Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 30th, 2009, 8:52 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
colchar wrote: Many people don't pronounce their names phonetically at all. Maybe we should have a vote! ;)

%%-
It is spelled
K R Z Y Z E W S K I
... just like it sounds :lol: NOT!
=)) =)) =)) :)) :)) =)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 30th, 2009, 9:01 am

I have a question. I think you can do this over on DBR, but I never figured out how. I feel kind of bad about some of my PW-ing habits. I'll come on LTE 2.0 over here in the morning, and there will be 20 new posts. I want to respond to three of them, which are on totally unrelated topics. So I hit "QUOTE" and I have to respond to each separately. Anyway, is there any way to "QUOTE" multiple unrelated posts without having to open two windows and go through and copy and paste EACH one, then put in the "QUOTE" brackets for each one, etc.? Is there a "multiquote" option over here? I might still try to do it, but it's a HUGE was of time and effort to multi-quote by hand if there's a button I can just hit.

Thanks.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 30th, 2009, 9:06 am

"Coal-Char" I am the Beach Babe who has been misprounancing your name. I called you "Coal-Car".

Oh, I don't remember what we what we said about you, I was drunk.
I worship the Blue Devil!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 30th, 2009, 9:09 am

bjornolf wrote:I have a question. I think you can do this over on DBR, but I never figured out how. I feel kind of bad about some of my PW-ing habits. I'll come on LTE 2.0 over here in the morning, and there will be 20 new posts. I want to respond to three of them, which are on totally unrelated topics. So I hit "QUOTE" and I have to respond to each separately. Anyway, is there any way to "QUOTE" multiple unrelated posts without having to open two windows and go through and copy and paste EACH one, then put in the "QUOTE" brackets for each one, etc.? Is there a "multiquote" option over here? I might still try to do it, but it's a HUGE was of time and effort to multi-quote by hand if there's a button I can just hit.

Thanks.

%%-
There is a lesson in the Quote thread. Basically, quote the first one and hit reply. Go below the screen where you type your response and click on the quotes of the others that you want to include - you will have to hit expand view to get more than the last post to show.

Good luck.
Life is good!
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » July 30th, 2009, 9:19 am

wilson wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Claudell "Cocaine" Washington, one of my all-time, least favorite Braves.
How about Oddibe "Young Again" McDowell?
I thought I was the only one that made that joke. He played for the Texas Rangers during my time in Dallas.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » July 30th, 2009, 9:21 am

colchar, I've been saying it right (in my head). And if you make up a word, I say you get to make up the pronunciation too. Coal-char it is! Unless you want to change it. But I've been saying Coal-char so long it will be hard for me.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » July 30th, 2009, 9:23 am

wilson, despite my efforts to get all crazietalkers to root against you in Scrabble, I'm a bit more of a Braves fan lately because of you. When I see that they have won on SportsCenter, I think of you.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 30th, 2009, 9:39 am

Bostondevil wrote:wilson, despite my efforts to get all crazietalkers to root against you in Scrabble, I'm a bit more of a Braves fan lately because of you. When I see that they have won on SportsCenter, I think of you.
Awww, well that puts a song in my heart.
I love the Braves exactly as much as I love the Blue Devils. And that's a lot, because frankly, I love both of them way too much.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » July 30th, 2009, 10:42 am

Bostondevil wrote:I thought I was the only one that made that joke. He played for the Texas Rangers during my time in Dallas.
Just to clarify, I was talking about Oddibe "Young Again" McDowell.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 30th, 2009, 11:14 am

DukieInKansas wrote: Apparently! Although it has been a long time since I have been durnk. I'm not sure how I got here. :-\

Are you sure you weren't drunk when you posted this (check the spelling in your post)?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 30th, 2009, 11:14 am

bjornolf wrote:
colchar wrote:You are correct. And the first syllable in Colin is pronounced like 'call' so that part doesn't make sense either. It was a combination of our names but my explanation really sucked. My bad. Anyway, it is pronounced like coal and char. Actually, now that I think of it, maybe I'm not pronouncing it correctly...
That's how I always pronounced it in my head. "Coal-Char" is the correct phonetic pronunciation. However, if you made it from Collin and Charlotte, you could pronounce it "Call-Shar" if you wanted to. Kind of makes sense that way, actually, considering. Many people don't pronounce their names phonetically at all. Maybe we should have a vote! ;)

%%-

For the record, it is spelled Colin.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » July 30th, 2009, 11:18 am

colchar wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: Apparently! Although it has been a long time since I have been durnk. I'm not sure how I got here. :-\

Are you sure you weren't drunk when you posted this (check the spelling in your post)?

Already addressed. Are you sure you weren't too durnk to catch it?
DukieInKansas wrote:
Sue71 wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
I didn't have alcohol on the beach - only at dinner and in the house. Therefore, no durnk on the beach. ;)
How about now? 8-|
Apparently! Although it has been a long time since I have been durnk. I'm not sure how I got here. :-\
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » July 30th, 2009, 11:20 am

colchar wrote:
bjornolf wrote:
colchar wrote:You are correct. And the first syllable in Colin is pronounced like 'call' so that part doesn't make sense either. It was a combination of our names but my explanation really sucked. My bad. Anyway, it is pronounced like coal and char. Actually, now that I think of it, maybe I'm not pronouncing it correctly...
That's how I always pronounced it in my head. "Coal-Char" is the correct phonetic pronunciation. However, if you made it from Collin and Charlotte, you could pronounce it "Call-Shar" if you wanted to. Kind of makes sense that way, actually, considering. Many people don't pronounce their names phonetically at all. Maybe we should have a vote! ;)

%%-

For the record, it is spelled Colin.
And, I'm glad it's pronounced the "correct" way. (Call-un)
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » July 30th, 2009, 11:47 am

I was way off on Lavabe. "La-vaybe" - glad you pointed out that it's "La-va-bay" :D

Got Colchar right.

So how many different pronunciations are there for DukeUsul?
-- DukeUsul
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » July 30th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Anybody unclear on Bostondevil or BD? :p
DukeUsul

Post by DukeUsul » July 30th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Anybody unclear on Bostondevil or BD? :p
Anyone who uses the ridiculously awful and incorrect Cliff Clavin BaaaaahstahnDevil should be resoundingly beaten with canes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
-- DukeUsul
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 30th, 2009, 12:31 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Anybody unclear on Bostondevil or BD? :p
Anyone who uses the ridiculously awful and incorrect Cliff Clavin BaaaaahstahnDevil should be resoundingly beaten with canes. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You talking about Raleigh Hurricanes? We've already done that!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 30th, 2009, 12:34 pm

DukeUsul wrote:So how many different pronunciations are there for DukeUsul?
In my brain, which I have already proven is on a different wavelength, I prounounce your name Duke-you-sul(like hull). Make sense? Am I close?
I worship the Blue Devil!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 30th, 2009, 12:39 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
And, I'm glad it's pronounced the "correct" way. (Call-un)
Actually, it is pronounced Call-in.

And it absolutely infuriates me that people pronounce it the way Colin Powell does. Just because Powell's grandmother couldn't pronounce it correctly (the reason he pronounces it differently) doesn't make her pronunciation correct. And other people, whose names were always pronounced the correct way, now have to put up with the incorrect pronunciation. It is a very old and popular Scottish name - just because one famous idiot pronounces it differently doesn't mean that is the correct pronunciation. Fuck that pisses me off.

Alright, mini-rant over. I now return you to your regularly scheduled PWing.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 30th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Sue71 wrote:

Already addressed. Are you sure you weren't too durnk to catch it?

Drunk? No. Hungover? Yes.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------