Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Vibes for OzzieDad

Post by CathyCA » March 11th, 2012, 10:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:
Make it three. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
Four! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Fifth! Image
:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 11th, 2012, 11:43 pm

Thanks again to all for the vibing. I'm home, back in Smithfield. We stopped in to see him at 9 a.m. before hitting the road and he was stable,with no obvious change from yesterday and no fever. Tomorrow is the big day - he gets his swallow test, and the results of Saturday's blood cultures should be in. Hopefully he passes the swallow test and can start eating something (pureed), and I think he will based on his taking two teaspoons of apple sauce on Saturday (with medicine in it) on Saturday afternoon with no problem. The alternative is a not good, either a feeding tube or nothing, which is an end of life event, and a choice we'll have to make.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » March 12th, 2012, 9:23 am

So glad to hear Dad is doing so much better and you guys are home safe! Vibes & prayers that he passes the swallow test and he sounds like a very determined Ozzie Dad who will do just that! :YMPRAY: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 12th, 2012, 8:02 pm

He passed his swallow test! My mom fed him soup, milk and apple sauce. And he promptly threw it all up :p They asked why she fed him so much? Duh, because that's what they put on his tray, and nobody told her just to feed him a little bit. He was hungry!

He's resting comfortably now, just spoke with the night nurse, and she'll try to feed him a little bit later tonight.

So this is very good news! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 12th, 2012, 8:15 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:He passed his swallow test! My mom fed him soup, milk and apple sauce. And he promptly threw it all up :p They asked why she fed him so much? Duh, because that's what they put on his tray, and nobody told her just to feed him a little bit. He was hungry!

He's resting comfortably now, just spoke with the night nurse, and she'll try to feed him a little bit later tonight.

So this is very good news! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Yay!!! So glad your dad is doing better, Ozzie. You too, IowaDevil. Dads are precious fellas. I gave a card to mine once that read "anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad."

Continued vibes, prayers and hugs to Ozzie and IowaDevil.

:wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug: :wizard: :pray: :ymhug:
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 12th, 2012, 9:35 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:He passed his swallow test! My mom fed him soup, milk and apple sauce. And he promptly threw it all up :p They asked why she fed him so much? Duh, because that's what they put on his tray, and nobody told her just to feed him a little bit. He was hungry!

Wonderful news! Continued vibes for OzzieDad and for IowaDevilDad. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 12th, 2012, 10:37 pm

Woo-hooooooooo! Let's hear it for swallowing!

Seriously, I'm so glad that your dad is doing better, Ozzie. I know you're relieved. This is such good news!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 12th, 2012, 10:59 pm

I'm glad OzzieDad is better. I just hope when the time comes, he is without pain. God love you all. :ymhug: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 12th, 2012, 11:15 pm

Yay for the dads!!!!!!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 13th, 2012, 5:33 am

Vibes from here are mighty powerful.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 14th, 2012, 9:00 am

My mom fed my dad twice yesterday, at lunch and dinner, and he kept everything down. Progress is measured in small steps! :D

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 14th, 2012, 10:56 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:My mom fed my dad twice yesterday, at lunch and dinner, and he kept everything down. Progress is measured in small steps! :D
Terrific news! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Continued vibes for the CTNDads from the varnish zone. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » March 14th, 2012, 12:14 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:My mom fed my dad twice yesterday, at lunch and dinner, and he kept everything down. Progress is measured in small steps! :D

Great news! Continued hugs, prayers and vibes from Iowa!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
EarlJam

Post by EarlJam » March 14th, 2012, 5:15 pm

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

GREAT NEWS INDEED!

(((((((((((((((OzzieDad!)))))))))))))))

Here's to it continuing tenfold!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 14th, 2012, 8:50 pm

Great news, man.

:wizard: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: still coming.

BTW, glad he didn't need the feeding tube. My grandmother had one surgically implanted in her side when she was in her 90s. It worked well for her, as she would never have gone for the one down the throat.

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage