LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2009, 9:17 am

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:How 'bout you, Ozzie, since you're the only other one here. Wanna help me draft back into the lead? I'll start off. How's life? What are you gonna do today?

%%-
I'm waiting for
A) An overnight UPS delivery that I must sign for (my new Vonage box)
B) The Sears applicance service man to fix my refrigerator's water dispenser switch - it is an intermittent problem so without a doubt it will work fine when he gets here. I can't believe they give me a window of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jeeze, can't they narrow it down a litter better than that? Even the cable company gives you a 3 our window.
C) Another service man, but he's waiting on delivery of over night parts too, so I won't see him until this afternoon.
D) All of the above.

As far as drafting, I prefer to sit back and watch you and DD slug it out! :))
Spoken like a true friend and fellow '76 grad and old time Crazy... :D
You're lucky you HAVE people willing to help you out. I feel like I'm at a disadvantage here. The only guy that's on when I'm on is your neighbor, so of course he wouldn't help me. You, on the other hand, have lovely ladies just lining up to help you. I'm half expecting a catfight to break out over who gets to "draft" with you. So that's what the kids are calling it these days. ;)

Bjornoff - Father of my adopted nephews and niece: If I could think of anything to say, I'd draft with you.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2009, 9:18 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Bjornoff - Father of my adopted nephews and niece: If I could think of anything to say, I'd draft with you.

Oh, wait. That's not a necessity when posting, is it? :D
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 22nd, 2009, 9:22 am

Absolutely not. See, you just bought me a post right there. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 22nd, 2009, 9:24 am

I noticed you saying the Barn is a little expensive for you right now. It's not THAT expensive (NOTHING compared to something like a Ruth's Chris), but I certainly understand the sentiment. I'm feeling the pinch, too. Let me just say, if you don't do it THIS trip, you've GOT to go someday. Make it a point. It's an experience, believe me.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2009, 9:30 am

bjornolf wrote:I noticed you saying the Barn is a little expensive for you right now. It's not THAT expensive (NOTHING compared to something like a Ruth's Chris), but I certainly understand the sentiment. I'm feeling the pinch, too. Let me just say, if you don't do it THIS trip, you've GOT to go someday. Make it a point. It's an experience, believe me.

%%-
Compared to Ruth's Chris or Sullivan's (another upscale a la carte steak house in Raleigh), The Barn is a bargain - crocks of fabulous cheddar cheese, crackers and pickles are complimentary, and dinner includes salad and a side dish (or no salad and two sides), all for the price of just the steak at Ruth's. And the food and atmosphere are MUCH better at the Barn! Most steak dinners are in the $30 to $40 range. Alcohol can run the bill up a bit ;)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 22nd, 2009, 9:39 am

You know why Ruth's Chris is called that? I wondered years ago when I saw the one in DC. Found out Ruth bought it from Chris.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 22nd, 2009, 9:42 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:You know why Ruth's Chris is called that? I wondered years ago when I saw the one in DC. Found out Ruth bought it from Chris.
Yea, the whole story is on their website. I think it was originally in Chicago, but I could be wrong on that.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2009, 9:55 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I noticed you saying the Barn is a little expensive for you right now. It's not THAT expensive (NOTHING compared to something like a Ruth's Chris), but I certainly understand the sentiment. I'm feeling the pinch, too. Let me just say, if you don't do it THIS trip, you've GOT to go someday. Make it a point. It's an experience, believe me.

%%-
Compared to Ruth's Chris or Sullivan's (another upscale a la carte steak house in Raleigh), The Barn is a bargain - crocks of fabulous cheddar cheese, crackers and pickles are complimentary, and dinner includes salad and a side dish (or no salad and two sides), all for the price of just the steak at Ruth's. And the food and atmosphere are MUCH better at the Barn! Most steak dinners are in the $30 to $40 range. Alcohol can run the bill up a bit ;)
I've never been to Ruth's Chris either. I don't like a la carte restaurants. When I pay $30 for a steak, I expect a salad and a baked potato.
Life is good!
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » July 22nd, 2009, 11:26 am

