LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » February 16th, 2012, 5:08 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
How's the First Mate feeling? :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for her to feel better!

PS :9f:
I hope the "Mate" gets well very soon. Hugs and vibes coming her way. :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
DevilAlumna wrote:
That sounds more like pneumonia to me. :(

Hope the mate gets better quickly, and that what she's got isn't contagious! :wizard: :wizard:
She's improving. Trouble is, she is big on sharing. :twitch: :veryconfused:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 17th, 2012, 7:36 am

Hey! They were being creative, like Cameron Crazies used to be ;) I loved it! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 17th, 2012, 9:19 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Hey! They were being creative, like Cameron Crazies used to be ;) I loved it! :9f:
They did an exceptional job last night in my opinion and I thoroughly enjoyed it! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 17th, 2012, 9:46 am

IowaDevil wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Hey! They were being creative, like Cameron Crazies used to be ;) I loved it! :9f:
They did an exceptional job last night in my opinion and I thoroughly enjoyed it! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
The Crazies brought their A game last night.... :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: ^:)^ :clap: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 17th, 2012, 10:50 pm

Well this is very cool! B-) I am at my mom's condo which has no computer or internet, but I am now tethered to my phone and connected to y'all! Verizon charges me $20/month for 2 GB of data, which should be just dandy for the week I'll be here and need the connection! Then I'll cancel it until the next time I need it, $20 charge prorated for the 1 week I use it, no set uo or connection fees!

I know VDB tethered her computer at home until recently, but this really has me excited! It's only 3G speed, but CTN loads as fast as on 20 Gb Roadrunner! :D The next phone will be 4G, hopefully the iPhone 5...
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 18th, 2012, 12:10 am

Another brag by a proud aunt: Nephew Sam is currently participating in Thon - the 46 hour dance marathon held at Penn State every year. It is an honor to be selected as a dancer. It is even more of an honor to be selected as a dancer as a freshman. Sam rocks!
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 18th, 2012, 12:14 am

I just saw him on the live feed! You go, Sam!

Last year, Thon raised 9.%million for pediatric cancer.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 18th, 2012, 9:47 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Well this is very cool! B-) I am at my mom's condo which has no computer or internet, but I am now tethered to my phone and connected to y'all! Verizon charges me $20/month for 2 GB of data, which should be just dandy for the week I'll be here and need the connection! Then I'll cancel it until the next time I need it, $20 charge prorated for the 1 week I use it, no set uo or connection fees!

I know VDB tethered her computer at home until recently, but this really has me excited! It's only 3G speed, but CTN loads as fast as on 20 Gb Roadrunner! :D The next phone will be 4G, hopefully the iPhone 5...
Wow - that is cool! I've often thought it would be handy to be able to tether from my phone.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 18th, 2012, 9:48 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Another brag by a proud aunt: Nephew Sam is currently participating in Thon - the 46 hour dance marathon held at Penn State every year. It is an honor to be selected as a dancer. It is even more of an honor to be selected as a dancer as a freshman. Sam rocks!
That's pretty cool! How many dancers are there? Yay to Nephew Sam!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 18th, 2012, 9:50 pm

I made a trip to Ted Drewes this afternoon and got a mocha-heath bar concrete. I need to go back and get a Terra Mizzou before I leave town. (chocolate and pistachio nuts).
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » February 18th, 2012, 11:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:Another brag by a proud aunt: Nephew Sam is currently participating in Thon - the 46 hour dance marathon held at Penn State every year. It is an honor to be selected as a dancer. It is even more of an honor to be selected as a dancer as a freshman. Sam rocks!
That's pretty cool! How many dancers are there? Yay to Nephew Sam!
There are around 500 dancers but a total of 15,000 students involved. Thon is the largest student run philanthropic organization. Last year, they raised $9.5million, I believe.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 19th, 2012, 8:54 am

Too many days of travel in the month of February.
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » February 19th, 2012, 9:55 am

DukieInKansas wrote: There are around 500 dancers but a total of 15,000 students involved. Thon is the largest student run philanthropic organization. Last year, they raised $9.5million, I believe.
Hope I don't ruin anyone's day with a little rant, but there is one part of the Penn State fundraising activity that drives me nuts. Once every month or two during the school year, the kids stake out several busy intersections in this little corner of suburbia and beg for change from passing motorists. I hate it, and can't figure out how that's the best idea they can come up with for local community involvement. Heck, if they're going to risk getting run over, they could at least squeegie my windshield for me instead of just leaning against the telephone pole rattling a coffee can with a Penn State logo at me as I drive by.

