The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: The Official "Good Morning" Thread

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 13th, 2012, 8:33 am

Oh. Just noticed my post count. This should be #6980. Yup!
Hmmm, I just thought of something to do for #7000! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 13th, 2012, 8:38 am

Good morning! Today is Sam's 20th birthday.

Today is also Coach K's birthday.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » February 13th, 2012, 9:32 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good morning. ~O)

Ah, yes! The Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth and the alligator farms in St. Augustine! I did that as a kid the first and only time my folks drove us to Florida (from NY). Loved it! It was a 3 day drive each way, and we spent the second night going south near Jacksonville to do St. Augustine the next day, before heading south to Hollywood, Fl., between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Now, I drive to Ft. Lauderdale every year (~12 to 13 hours), as we did when OzzieDaughter was a kid, too, to visit my folks. And every year, as we drove past St. Augustine, I'd talk about stopping at the alligator farm, but we were always in a hurry to keep the drive from here to there a one day drive, and never stopped. Finally, I guess when OD was in high school (11 or 12 years ago) we finally stopped on the way north for a couple of hours at my insistence. Eh. Nobody was thrilled and we hit the road again. Spending most of a day there would definitely be better. We have a friend from Smithfield who has a second home in St. Augustine. We wave from I-95 as we drive by, whether they are there or not. B-)
Is the 'Old Jail' still in business? I remember that as a kid visiting St Aug. It was always funny to me to see the picture of my dad standing at a jail door, holding on to the bars. More safe travel wishes.
Happy Merry, Sam and Coach!
Good morning to all.

CameronBornAndBred wrote:We are in St. Augustine. Spent most of the day yesterday still in Savannah and Tybee Island (cool place) before heading south. Orlando is totally out of the picture, which I'm very happy about. As far as I'm concerned, that place is one giant tourist trap. We drove through the old part of the city last night in the dark to get our bearings, and we are going today to park and do lots of walking around. Julie is thrilled because not only does she get to experience history, she gets to go shopping at the outlets across the street from our hotel, she is an Eddie Bauer junkie. We have a cooler with us, so we pack it with sandwich stuff. We eat breakfast in the hotel, and one meal out, then either lunch or dinner we make out of the cooler.
Later today we will continue on south towards the Everglades. By tomorrow night we will be in Key West.
Good morning!! :happy-bouncyblue:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 13th, 2012, 9:50 am

Good Morning All from Iowa where it is FINALLY snowing! Maybe it really is winter??? :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 13th, 2012, 9:57 am

Harumph. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 13th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Good Morning ! ~O)
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » February 13th, 2012, 1:44 pm

Morning everyone!
I am working against the tide, trying to go up against the Monday stream. Atleast most of the work day is gone now, so that's a plus! lol
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 13th, 2012, 2:44 pm

knights68 wrote:Morning everyone!
I am working against the tide, trying to go up against the Monday stream. Atleast most of the work day is gone now, so that's a plus! lol
Monday is always a Salmon day...you spend the whole day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die in the end..
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 13th, 2012, 3:01 pm

windsor wrote:
knights68 wrote:Morning everyone!
Monday is always a Salmon day...you spend the whole day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die in the end..
=)) =)) =))

IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 14th, 2012, 8:16 am

Good Morning All and a very happy Valentine's Day :romance-hearteyes: :romance-heartsfade: :romance-heartsthree: :romance-heartstiny:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 14th, 2012, 8:34 am

Good morning! :x
We woke up today in Boca Raton and are getting ready to head on to the keys...yay! :happy-bouncyblue:
St. Augustine was lots of fun, but we didn't stop at any of the tourist attractions. We did drive past the old jail; but mostly we wanted to walk in the historic district which was great. Lots of things I didn't expect (cheesy shopping), but also some great galleries that were cool to go in and talk to the artists and some great photo ops. I didn't expect to find a singing leprechaun.
St. Augustine 027.JPG
The old streets were great though; Julie has been to Italy and said the feel is very similar to what you can find there.
St. Augustine 076.JPG
Heading towards Miami the traffic got fugly, picture driving through Raleigh for about 100 miles. I imagine by the time we get to Key Largo that's what we'll have felt we've been through.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 14th, 2012, 9:30 am

Good morning. ~O)

Key Largo and Marathon, both in the "upper Keys", are both great. And they are a much MUCH shorter drive than going all the way to Key West. But I guess everyone wants to go to Key West at least once; OzzieDaughter and husband took a day bus trip there a couple of years ago from Ft. Lauderdale. The tour bus left about 6 a.m. and got back after midnight. They had a great time, but it was a very long day. Me? I made 2 trips to Key West in high school. One to play Key West HS in football and one to play them in baseball (3 games Friday and Saturday). We were a small school, they were smaller, but with all the drinking that went on among teammates, those trips did not turn out well. 1972 is the last time I went to Key West; all future trips to the Keys were to Key Largo and Marathon - 2 hours closer to home!

Enjoy the 7 Mile Bridge. It's not so bad now that they have 4-laned the highway. Traffic was a real bitch "back in the day".

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 14th, 2012, 9:45 am

Good morning. CB&B, your trip sounds great. I'm glad you and Julie are having a good time. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 14th, 2012, 9:46 am

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!

Harumph here in the office. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » February 14th, 2012, 11:24 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote: I didn't expect to find a singing leprechaun.
St. Augustine 027.JPG
NO ONE EXPECTS THE SINGING LEPRECHAUN!!!

:D :)) :D :)) :D :))

or the Spanish Inquisition
captmojo

Post by captmojo » February 14th, 2012, 11:25 am

Good mornin'!

Still awaiting a repaired BUTT. :-w
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 11:55 am

Good morning!

Happy Valentine's Day!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 14th, 2012, 11:57 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Good morning! :x
We woke up today in Boca Raton and are getting ready to head on to the keys...yay! :happy-bouncyblue:
St. Augustine was lots of fun, but we didn't stop at any of the tourist attractions. We did drive past the old jail; but mostly we wanted to walk in the historic district which was great. Lots of things I didn't expect (cheesy shopping), but also some great galleries that were cool to go in and talk to the artists and some great photo ops. I didn't expect to find a singing leprechaun.
St. Augustine 027.JPG
The old streets were great though; Julie has been to Italy and said the feel is very similar to what you can find there.
St. Augustine 076.JPG
Heading towards Miami the traffic got fugly, picture driving through Raleigh for about 100 miles. I imagine by the time we get to Key Largo that's what we'll have felt we've been through.
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I love singing leprechauns! This one is about a month early, isn't he?

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » February 14th, 2012, 12:48 pm

GOOD MORNING! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! @};- @};- :chocolate: :Heartthrob: :Heartthrob: :romance-heart: :romance-heartsfade: :romance-heartsthree: :romance-smileyheart: :romance-romance:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 15th, 2012, 8:25 am

Good Morning All! :)