LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » March 22nd, 2012, 4:48 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:How bizarre.

On April 12, I am prosecuting a man for going to two of the local public schools and walking through the hallways dressed as a cow. No, he doesn't work for Chick-fil-a. He is charged under the old KKK law that makes it illegal in Virginia for an adult to wear a mask in a public place without written permission of the property owner.

And I thought I had seen everything. (Speaking of which, I hope the officer took pictures....)
Isn't there a trespassing law that works better? Or does this law have tougher sentencing options?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 22nd, 2012, 7:41 pm

At some point, shouldn't they purge the books of old and outdated laws? Not suggesting that this may be the case here, but more a general point.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 22nd, 2012, 8:14 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:At some point, shouldn't they purge the books of old and outdated laws? Not suggesting that this may be the case here, but more a general point.
Adults aren't even supposed to wear them on Halloween. I was told it was to help cut down on crime.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 22nd, 2012, 8:24 pm

Miles wrote:I kid you not, I just spent ~20 seconds bobbing and weaving with a male carpenter beer.?
Is there a review in the Ymmm ... Beer thread?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 22nd, 2012, 9:10 pm

CathyCA wrote:

On April 12, I am prosecuting a man for going to two of the local public schools and walking through the hallways dressed as a cow. No, he doesn't work for Chick-fil-a. He is charged under the old KKK law that makes it illegal in Virginia for an adult to wear a mask in a public place without written permission of the property owner.

And I thought I had seen everything. (Speaking of which, I hope the officer took pictures....)
Isn't there a trespassing law that works better? Or does this law have tougher sentencing options?

Not sure why PHB recommended the mask charge. If I he will plead to trespassing, I'm happy to let him do so and drop the felony.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 22nd, 2012, 9:13 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:At some point, shouldn't they purge the books of old and outdated laws? Not suggesting that this may be the case here, but more a general point.
Virginia does, on occasion, purge the books of outdated laws. The Commonwealth doesn't like to because the politicians are old and hidebound, and they tend to think if it was good enough for Thomas Jefferson, it's good enough for us.

There are still pockets of KKK members in the western part of the state. There was a cross burning a few years back.

The other thing the law is supposed to do is keep people from wearing masks when they commit robbery or other crimes of violence. Not that it works.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 22nd, 2012, 9:16 pm

BTW, stepdaughter didn't get the job. The VP she talked to said she didn't have enough experience. (Most entry-level jobs don't expect experience, you dumb ass tarhole.)

She said when she searched him last night on FB, she discovered he was a tarhole.

I told her when she wrote him a thank-you letter, she should add the PS that her stepmother said GTHC. :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 22nd, 2012, 9:31 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:BTW, stepdaughter didn't get the job. The VP she talked to said she didn't have enough experience. (Most entry-level jobs don't expect experience, you dumb ass tarhole.)

She said when she searched him last night on FB, she discovered he was a tarhole.

I told her when she wrote him a thank-you letter, she should add the PS that her stepmother said GTHC. :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
She could also write a thank-you letter that includes 8 Fs and capitalize all of them. :ymdevil: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 22nd, 2012, 9:39 pm

Apparently the law isn't outdated. http://racismdaily.com/2011/03/30/cross ... ilys-yard/. Wow. That was last year. There was another in Caroll County back in 1998.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 22nd, 2012, 9:44 pm

bjornolf wrote:

Apparently the law isn't outdated. http://racismdaily.com/2011/03/30/cross ... ilys-yard/. Wow. That was last year. There was another in Caroll County back in 1998.
The Carroll County case was the one I remembered. It was probably 2005 before it made its way finally through the Virginia court system.

Up beyond our good Captain's dock in Patrick County, it is an unwritten rule that African-Americans leave before nightfall. (Hispanics can stay.)
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 22nd, 2012, 10:07 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Miles wrote:I kid you not, I just spent ~20 seconds bobbing and weaving with a male carpenter beer.
10:00 am and already drinking. :ymsigh:
He fought the beer, and the... beer won! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 22nd, 2012, 10:11 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:BTW, stepdaughter didn't get the job. The VP she talked to said she didn't have enough experience. (Most entry-level jobs don't expect experience, you dumb ass tarhole.)

She could also write a thank-you letter that includes 8 Fs and capitalize all of them. :ymdevil: :9f:
Good idea, but I think 9 F's would have more meaning! Just ask Art Shamsky (or don't!) :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 22nd, 2012, 10:40 pm

She didn't want to work for him anyway. L-)

Next?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 22nd, 2012, 11:23 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

Good idea, but I think 9 F's would have more meaning! Just ask Art Shamsky (or don't!) :9f:
Ugh. That's what I meant to type.
-- Albert Einstein
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 23rd, 2012, 8:31 am

I have found an offensive advantage when fighting for life and property against irritating boorish( a pun) Carpenter Bees.

Badminton rackets!
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » March 23rd, 2012, 9:32 am

That would've been miserable for her! Something better than that will turn up! GTHc GTH 9F
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 23rd, 2012, 11:11 am

CathyCA wrote:

She didn't want to work for him anyway. L-)

Next?

That's what I told her. Today she, her not-boyfriend Nick, and the Rev Lawgrad are landscaping the front yard.

There are other places where she can drop off resumes next week. Lots of furniture options in High Point and its surroundings.

Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 23rd, 2012, 11:20 am

Austin says seeeee ya.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4216
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 23rd, 2012, 12:31 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Austin says seeeee ya.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4216
Buh-bye! Be sure to work on that L hand dribble and layup, in addition to that mid-range pull-up jumper. And your teammates might appreciate you looking around a bit when you have the ball. They are open sometimes.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 23rd, 2012, 12:44 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Austin says seeeee ya.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4216
Buh-bye! Be sure to work on that L hand dribble and layup, in addition to that mid-range pull-up jumper. And your teammates might appreciate you looking around a bit when you have the ball. They are open sometimes.
~X(
At least I won't need my "Dammit, Austin!" hot-key next season.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.