LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by cl15876 » July 24th, 2009, 8:46 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:My computer took a big fat dump on me yesterday, I can't get it stay up and running for longer than a minute. It's the motherboard, bad capacitors. I was gonna go buy one this weekend, but I'm gonna suffer and live on my laptop for the next two weeks. Aug 7-9 is the tax free weekend, so it's too close just not to wait and buy it then.
Dirtyratchetfratchetsombitchbastarddamnpaininmyassfuggin computer!!!!
Uh oh, ... sounds like external drive TB backup in order! My sister just purchased a PINK laptop, THIS COULD BE AN INSPIRATION.. (not needed), but JUST SAYING! :D :(
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 24th, 2009, 9:34 pm

cl15876 wrote: Uh oh, ... sounds like external drive TB backup in order! My sister just purchased a PINK laptop, THIS COULD BE AN INSPIRATION.. (not needed), but JUST SAYING! :D :(
I have a USB adapter that I have my drive hooked up to, so at least I have access to all of my pictures. That's what I need most. As far as the pink laptop goes...ummm, no. :ymsick:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 24th, 2009, 9:48 pm

Pink laptop? It might as well be that really really crappy shade of blue
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » July 24th, 2009, 9:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
cl15876 wrote: Uh oh, ... sounds like external drive TB backup in order! My sister just purchased a PINK laptop, THIS COULD BE AN INSPIRATION.. (not needed), but JUST SAYING! :D :(
I have a USB adapter that I have my drive hooked up to, so at least I have access to all of my pictures. That's what I need most. As far as the pink laptop goes...ummm, no. :ymsick:
YmoBeThere wrote:Pink laptop? It might as well be that really really crappy shade of blue
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 25th, 2009, 3:14 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:My computer took a big fat dump on me yesterday, I can't get it stay up and running for longer than a minute. It's the motherboard, bad capacitors. I was gonna go buy one this weekend, but I'm gonna suffer and live on my laptop for the next two weeks. Aug 7-9 is the tax free weekend, so it's too close just not to wait and buy it then.
Dirtyratchetfratchetsombitchbastarddamnpaininmyassfuggin computer!!!!

Sorry to hear that but your post reminded me that my desktop is ready to be picked up from the shop so I really should get around to grabbing it at some point this week.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 25th, 2009, 5:42 am

Good morning! I'm going back to bed now. (-|
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 25th, 2009, 7:22 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I've lost the email, though, so I can't forward it.
Good thing your Blackberry wasn't in charge of Apollo 11.
Should have used an iPhone. There's probably an app for that [moon landing] now.
=)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 25th, 2009, 7:29 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Bring on the list - I need the exercise. Ready to shin kick on demand.
Me, three!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 25th, 2009, 7:35 am

Sue71 wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I'm hungry.

Sue71, how are you feeling?

Thanks for asking.

Sad. Crappy.

Now back to your regularly scheduled funfest.
Vibes to you Sue. Hope all is better soon.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 25th, 2009, 7:56 am

Ooohh, wonder if bjornolf is outta town and internet/compute range for the weekend...

I am seeing that gazelle on the horizon...

again...
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

I'm ba-ack!

Post by ArkieDukie » July 25th, 2009, 8:01 am

Hi, all! I missed you! Devildeac, hope you're still cruising along on the road to recovery! Sue, hope all is better! Sending strong vibes to both of you! Also, a great big shout-out to the beach crew. Wish I could've been there. Bjornolf, nice pics of the kids. Used to live within a few miles of Natural Bridge and never went there. Guess that can be an excuse to go back to Lexington for a visit. Oz, healing vibes to the electronics in your household. Should've done this all as separate posts. I'll never catch up with the PWs at this rate!

Work has been insanely crazy for the past couple of weeks. We had a big site visit this week from the big guns who provide part of the funding for our lab. I wasn't directly involved, but I had to gather lots of data for my boss. Translation: I'd spend several hours on something, then he'd decide he needed it done slightly differently. Repeat ad nauseum for a week. I even missed my 25 yr hs reunion. As an added bonus, a co-worker took a 4-day weekend and all the instruments went down (partially because this colleage doesn't really care and is perfectly happy to leave things half done). So, I was trying to keep up my normal work, get the instruments back online, and get stuff ready for the site visit. All this adds up to no days off since the 4th of July weekend. I took yesterday off from work to run the errands that I haven't been able to run, but also to rest. Also a bit of a mental health break - I'm getting closer to totally going off on the coworker (same one as above) who creates extra work for me by not giving a rat's a$$ about getting things done. In fact, this person left early on Thursday (between 3 and 3:30), and I discovered on my way out at 5:00 that one of the instruments stopped at 2:30. I was there until 6:00 getting it running again. As an added bonus, I got caught in a torrential downpour on my way home and got completely drenched. Good thing I didn't work yesterday - being tired makes my fuse VERY short. Here's to a weekend of rest!
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 25th, 2009, 8:04 am

AD - I hope things settle down soon. Do you want the shin kickers to take care of your co-worker? Or is that co-nonworker? Co-halfworker?
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 25th, 2009, 8:10 am

DukieInKansas wrote:AD - I hope things settle down soon. Do you want the shin kickers to take care of your co-worker? Or is that co-nonworker? Co-halfworker?
Thanks - lots of shin kicks would be in order! Nice enough person, lousy work ethic.

How's the beach?
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 25th, 2009, 8:16 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:AD - I hope things settle down soon. Do you want the shin kickers to take care of your co-worker? Or is that co-nonworker? Co-halfworker?
Thanks - lots of shin kicks would be in order! Nice enough person, lousy work ethic.

How's the beach?
Having a great time - but could stand a few more members of the shin kickers. You and Sue would be great additions.

Storm came through shortly after Tilly & I arrived, so we sat on the porch and had some wine, cheese, crackers, salami, and fruit. Woke up to beautiful sunshine this am, so should get to see the actual beach today.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 25th, 2009, 8:17 am

Oh - and shinkicks are being sent the co-nonworker's way.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 25th, 2009, 8:22 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Oh - and shinkicks are being sent the co-nonworker's way.
Thanks loads. If anything happens this weekend, it's on her. I'm not going to work. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 25th, 2009, 8:23 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

How's the beach?
Having a great time - but could stand a few more members of the shin kickers. You and Sue would be great additions.

Storm came through shortly after Tilly & I arrived, so we sat on the porch and had some wine, cheese, crackers, salami, and fruit. Woke up to beautiful sunshine this am, so should get to see the actual beach today.
Sounds like a fun time!

Storms have been rolling through here this morning, but it looks like they're on the way out. Sure hope so - I'm going to the zoo with some friends today. Maybe we'll get to visit the lemurs.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2009, 8:33 am

Is anyone else experiencing massive troubles with facebook today? Or is it just a poor connection from over here?
Thanks,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 25th, 2009, 8:35 am

Lavabe wrote:Is anyone else experiencing massive troubles with facebook today? Or is it just a poor connection from over here?
Thanks,
Lavabe
What is this facebook of which you speak?
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 25th, 2009, 8:43 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Is anyone else experiencing massive troubles with facebook today? Or is it just a poor connection from over here?
Thanks,
Lavabe
What is this facebook of which you speak?
It's where I am posting all my photos from the field.

Would you please kick some shins at Facebook for me? O:-)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.