Post by wilson » July 12th, 2009, 1:19 am

I mean, seriously.
Awesome:
wacky racer.jpg
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by YmoBeThere » July 12th, 2009, 10:17 am

How fast is a Lake? Not fast enough apparently.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 13th, 2009, 9:26 am

I think Tilly put the hex on both Busch brothers... and Ymo put the hex on me. :-ss

Then again, it was my off week, when I couldn't swap drivers (being in the field, you know). So I was stuck with Biffle (who finished two spots better than Blech), Keselowski (okay, that bandwagon has run its course), and David Ragan.

Ragan, FWIW, finished better than the other two. :((

Back to real picking this week. Oh yeah... the Brickyard. I can use a Tony Stewart pick this week. You up for it, Ymo?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 13th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Lavabe wrote:I think Tilly put the hex on both Busch brothers... and Ymo put the hex on me. :-ss

Then again, it was my off week, when I couldn't swap drivers (being in the field, you know). So I was stuck with Biffle (who finished two spots better than Blech), Keselowski (okay, that bandwagon has run its course), and David Ragan.

Back to real picking this week. Oh yeah... the Brickyard. I can use a Tony Stewart pick this week. You up for it, Ymo?
I don't think there is a race this weekend. I think the Brickyard is in two weeks.

I hate the Buschs. May their cars only turn right.
I worship the Blue Devil!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 13th, 2009, 7:11 pm

Lavabe wrote:I think Tilly put the hex on both Busch brothers... and Ymo put the hex on me. :-ss

Yes, I'll have Smoke in there...or at least available for the race.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 13th, 2009, 7:12 pm

TillyGalore wrote:

I don't think there is a race this weekend. I think the Brickyard is in two weeks.

I hate the Buschs. May their cars only turn right.
Yes, an off weekend this weekend.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 13th, 2009, 7:31 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

Crap, I can't. I used up all my Smoke.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 13th, 2009, 8:55 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

You and me both.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 13th, 2009, 9:22 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:

Yeah, I know. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
And I'll use him again at Watkins Glen. :ymdevil:
And 2-3 other times. :ymdevil:

Of course, you can start relying on Denny Hamlin, who is having a SOLID year. Normally, I'd say Kurt Busch would be another B list driver you could rely on, but as I said, Tilly put the hex on the Busch brothers. :-bd They're as good as finished. :)) =)) =))

You know, you COULD always go with the Juniors, or maybe even David Gililand. #-o #-o :-j :-j
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 15th, 2009, 7:00 pm

Jeremy Mayfield better start looking for a new line of work.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cu ... id=4330367
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 15th, 2009, 7:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Jeremy Mayfield better start looking for a new line of work.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cu ... id=4330367
Hmm...not sure if I used him at all this year.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 16th, 2009, 8:11 am

Wow, testing positive a second time WHILE fighting his suspension. Ouch. :(( And now his stepmother is saying she SAW him use it. Double Ouch! :(( :(( Yipes. You're right. I'll be surprised if he ever races in NASCAR again. Maybe he can go race F-1 with all those nuts that are always talking about Hitler and stuff. They seem wacky enough to give him a shot, no pun intended. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 16th, 2009, 8:43 am

I'm going to hold off judging all this as there are a lot of allegations being through around. I'm not saying I don't think he tested positive, I just want to wait until we have some independent lab results, ordered by the court, and more people saying they saw him use meth. It sounds like there is a lot of he said she said between Mayfield and his step-mother. In fact he is filing a wrongful death suit against her over his father's suicide. No loveloss between those two.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 16th, 2009, 8:50 am

TillyGalore wrote:I'm going to hold off judging all this as there are a lot of allegations being through around. I'm not saying I don't think he tested positive, I just want to wait until we have some independent lab results, ordered by the court, and more people saying they saw him use meth. It sounds like there is a lot of he said she said between Mayfield and his step-mother. In fact he is filing a wrongful death suit against her over his father's suicide. No loveloss between those two.
Oh, absolutely, I agree. I was just repeating something I heard from the "experts" at ESPN and NASCAR Now, saying they'd be surprised if he ever raced in NASCAR again. Whether or not he's guilty, it sounds like he's burning a LOT of bridges over there.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 16th, 2009, 11:00 am

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I'm going to hold off judging all this as there are a lot of allegations being through around. I'm not saying I don't think he tested positive, I just want to wait until we have some independent lab results, ordered by the court, and more people saying they saw him use meth. It sounds like there is a lot of he said she said between Mayfield and his step-mother. In fact he is filing a wrongful death suit against her over his father's suicide. No loveloss between those two.
Oh, absolutely, I agree. I was just repeating something I heard from the "experts" at ESPN and NASCAR Now, saying they'd be surprised if he ever raced in NASCAR again. Whether or not he's guilty, it sounds like he's burning a LOT of bridges over there.

%%-
"Experts" are human too, thus they can be wrong from time to time. I too heard their comments this morning, and cringed. Again, with accusations be tossed out like yesterdays garbage, I'd rather wait until we have independent results and additional witnesses.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 16th, 2009, 11:12 am

Most drug users won't have "credible" witnesses.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 18th, 2009, 2:49 pm

No race this weekend. But then, I think everyone knew that.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 19th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Now they're saying on ESPN that Mayfield had an independent lab tests within hours of the NASCAR administered one that says it was clean despite the bad result on the NASCAR one. Now, ESPN is saying that Mayfield and his attorney are implying that NASCAR spiked his sample. First of all, I have trouble believing a legitimate sports governing body would risk such a thing, though there is the possibility of accidentally contaminated samples. Further, even if they did, it seems a little dangerous to accuse them of it. Like I said, don't want to burn too many bridges if he wants to go back. That's not a smart tack, either. ALIMHO.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 20th, 2009, 9:00 am

bjornolf wrote:Now they're saying on ESPN that Mayfield had an independent lab tests within hours of the NASCAR administered one that says it was clean despite the bad result on the NASCAR one. Now, ESPN is saying that Mayfield and his attorney are implying that NASCAR spiked his sample. First of all, I have trouble believing a legitimate sports governing body would risk such a thing, though there is the possibility of accidentally contaminated samples. Further, even if they did, it seems a little dangerous to accuse them of it. Like I said, don't want to burn too many bridges if he wants to go back. That's not a smart tack, either. ALIMHO.

%%-
I'm pretty sure if NASCAR was planning on humiliating a driver forcing him out of the sport, they wouldn't do it with one who has made them money.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 24th, 2009, 11:20 am

Just a reminder to Ymo that we have a race at the Brickyard coming up. Whom will you pick now that you've used up all your Smoke picks? B-)

And FWIW, Watkins Glen is coming up as well. :D