NASCAR 2009

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: NASCAR 2009

Post by Lavabe » June 24th, 2009, 5:40 am

Lavabe wrote:You actually have to start choosing people like David Reutimann and Joey Frickin' Logano too.
Please note: As a fan of Smoke, my hatred for anyone other than Smoke driving the Home Depot car knows no bounds. Hence, the reason for JFL's middle name in my previous post. My apologies to any of you JGR/JFL fans.

This actually raises another topic... which drivers can't you stand, and why? I mean, are there any drivers you simply WILL NEVER pick in the league, even though you know they may do well?

Note to Tilly: Besides Kyle "Blech" Busch, which drivers can't you stand, and why? ;)

I can safely say that after the beginning of this season, DINGER has moved up on my bad list... just not enough to pass JFL.
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 24th, 2009, 10:11 am

Lavabe wrote: Okay... just a reminder to some of the league folks: if you have used (or are soon going to use up) your allotment of Tony Stewart picks, I feel your pain. We still have Watkins Glen, the Brickyard, Pocono, and about HALF the NASCAR season left. This is why some of us have been choosing zhlubs like CASEY MEARS instead of Tony Stewart every week. You actually have to start choosing people like David Reutimann and Joey Frickin' Logano too. Shoot, you may even have to pick one of the Juniors. :-o :-o :-o

I can't pick Stewart any more. Sucks to be me.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 24th, 2009, 11:13 am

Lavabe wrote:
Lavabe wrote:You actually have to start choosing people like David Reutimann and Joey Frickin' Logano too.
Please note: As a fan of Smoke, my hatred for anyone other than Smoke driving the Home Depot car knows no bounds. Hence, the reason for JFL's middle name in my previous post. My apologies to any of you JGR/JFL fans.

This actually raises another topic... which drivers can't you stand, and why? I mean, are there any drivers you simply WILL NEVER pick in the league, even though you know they may do well?

Note to Tilly: Besides Kyle "Blech" Busch, which drivers can't you stand, and why? ;)

I can safely say that after the beginning of this season, DINGER has moved up on my bad list... just not enough to pass JFL.
Cheers,
Lavabe
There isn't a driver I can't stand as much as Blech Busch. However, I don't like the other busch, Juan Pablo, and JFL. They all come off as arrogant sons of guns.

My favorite driver to see/hear interviewed hands down is Marcos Ambrose. Anyone care to take guess as to why? ;) ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 24th, 2009, 11:25 am

TillyGalore wrote:There isn't a driver I can't stand as much as Blech Busch. However, I don't like the other busch, Juan Pablo, and JFL. They all come off as arrogant sons of guns.

My favorite driver to see/hear interviewed hands down is Marcos Ambrose. Anyone care to take guess as to why? ;) ;) ;)
He has the best accent in all of NASCAR... well, except for the Sacha Baron Cohen character in Talladega Nights. 8-}
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 24th, 2009, 12:02 pm

Lavabe wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:There isn't a driver I can't stand as much as Blech Busch. However, I don't like the other busch, Juan Pablo, and JFL. They all come off as arrogant sons of guns.

He has the best accent in all of NASCAR... well, except for the Sacha Baron Cohen character in Talladega Nights. 8-}

Oh puh-leazzzze! :-j :-j :-j :-j :-j

Marcos's is much better and authentic.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 27th, 2009, 5:54 am

Weather just north of here isn't necessarily conducive to getting races run this weekend. At least uninterrupted.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 28th, 2009, 7:36 am

Kyle Busch won another Nationwide race.

It's cold and rainy(well, misty more than rainy) here north of Boston. Not sure what Loudon is like at the moment. We'll see if they are able to get this one in today. The forecast for tomorrow isn't so hot either.

So, if there is no race, I'll be watching the Brazil - US rematch in the Confederation Cup final.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 28th, 2009, 6:51 pm

There was a race and I still watched soccer.