DukieInKansas wrote: I've never been to Ruth's Chris either. I don't like a la carte restaurants. When I pay $30 for a steak, I expect a salad and a baked potato.
Find a way to eat there and file it as a business expense. :-D
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » July 22nd, 2009, 11:36 am

sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 22nd, 2009, 11:57 am

Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Sue71 » July 22nd, 2009, 12:02 pm

bjornolf wrote:Sue never lets us have any fun. She shut down Hancock's thread before we could throw some good-natured barbs at him. Jeez, mom, I mean Sue! ;)

%%-

Back up, Jack. All I did was post in the thread. I didn't shut anything down.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » July 22nd, 2009, 12:03 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Sue never lets us have any fun. She shut down Hancock's thread before we could throw some good-natured barbs at him. Jeez, mom, I mean Sue! ;)

%%-
I take blame for that action. :ymdevil: Even a little bit of reading would have shown there was an LTE.
Whoops... spoke a little soon. Thanks, CB&B.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 22nd, 2009, 12:33 pm

%%-
Could you please just let the whole Angus Barn thing go? Three of us commented that it is a little to pricey for us at the moment. Unless we can send you the bill. ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2009, 12:37 pm

Way cool. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Way cool indeed! :D

Sue71

Post by Sue71 » July 22nd, 2009, 12:46 pm

I decided I'm staying home sick today. Because, well, I am. I'm missing a staff meeting & some other stuff. Oh well.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 22nd, 2009, 12:47 pm

Sue71 wrote:I decided I'm staying home sick today. Because, well, I am. I'm missing a staff meeting & some other stuff. Oh well.
Vibes and hugs that you are feeling better soon.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 22nd, 2009, 1:56 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Way cool. :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Way cool indeed! :D
That was really cool. I wonder if they REALLY did the Mona Lisa and the first one with the giant walking sheep, or was that "aided" a little by CGI.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 22nd, 2009, 1:58 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

%%-
Could you please just let the whole Angus Barn thing go? Three of us commented that it is a little to pricey for us at the moment. Unless we can send you the bill. ;)
No, no, I get it. Heck, I'm not even going to be there. I was just saying to DinK if you guys DON'T go this time, don't give up on it and put it on the list for a future trip, cause it's worth it. Sorry, I wasn't trying to force you to go there this trip. I was just trying to make sure that DinK didn't ignore it on potential future trips. BTW, since Tilly so kindly re-opened the door (thanks, Tilly ;) ), I'll just say that while AB DOES have good steaks, don't think of it as JUST a steakhouse, DinK. I know that Kansas is beef country. But, the AB also has really good seafood and chicken dishes, so don't let it get pigeon-holed in your mind. It's really NOT a steakhouse, it's just a really good restaurant that happens to know how to grill a cow. ;) The ambiance and atmosphere and decor are also amazing and should be seen. One of the coolest thing is the giant wall of old fashioned firearms. The Wild Turkey Lounge also mixes some great drinks. ;) My wife and I have enjoyed them a few times.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2009, 3:56 pm

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:

%%-
No, no, I get it. Heck, I'm not even going to be there. I was just saying to DinK if you guys DON'T go this time, don't give up on it and put it on the list for a future trip, cause it's worth it. Sorry, I wasn't trying to force you to go there this trip. I was just trying to make sure that DinK didn't ignore it on potential future trips. BTW, since Tilly so kindly re-opened the door (thanks, Tilly ;) ), I'll just say that while AB DOES have good steaks, don't think of it as JUST a steakhouse, DinK. I know that Kansas is beef country. But, the AB also has really good seafood and chicken dishes, so don't let it get pigeon-holed in your mind. It's really NOT a steakhouse, it's just a really good restaurant that happens to know how to grill a cow. ;) The ambiance and atmosphere and decor are also amazing and should be seen. One of the coolest thing is the giant wall of old fashioned firearms. The Wild Turkey Lounge also mixes some great drinks. ;) My wife and I have enjoyed them a few times.

%%-
All true, and they have one of the finest wine cellars around anywhere, too! I got a tour the last time I went there (in March).