NASCAR 2009

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by YmoBeThere » July 24th, 2009, 9:51 pm

Maybe Gordon? I dunno, but its probably too late...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 24th, 2009, 10:00 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Maybe Gordon? I dunno, but its probably too late...
Nice... Gordon is an A lister. As for Smoke's B list alternatives, there is always Jamie Mac. ;)

Any word on how Gordon is doing with his back issues? I'm thinking he just hasn't done that well since he announced his back issues.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 25th, 2009, 5:26 pm

Smoke as a B-lister ought to be a crime...I do have JPM available and he is starting from the second spot. Interesting top of the grid, with MM on the poll and Awesome Bill from Dawsonville on the outside of the second row. A good qualifying effort by Jr. has him in the 3rd spot.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2009, 5:30 pm

I've got Montoya starting 2nd, Kahne starting 8th, Ambrose starting 11th, and Gordon starting 22nd. Disappointed in Gordon but happy with the rest of them.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2009, 11:12 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Smoke as a B-lister ought to be a crime...
Gee... can I frame this quote? You say this now after rising to the top of the leaderboard by using ALL of your Smoke selections. :ymapplause: #-o :^o 3:-O b-( :-j

The SHAME of it, Ymo. ~x( 8-} :D

I'm just waiting for what you'll do when it comes time for Watkins Glen, and you have NO more Smoke. I guess it'll be JPM and ... Joey Frickin' Logano? :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :)) :)) =)) =))
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2009, 11:24 pm

colchar wrote:I've got Montoya starting 2nd, Kahne starting 8th, Ambrose starting 11th, and Gordon starting 22nd. Disappointed in Gordon but happy with the rest of them.
I'm with you on JPM, and I have Smoke and Reed starting near Kahne. I too have Gordon, and am not bothered by his position. At the Brickyard, he has a history of starting in the middle, but finishing in the top ten.

Mark Martin on the pole? What else is new? I think maybe I should choose him for my A-list 2nd driver for the remaining non short tracks this season, just for the starting position points.

I just hope that we don't have a repeat performance of last year. What was it ... 30 competition yellows? Tires disintegrating in 8 laps? Oddly enough, Smoke has been praising Goodyear all week long, from what I'm reading.

Here's hoping for a good race.
Cheers,
Lavabe
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 26th, 2009, 7:34 am

Blech Busch won last year's event at the Glen, Mark Martin has 3 wins and Jeff Gordon 4.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 26th, 2009, 12:15 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Blech Busch won last year's event at the Glen, Mark Martin has 3 wins and Jeff Gordon 4.
Well that takes care of the A list drivers. As per my earlier comment, it will be interesting to see what you do with your B list, sans Smoke.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 26th, 2009, 2:03 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Blech Busch won last year's event at the Glen, Mark Martin has 3 wins and Jeff Gordon 4.
Well that takes care of the A list drivers. As per my earlier comment, it will be interesting to see what you do with your B list, sans Smoke.

Find a new religion?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 26th, 2009, 2:21 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

Find a new religion?
I can see it now ... Ymo bowing to the deity that IS Joey Frickin' Lagano. :)) =)) :)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 26th, 2009, 4:24 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
Find a new religion?
I can see it now ... Ymo bowing to the deity that IS Joey Frickin' Lagano. :)) =)) :)) =)) :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

Only if he takes out Tony every chance he gets...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 26th, 2009, 4:31 pm

Taking out Smoke is like taking out 1960's pitchers like Bob Gibson and Don Drysdaile. Do so once and you'll pay for the rest of your life.

Before I go to bed, things are looking pretty nice so far after 99 laps: running 1, 5, 8, and 12 (the top C lister). And if I actually did the unthinkable, choosing Vickers from my reserve over Smoke, that 5 would be a 3. Of course, if I had chosen Logano from my reserve over Smoke, that 5 would be a 20 or so... and Ymo would have to partake in a new religion.

Time for Mr. Gordon to move up the standings a little.

Night all!
Lavabe
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 26th, 2009, 6:43 pm

Did anybody else hear them say that TH was the grand marshall at Indianapolis today? They said he was gonna give the command, but he didn't. He ended up waving the green flag. If they hadn't gotten confused, I wouldn't have had to hear his name. Ah, well. it got Brad Daugherty excited, anyway. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 26th, 2009, 9:35 pm

bjornolf wrote:Did anybody else hear them say that TH was the grand marshall at Indianapolis today? They said he was gonna give the command, but he didn't. He ended up waving the green flag. If they hadn't gotten confused, I wouldn't have had to hear his name. Ah, well. it got Brad Daugherty excited, anyway. ;)

%%-
TH?? Thomas Hill? No wonder it got Brad Daugherty excited! :D :D
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 26th, 2009, 9:38 pm

New standings at the top of the overall leaderboard.

On to Pocono, the last race that I'll have to pick while I'm abroad.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 26th, 2009, 10:21 pm

Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Did anybody else hear them say that TH was the grand marshall at Indianapolis today? They said he was gonna give the command, but he didn't. He ended up waving the green flag. If they hadn't gotten confused, I wouldn't have had to hear his name. Ah, well. it got Brad Daugherty excited, anyway. ;)

%%-
Um, no, sorry. That would be Tyler Hansbrough, recent first round draft pick for your Indiana Pacers. Why do you think I was ticked about having to hear him mentioned. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 29th, 2009, 4:01 am

bjornolf wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

%%-
Um, no, sorry. That would be Tyler Hansbrough, recent first round draft pick for your Indiana Pacers. Why do you think I was ticked about having to hear him mentioned. ;)

%%-
I wonder how Beaker traveled there. :ymdevil:
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » July 29th, 2009, 8:18 am

Lavabe wrote:
I wonder how Beaker traveled there. :ymdevil:
The same way he traveled for four years.
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 30th, 2009, 1:10 pm

It's time for the weekly reminder to Ymo:
Why aren't you picking Smoke this week?

I'm picking Smoke again this week on the B-list. What are you up to, Ymo? Going to try JFL? ;)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 1st, 2009, 3:52 am

Rainout for qualifying, so it's Cup standings as qualifying positions. The only shakeups will be if there are any crashes in Saturday practice. Right now, my picks are starting 1, 2, 8, and 26 (#2 C lister, Reed).

And I KNOW that colchar&Ymo won't have picks starting #1. ;)

Boogety boogety boogety! Let's go racin', boys! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: