LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by bjornolf » March 15th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Turk wrote: Maybe, maybe not. I remember watching the "Big Cat" prowl around campus and thinking he wasn't exactly the smartest knife in the drawer. Now maybe he's a really nice guy that got caught on a bad day; no telling... More importantly, some of us outgrow our juvenile tendencies, aging like fine wine, rather than turning into fine whiners...
Still, saying that to a kid is rather out of line.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » March 15th, 2012, 9:48 pm

bjornolf wrote:
Turk wrote: Maybe, maybe not. I remember watching the "Big Cat" prowl around campus and thinking he wasn't exactly the smartest knife in the drawer. Now maybe he's a really nice guy that got caught on a bad day; no telling... More importantly, some of us outgrow our juvenile tendencies, aging like fine wine, rather than turning into fine whiners...

@};- @};-
Yeah, true, so is saying "smartest knife in the drawer" when I meant "sharpest"... <sigh> So hard to find a good proofer these days...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
Turk

Post by Turk » March 15th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Turk wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

@};- @};-
Yeah, true, so is saying "smartest knife in the drawer" when I meant "sharpest"... <sigh> So hard to find a good proofer these days...
Oh yeah, he was rocking a stylin' moustache that would make any 14 year old proud; that cracked us up too... So let's just say we were a tad conflicted and let it go at that...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 15th, 2012, 10:05 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Marty Nessley called me. He is working for the Duke Football Office. I invited him to brunch-gate. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
He may be Cathy's friend, but he ain't mine. I will never forget the time that jackass said to me "watch out you little motherfucker" while I was at computer camp at Duke one summer. I don't know what year it was, but I was outside Cameron and had just been stung by a bee, so that added insult to injury. Don't know what I did to bring that on, but whatever it was, that was inexcusable and forever memorable. I bet it was 1984 or 85, I was still a kid. I hope he gets stung by a bee at tailgate.
I'm not sure we'll have enough food to feed Marty. He's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig boy! :9f:
Marty is a good cook. We should enlist his help in grilling burgers or steaks.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 15th, 2012, 10:09 pm

CathyCA wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Marty Nessley called me. He is working for the Duke Football Office. I invited him to brunch-gate. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
He may be Cathy's friend, but he ain't mine. I will never forget the time that jackass said to me "watch out you little motherfucker" while I was at computer camp at Duke one summer. I don't know what year it was, but I was outside Cameron and had just been stung by a bee, so that added insult to injury. Don't know what I did to bring that on, but whatever it was, that was inexcusable and forever memorable. I bet it was 1984 or 85, I was still a kid. I hope he gets stung by a bee at tailgate.
I'm not sure we'll have enough food to feed Marty. He's a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig boy! :9f:

Marty owns a restaurant.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 15th, 2012, 10:14 pm

Turk wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

@};- @};-
I knew what you meant when you referred to the smartest knife in the drawer.

I have Henckels and Chicago Cutlery, but my favorite is a Victorinox knife. :-B

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 15th, 2012, 10:15 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote: Marty owns a restaurant.
Um, not so much any more.

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 15th, 2012, 10:17 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

Marty owns a restaurant.
Just as long as he doesn't foul anyone.

(there's the set-up folks...)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 15th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Marty doesn't foul!!!!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 15th, 2012, 10:37 pm

So, I was at work today and my phone rings. I look at the number and it's a Duke number, and I think, wtf? I answer it and this dude asks for Donna Shelton. I say, "speaking." He says, "this is Marty Nestle. Your mother asked me to call you." I respond, "No shit?!" Anyway, I renewed my season football tickets and made him laugh. I had forgotten about CBAB's ugly encounter with him. He should let CBAB stomp on his toes then make a huge contribution to tailgate. :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 15th, 2012, 10:48 pm

DukePA wrote:So, I was at work today and my phone rings. I look at the number and it's a Duke number, and I think, wtf? I answer it and this dude asks for Donna Shelton. I say, "speaking." He says, "this is Marty Nestle. Your mother asked me to call you." I respond, "No shit?!" Anyway, I renewed my season football tickets and made him laugh. I had forgotten about CBAB's ugly encounter with him. He should let CBAB stomp on his toes then make a huge contribution to tailgate. :9f:

That is so cool.

I wonder if he's going to call my mom. I'll have to tell her to listen out for Marty.

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » March 16th, 2012, 6:06 am

I had no run ins with Marty either today or in the past. I guess I live in a Marty free zone. Well, Marty Clark and I were on campus at the same time.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 16th, 2012, 6:55 am

I also live in a Marty-free zone. Never met the puma. If he shows up at brunchgate, CBAB, offer him some pickled peppers. :flame: :flame:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 16th, 2012, 6:56 am

Worst officiating call of the year award... Syracuse vs. UNC Asheville.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 16th, 2012, 6:57 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I had no run ins with Marty either today or in the past. I guess I live in a Marty free zone. Well, Marty Clark and I were on campus at the same time.
Marty Clark came to our tailgate last year, he happily did not get stung by a bee.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 16th, 2012, 7:01 am

Lavabe wrote:Worst officiating call of the year award... Syracuse vs. UNC Asheville.
Did they have that guy who called a bazillion fouls against State and one against unc, or was the game officiated by his friend Karl Hess?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » March 16th, 2012, 7:25 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Worst officiating call of the year award... Syracuse vs. UNC Asheville.
Did they have that guy who called a bazillion fouls against State and one against unc, or was the game officiated by his friend Karl Hess?
FWIW, perhaps we should have a Karl Hess Officiating thread just for the NCAA tournament.
So far, dude called 43 fouls in the Southern Miss. vs. Kansas State University game. USM had 25 fouls to KSU's 18.

I am surprised that he didn't kick out some of the USM band members for their disgusting chants. The USM president formally apologized for them.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 16th, 2012, 8:01 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
Those gawd-awful calls weren't even foul related. The ref made up his own rule about a lane violation, and then totally missed an out-of-bounds call that happened 2 feet in front of him. Asshats.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 16th, 2012, 8:54 am

I'm at the Dept of Public Safety office, waiting to get a TX driver's license. Anyone else find it humorous that the office is next door to a Budweiser distribution center?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles

Post by Miles » March 16th, 2012, 9:01 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
Those gawd-awful calls weren't even foul related. The ref made up his own rule about a lane violation, and then totally missed an out-of-bounds call that happened 2 feet in front of him. Asshats.
Actually the lane violation was a great call. Rule 9 - Violations and Penalties, Section 1. Free Throw, Art 2. Part G. states: Players not in a legal marked lane space shall remain behind the free- throw line extended and behind the three-point field-goal line until the ball strikes the ring, flange or backboard, or until the free throw ends.

The out of bounds call was horrible.
sMiles