What's even more puzzling is that we're about 3 hours away from State College. There's a branch campus about 10 miles away, so maybe a few thousand of the "involved" students are working the streetcorners all across the Commonwealth...
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 19th, 2012, 10:33 am

My favorite roadblock money donation story here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKwsA8KRHIE =))
Sorry, it's slow loading, so click it, pause, go make coffee or visit the powder room, then come back to watch.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » February 19th, 2012, 4:14 pm

Turk wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: There are around 500 dancers but a total of 15,000 students involved. Thon is the largest student run philanthropic organization. Last year, they raised $9.5million, I believe.
Hope I don't ruin anyone's day with a little rant, but there is one part of the Penn State fundraising activity that drives me nuts. Once every month or two during the school year, the kids stake out several busy intersections in this little corner of suburbia and beg for change from passing motorists. I hate it, and can't figure out how that's the best idea they can come up with for local community involvement. Heck, if they're going to risk getting run over, they could at least squeegie my windshield for me instead of just leaning against the telephone pole rattling a coffee can with a Penn State logo at me as I drive by.

What's even more puzzling is that we're about 3 hours away from State College. There's a branch campus about 10 miles away, so maybe a few thousand of the "involved" students are working the streetcorners all across the Commonwealth...
i'm not sure it is the best way for the other campuses to raise funds, but the overall organization topped $10million dollars this year.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 19th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Here's a wild, serendipitous story: I just spent an hour at the hospital with someone I haven't seen in over 20 years. He rode the same school bus as me, and his family used to live about 6 miles from my family. We haven't seen each other since sometime before his family moved to TX in the early 1990s. Flash forward: he and his family live just outside of Houston, and they had to bring his daughter up to St. Louis Children's Hospital for spinal surgery. They live about an hour from where I'll be living. His wife and daughter have been up here for a couple of weeks, but she didn't call me because she felt weird about calling someone she doesn't know. Now that we've met, she has someone in town to call if she needs anything - at least, for the next week. We're already planning to get together again once I get settled in TX and they're back home.

BTW, please send all the patented CTN vibes you can spare for his daughter. She goes in for her second surgery (to remove the traction) a week from Monday and will be in the hospital for another week after that. Everything looks good so far.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » February 19th, 2012, 7:06 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Here's a wild, serendipitous story: I just spent an hour at the hospital with someone I haven't seen in over 20 years. He rode the same school bus as me, and his family used to live about 6 miles from my family. We haven't seen each other since sometime before his family moved to TX in the early 1990s. Flash forward: he and his family live just outside of Houston, and they had to bring his daughter up to St. Louis Children's Hospital for spinal surgery. They live about an hour from where I'll be living. His wife and daughter have been up here for a couple of weeks, but she didn't call me because she felt weird about calling someone she doesn't know. Now that we've met, she has someone in town to call if she needs anything - at least, for the next week. We're already planning to get together again once I get settled in TX and they're back home.

BTW, please send all the patented CTN vibes you can spare for his daughter. She goes in for her second surgery (to remove the traction) a week from Monday and will be in the hospital for another week after that. Everything looks good so far.
Prayers and vibes for her and the medical staff and her family. :wizard: :pray:
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 19th, 2012, 8:15 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Here's a wild, serendipitous story: I just spent an hour at the hospital with someone I haven't seen in over 20 years. He rode the same school bus as me, and his family used to live about 6 miles from my family. We haven't seen each other since sometime before his family moved to TX in the early 1990s. Flash forward: he and his family live just outside of Houston, and they had to bring his daughter up to St. Louis Children's Hospital for spinal surgery. They live about an hour from where I'll be living. His wife and daughter have been up here for a couple of weeks, but she didn't call me because she felt weird about calling someone she doesn't know. Now that we've met, she has someone in town to call if she needs anything - at least, for the next week. We're already planning to get together again once I get settled in TX and they're back home.

Vibes and prayers for the young lady as she has spinal surgery. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 19th, 2012, 8:17 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Well this is very cool! B-) I am at my mom's condo which has no computer or internet, but I am now tethered to my phone and connected to y'all! Verizon charges me $20/month for 2 GB of data, which should be just dandy for the week I'll be here and need the connection! Then I'll cancel it until the next time I need it, $20 charge prorated for the 1 week I use it, no set uo or connection fees!

Wow - that is cool! I've often thought it would be handy to be able to tether from my phone.
You can tether for free, using pda.net through junefabrics.l I used it for several years. There is one time sign up fee for $20.00. It works just as well a tethering with Verison.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 19th, 2012, 8:26 pm

:YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:

I'm sending vibes and prayers from Efland. I hope all goes well with her. As Ima would say, bless her heart. :ymhug: :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: