Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Post by CathyCA » January 21st, 2013, 9:11 am

Good morning!

Happy MLK Day! Happy Inauguration Day!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » January 21st, 2013, 9:15 am

Harumph. I have the day off, but I was awake for most of the night with an earache.

You should come visit me, ID. Temperatures are supposed to be in the low 60s.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 21st, 2013, 9:21 am

IowaDevil wrote:Good morning from the deep freeze....2-below actual temp, minus 25 wind chill and not a lot of hope for making it to 9f! Yikes I love winter but this is for polar bears not humans! :(
BoooooChilly, as a former local sports guy used to say! Better you than me, not that I wish this weather on you. I spent a frigid 5 days in Minneapolis several February's ago, and the daytime temp never got over 7F :( :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 21st, 2013, 11:30 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:Good morning from the deep freeze....2-below actual temp, minus 25 wind chill and not a lot of hope for making it to 9f! Yikes I love winter but this is for polar bears not humans! :(
BoooooChilly, as a former local sports guy used to say! Better you than me, not that I wish this weather on you. I spent a frigid 5 days in Minneapolis several February's ago, and the daytime temp never got over 7F :( :9f:

Old Ref headed to Thief River Falls MN where actual temp is currently -21 and predicted to be -28 before the night is over with a high of -10 for tomorrow! Funny but it was in the high 50's just a few days ago!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 21st, 2013, 11:32 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Harumph. I have the day off, but I was awake for most of the night with an earache.

You should come visit me, ID. Temperatures are supposed to be in the low 60s.
Thanks! Am on my way! :D
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 22nd, 2013, 7:38 am

Good morning. Brrrr! ~O)

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 22nd, 2013, 7:55 am

Good morning!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 22nd, 2013, 8:53 am

Harrumph.

Grand jury all day. Chipslate will be here at 9, Tigerdevil at 2 with the public defender cases. Tigerdevil and I will count neck tattoos. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 22nd, 2013, 9:20 am

Good morning! ~O) ~O) (2 cup minimum required to just to warm up!)
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 22nd, 2013, 9:20 am

Good morning! ~O) ~O) (2 cup minimum required to just to warm up!)
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 22nd, 2013, 9:22 am

Good morning! ~O) ~O) (2-cups required to just warm up! Brrr!)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 22nd, 2013, 9:45 am

FEggggg gglkjnipuhoiul ruth sue47j5jiejir 9fffffffff :ymparty: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :9f: :alien: :mrgreen: :wizard:

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 22nd, 2013, 10:10 am

I am having a better morning than the Duke women's team.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 22nd, 2013, 11:54 am

Good Morning (barely)

Just got back from Surgery Center...Mr Windsor had a colonoscopy yesterday and a hernia repair today...one more procedure and he gets a free upper GI. :)) :)) He is a giant baby. I am playing nurse. This is bad thing. When I was considering medicine as a career path my interest was surgery...I want my patients sedated and unresponsive. :asleep: My bedside manner is : "I've birthed a baby with no drugs, and busted every bone from my collarbone to my pelvis (inclusive) in car accident. THATS pain. Suck it up. "
I ask my cardiologist if he ever told a patient to 'get your fat ass out of the recliner, put down the pork rinds and fried chicken, take a walk and eat a freakin' vegetable.' He has not. He has been tempted. I would have. It is good I am not in his line of work.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 22nd, 2013, 12:57 pm

windsor wrote:Good Morning (barely)

Just got back from Surgery Center...Mr Windsor had a colonoscopy yesterday and a hernia repair today...one more procedure and he gets a free upper GI. :)) :)) He is a giant baby. I am playing nurse. This is bad thing. When I was considering medicine as a career path my interest was surgery...I want my patients sedated and unresponsive. :asleep: My bedside manner is : "I've birthed a baby with no drugs, and busted every bone from my collarbone to my pelvis (inclusive) in car accident. THATS pain. Suck it up. "
I ask my cardiologist if he ever told a patient to 'get your fat ass out of the recliner, put down the pork rinds and fried chicken, take a walk and eat a freakin' vegetable.' He has not. He has been tempted. I would have. It is good I am not in his line of work.
Vibes for Mr. Windsor, and ESPECIALLY for you, Windsor! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

When I was thinking about med school, my interest was forensic medicine. I wanted my patients dead.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 22nd, 2013, 3:25 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:Good Morning (barely)

Vibes for Mr. Windsor, and ESPECIALLY for you, Windsor! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

When I was thinking about med school, my interest was forensic medicine. I wanted my patients dead.... :9f:
When I was thinking about med school, I thought about all of the blood and guts and germs and I opted for a career with less gore. ;)

True story: In my first year torts class, we were discussing the concept of pain and suffering, and how plaintiffs can get compensation for their pain and suffering. The case we were reading dealt with a lady who was dragged in an accident with a bus, and as a result of her injuries, one of her legs was shorter than the other. Our law professor chuckled and said, "Can you imagine this woman being out on a date when she turns to her boyfriend and says, 'Excuse me, I need to drain my sore. . .'"

At that moment, one of my law classmates stood up and said, "I need to get out of here!" He turned to walk toward the door, but before he got there, he passed out on the floor.

Two of my classmates ran over to him immediately, and the professor got very animated and started yelling at everyone, "Leave the room! Everyone go!" So, we all left, including the two classmates who had run over to care for the guy who had passed out.

The next time our class met, the professor told us that he'd never had a student pass out in class before. The guy who passed out said, "Now you know why I didn't go to medical school. You were talking about this lady's injuries and I got woozy."

The professor also chided us for not telling him that the two students who ran over to help our classmate who had passed out were in fact, trained to care for sick people: one was a registered nurse, and the other was an OB/GYN. "Well, you told us all to leave, so we did," said the doctor.

Thus endeth the law school reminiscing. . .

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 23rd, 2013, 6:59 am

Good morning. It's 12 degrees in Efland. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 23rd, 2013, 8:14 am

Good morning, I gotta take a ferry this morning across the river. Brrr.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 23rd, 2013, 8:58 am

Good morning. It's Wednesday! Game day! Beat Miami! ~O)

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 23rd, 2013, 9:08 am

Good morning!

~ James Naismith