BTW, Joey Logano won a rain-shortened event. I'll have to check to see how everyone else did.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 1st, 2009, 1:11 pm

JFL wins... which means Tilly's least favorite driver, Kyle Blech Busch, is now due to win next week. Who's the driver Ymo can't stand?
Cheers,
Lavabe
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 1st, 2009, 1:20 pm

Lavabe wrote:Okay... just a reminder to some of the league folks: if you have used (or are soon going to use up) your allotment of Tony Stewart picks, I feel your pain. We still have Watkins Glen, the Brickyard, Pocono, and about HALF the NASCAR season left. This is why some of us have been choosing zhlubs like CASEY MEARS instead of Tony Stewart every week. You actually have to start choosing people like David Reutimann and Joey Frickin' Logano too. Shoot, you may even have to pick one of the Juniors. :-o :-o :-o
Oh MY!! If any of y'all had chosen the picks suggested here, y'all would have cleaned up on the B list drivers. JFL, Reutimann, and MEARS kicked butt, and even Dale Jr raced well.

Now that I think of it, why didn't I heed my own advice? I still won this week in our League, but MAN... I could have REALLY moved up in overall percentile.

I think the bigger question is:
Will NASCAR want to back out of Loudon? That's two years in a row with rain. Perhaps they'll reschedule it?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 5th, 2009, 7:14 am

Lavabe wrote:JFL wins... which means Tilly's least favorite driver, Kyle Blech Busch, is now due to win next week. Who's the driver Ymo can't stand?
Cheers,
Lavabe
The guy who missed this race due to a suspension that was stayed. I missed the ending of the race this week so missed Blech going airborne.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 5th, 2009, 11:12 am

YmoBeThere wrote:
Lavabe wrote:JFL wins... which means Tilly's least favorite driver, Kyle Blech Busch, is now due to win next week. Who's the driver Ymo can't stand?
Cheers,
Lavabe
The guy who missed this race due to a suspension that was stayed. I missed the ending of the race this week so missed Blech going airborne.
It was his own fault. I did look at the replays objectively, he tried to block Smoke but Smoke was already passing him.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 6th, 2009, 4:59 am

I don't know how, but I've somehow managed to maintain my lead over the new second place person, YMO!!

That's right, YMO is in the hunt, after last week's race.

As for my picks last week, Jeff Gordon can rot you know where. My only driver to do reasonably well was ... Vickers.

I am now in the 97th percentile. And this week, I have picked a bunch of people I don't generally pick.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » July 6th, 2009, 2:36 pm

Lavabe wrote:I don't know how, but I've somehow managed to maintain my lead over the new second place person, YMO!!

That's right, YMO is in the hunt, after last week's race.

As for my picks last week, Jeff Gordon can rot you know where. My only driver to do reasonably well was ... Vickers.

I am now in the 97th percentile. And this week, I have picked a bunch of people I don't generally pick.

Yep, I slipped into third after last week's debacle. Hopefully I'll be back in second after this week and will soon be challenging you to regain my top spot.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 7th, 2009, 7:34 am

Man that finish was INSANE! I'm just glad nobody got hurt too bad. Kyle's lucky to walk away from that one. It's NEVER good to take a second hard shot to an already caved in driver side. Joey Logano DRILLED him there at the end. It was kinda cool to watch, knowing in hindsight that he was okay. Often a driver gets one cool hit per wreck. Kyle got turned sideways and caught air, smashed the wall, then got shot up into the air and rode on top of Kahne's car for a while, spun around to hit the wall again, then took the T-Bone shot from Logano. He's DAMN lucky that the COT are so much tougher than the old cars. He probably would have been in the hospital in the old cars, and maybe dead without the HANS device.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 7th, 2009, 8:35 am

How much worse was this than Carl Edwards' Talladega fly-by?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 7th, 2009, 8:37 am

Any word yet on who will be racing in pink this year for Race for the Cure?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 7th, 2009, 8:41 am

colchar wrote:Yep, I slipped into third after last week's debacle. Hopefully I'll be back in second after this week and will soon be challenging you to regain my top spot.
Now that you can't pick Smoke, are you banking on Casey Mears and David Gililand making the Chase? :ymdevil:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 7th, 2009, 8:45 am

Kind of weird seeing the photo of Smoke wearing the Burger King outfit, and driving the Burger King car.

Is anyone else getting annoyed with these start-and-park jobbies in the C-list? I still don't get what they are trying to do. If you start, what's the harm in racing?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 7th, 2009, 8:50 am

The commercial with Smoke switching seats with the King during a race so he can eat his Burger King is pretty hysterical, at least I thought. :))

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage