Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » August 2nd, 2009, 10:24 pm

I just want to win one.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 10:32 pm

Bostondevil wrote:I just want to win one.
You will. A while back, as Shamm was steadily getting better and better (and as an aside, he's become a damn good player himself), he told me that playing with me and watching my strategy had been one of the biggest factors in his improvement. I consider that to be a really high compliment.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 10:59 pm

I really want some milk, but we ain't got none. Bummer.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 10:59 pm

wilson wrote:I really want some milk, but we ain't got none. Bummer.
I have some if you need to come borrow a glass. :D
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 11:03 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
If you weren't just a smidge more than 800 miles away, I'd happily take you up on your offer. As it stands right now, I'm just lamenting the fact that the grocery store also may as well be 800 miles away, because there's no way I'm driving there tonight.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 2nd, 2009, 11:06 pm

11 PM post...in case you haven't noticed there has been at least a post every hour since 8 am

Trying to make it to 8 am Monday...but this is where we need some help from the left coasters. As I won't be up until 5 am. It was helpful last time that Lavabe was having a bout of insomnia.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:06 pm

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
If you weren't just a smidge more than 800 miles away, I'd happily take you up on your offer. As it stands right now, I'm just lamenting the fact that the grocery store also may as well be 800 miles away, because there's no way I'm driving there tonight.
It was worth a try - thought I might get to meet Wilson in person.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 11:09 pm

DukieInKansas wrote: It was worth a try - thought I might get to meet Wilson in person.
We'll make it happen eventually. I've decided that I'm attending minimum two Brunchgates this fall. One will definitely be the Wake game on Nov. 28, and I'm trying to select the other one strategically, so as to maximize the number of crazitalkers I'll get to meet.
You gonna make it to any of them?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 11:12 pm

Well, I stand corrected. On a whim, I decided to check the fridge to see if there was any milk in there. I had just assumed that, fresh off a weekend away, we wouldn't have any (and remember, I've been gone for a month). Turns out we did have milk, so now I'm back in bed with a nice, tall, cold glass. :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 11:16 pm

wilson wrote:Well, I stand corrected. On a whim, I decided to check the fridge to see if there was any milk in there. I had just assumed that, fresh off a weekend away, we wouldn't have any (and remember, I've been gone for a month). Turns out we did have milk, so now I'm back in bed with a nice, tall, cold glass. :D
Incidentally, what are y'all's feelings on food expiration dates? This milk is a couple of days past the date stamped on the jug, but it smells and tastes totally fine. Generally, with milk, I'm cool with it as long as it passes the smell test. Other foods, I pretty much don't care what the date says as long as they're not furry or, in the case of stuff like chips or crackers or cereal, obviously stale.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 2nd, 2009, 11:22 pm

I'm good up to about 1 week past the expiration date
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:34 pm

wilson wrote:
wilson wrote:Well, I stand corrected. On a whim, I decided to check the fridge to see if there was any milk in there. I had just assumed that, fresh off a weekend away, we wouldn't have any (and remember, I've been gone for a month). Turns out we did have milk, so now I'm back in bed with a nice, tall, cold glass. :D
Incidentally, what are y'all's feelings on food expiration dates? This milk is a couple of days past the date stamped on the jug, but it smells and tastes totally fine. Generally, with milk, I'm cool with it as long as it passes the smell test. Other foods, I pretty much don't care what the date says as long as they're not furry or, in the case of stuff like chips or crackers or cereal, obviously stale.
I go more with the smell/look issue - but am much more particular if I'm serving it to someone else. Willing to take some chances myself but not with others.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:37 pm

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: It was worth a try - thought I might get to meet Wilson in person.
We'll make it happen eventually. I've decided that I'm attending minimum two Brunchgates this fall. One will definitely be the Wake game on Nov. 28, and I'm trying to select the other one strategically, so as to maximize the number of crazitalkers I'll get to meet.
You gonna make it to any of them?
I hope to make it to one - but have conflicts on several dates already. I have tickets to see the team play KU (thanks, Ozzie!) and now have a training session I should attend that day. I'm going to put football first - I have paid for the tickets and invited people to go.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:37 pm

I'm glad you found some milk - and that it was still palatable.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:41 pm

I only need 8 more posts to get to 400. Can I do it before I sign off for bed tonight?
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:43 pm

Now it is only 7, make that 6 posts. Wilson, did your sweet mother get over the flurry of messages/calls from last weekend?
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 2nd, 2009, 11:44 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Now it is only 7, make that 6 posts. Wilson, did your sweet mother get over the flurry of messages/calls from last weekend?
Yes, but we are both still waiting for an explanation as to how in the world y'all dug up her number.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 2nd, 2009, 11:52 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:
I go more with the smell/look issue - but am much more particular if I'm serving it to someone else. Willing to take some chances myself but not with others.
If you get some bacteria while trying out some expired milk, I have some leftover medicine from this trip. Be my guest, and have some. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:52 pm

wilson wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Now it is only 7, make that 6 posts. Wilson, did your sweet mother get over the flurry of messages/calls from last weekend?
Yes, but we are both still waiting for an explanation as to how in the world y'all dug up her number.

Women have their ways. She was very pleasant on the phone when I spoke to her. I was amazed that she would actually give us your cell phone #. Tell her thanks for us.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » August 2nd, 2009, 11:54 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
If you get some bacteria while trying out some expired milk, I have some leftover medicine from this trip. Be my guest, and have some. ;)
Milk turns pretty close to the expiration date to my taste buds. Although I haven't had any that tasted as bad as my first glass in Tokyo. I was not expecting my milk to taste like fish.
Life is good!