more like this lady's: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2285220

"The shark has the right to eat you up when you in his house. When chickens come in my house, guess what? They get ate. When pigs come in my house, they on the plate..."

(Actually, those last two sentences might be a good motto for CB&B and his BBQ crew... I'll buy a T-shirt!)
Here's why I stayed out of the water last week when I was at Holden Beach. My cousin went deep sea fishing there early Monday morning. As he was reeling in a king mackerel, a SHARK emerged and bit the fish in half.

Later that morning, my cousin's son caught a smaller shark.

They returned to the beach with pictures of the half mackerel, some fish steaks and some shark steaks (which were tough).

And THAT, my CTN friends, is why I stayed out of the surf at Holden Beach last week.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 12th, 2015, 10:57 pm

CathyCA wrote:
Turk wrote:

I could live with Shark Week. Unfortunately from what the interwebz say, it's Shark Summer in Brunswick County. Sister Turk is emphatically not amused, and is not buying my argument that no attacks have taken place at Holden Beach. She is considering not letting her young Turks in past their knees when we head down in a few weeks for the annual Yinzerpalooza.

Her attitude is more like this lady's: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2285220

"The shark has the right to eat you up when you in his house. When chickens come in my house, guess what? They get ate. When pigs come in my house, they on the plate..."

(Actually, those last two sentences might be a good motto for CB&B and his BBQ crew... I'll buy a T-shirt!)
Here's why I stayed out of the water last week when I was at Holden Beach. My cousin went deep sea fishing there early Monday morning. As he was reeling in a king mackerel, a SHARK emerged and bit the fish in half.

They returned to the beach with pictures of the half mackerel, some fish steaks and some shark steaks (which were tough).

And THAT, my CTN friends, is why I stayed out of the surf at Holden Beach last week.

Scary. Glad you stayed out of the water!
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 13th, 2015, 6:40 am

That's crazie!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » July 13th, 2015, 11:42 am

CathyCA wrote:
Turk wrote:

Wow !!!!! I love Holden Beach ! North Carolina Beaches are beautiful and family oriented! And NO Place for Sharks!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 13th, 2015, 6:54 pm

It's been so nice being here. We have had very little rain. The lake has been beautifully. We're going home tomorrow.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 13th, 2015, 8:27 pm

Wild storm here. Power is out. Merlin is freaked out by the storm and Wes is freaked out by the music I put on my iPad to help Mer stay calm. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 13th, 2015, 8:29 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Wild storm here. Power is out. Merlin is freaked out by the storm and Wes is freaked out by the music I put on my iPad to help Mer stay calm. :9f:
Hope everyone makes it through okay.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 13th, 2015, 8:30 pm

Given the way things are going, how long before Greece threatens to invade Crete?

*Yes, I know Crete is part of Greece politically.