LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Hey Wilson!

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 26th, 2009, 2:07 pm

Have you checked out Jason Evan's vacation thread on the DBR OT board? :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar!
http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/for ... post301098

It might be of interest to you!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » June 26th, 2009, 2:14 pm

I wonder what it would cost to get them outfitted with lasers? :-? :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 27th, 2009, 5:39 am

Good morning?
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » June 27th, 2009, 8:42 am

I hope you went back to bed Ymo. 5:30am?
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 27th, 2009, 9:21 am

My parents are for the weekend and like the house. :D :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 27th, 2009, 9:37 am

Went to King's Dominion Thursday for our boys' first trip (Katie stayed home with the grandparents). Wow, they have SO much more stuff than they did even 10 years ago when I last went with my wife, then girlfriend.

We had a GREAT time. The boys LOVED the log flume (ironic since that's one of the oldest rides left). We went on it seven times. The weather was perfect. It cooled off a little before it got TOO beastly hot. The longest line we waited in was for the ferris wheel of all things, and that was only about 15 minutes. The only thing that bummed me out was that Michael couldn't ride a couple things that seemed kinda ridiculous to me, like the swings and white water canyon. He's 43.5 inches tall (he's still 3) and they require 48" and 46" respectively for those. I get it on some of the roller coasters, but I just don't get how a kid can ride the triple spin or the log flume, but not WWC. Heck, it's no worse than the rubber ducky ride at Sesame Place, and they let him ride that before he was even 2. Just throw a life jacket on him like they do over the in the water park for some things. I just don't get it.

The only run-in we had with another guest was on the Scooby Doo coaster. Oh she made me mad. Jumped from one line to another, cutting off my wife and kid so she could ride with her grandson, who'd just ridden, so got to ride twice in a row. Her two granddaughters were in the car ahead of her, and she had been in line with them. When my wife said something to her, she responded "He's not riding twice, he's riding with his grandma!" The employees didn't say anything to her. My other son (the three year old) and I were already strapped in, so couldn't get out to stay with our family. He ended up crying cause he didn't get to go with her. I thought that was the kind of thing that you could get kicked out for, but the employees just cow-towed to her. She's the kind of person that just doesn't seem to think the rules apply to her. I saw her smoking in non-smoking kids sections twice later, and making loud and obnoxious comments to other guests and employees more than once. Yet nobody said word one to her. I just don't get it. Anyway, I tried not to let it ruin the day, but every time I thought about her, I just wanted to punch her in the face. We had great fun other than that, though.

At 48", Sean could ride everything but the BIGGEST, BADDEST coasters, and had a great time. He could even ride the Anaconda and the Backlot Stunt Coaster (which is AWESOME, by the way). Anyway, we had a blast and stayed from 10:30-9:00, almost closing the place down. That was a LONG day for all of us, but we had a LOT of fun.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 27th, 2009, 10:28 am

Bostondevil wrote:I hope you went back to bed Ymo. 5:30am?
Kind of...went to bed at 12:30 am and woke up at my usual time. Read for a while, napped for a while after waking up.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 27th, 2009, 12:07 pm

TillyGalore wrote:My parents are for the weekend and like the house. :D :D :D
Awesome, Hi Mom!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 27th, 2009, 12:13 pm

bjornolf wrote: Her two granddaughters were in the car ahead of her, and she had been in line with them. When my wife said something to her, she responded "He's not riding twice, he's riding with his grandma!"
Brings to mind one of my favorite quotes from "O'Brother Where Art Though"----"That don't make no sense!"
bjornolf wrote: I saw her smoking in non-smoking kids sections twice later.
Was there a smoking kids section?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 27th, 2009, 2:46 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote: Her two granddaughters were in the car ahead of her, and she had been in line with them. When my wife said something to her, she responded "He's not riding twice, he's riding with his grandma!"
Brings to mind one of my favorite quotes from "O'Brother Where Art Though"----"That don't make no sense!"
:)) :))
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 27th, 2009, 2:55 pm

That was poorly written. They've redone the park so that there are like four designated smoking areas spread throughout the park. None of them are in Kidsville or the Nickelodeon area for kids, which are the two places where she was at the time.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 27th, 2009, 3:03 pm

bjornolf wrote:
That was poorly written. They've redone the park so that there are like four designated smoking areas spread throughout the park. None of them are in Kidsville or the Nickelodeon area for kids, which are the two places where she was at the time.

%%-
Yea, but leave it to the folks here to notice that and put you/me on notice for it. I am SOOO careful about what/how I post/phrase things and if any of my posts are longer than a sentence ( :oops: :roll: ), I'll preview them 2-3 times before submitting. And sometimes, they STILL won't be correct/proper until someone else reads/notices it.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 27th, 2009, 3:09 pm

Someone reached 6000 posts on the DBR recently. (via duplicate posting, of course :roll: :lol: )

Just sayin'...

Just checked my profile page, too. I had visits from Jason Evans and throaty! I don't think either has ever visited my profile page before.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 27th, 2009, 3:13 pm

devildeac wrote:Someone reached 6000 posts on the DBR recently. (via duplicate posting, of course :roll: :lol: )

Just sayin'...

Just checked my profile page, too. I had visits from Jason Evans and throaty! I don't think either has ever visited my profile page before.
Congrats on 6K!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 27th, 2009, 3:23 pm

devildeac wrote:Someone reached 6000 posts on the DBR recently. (via duplicate posting, of course :roll: :lol: )

Just sayin'...

Congrats on 6K!
Thanks. I was saving the milestone post for something special and thought about the "Reflections" thread that I started here on Father's Day and figgered that would be the most appropriate one with which to commemorate the occasion. I'd guess it had been a week or two since I had posted there.

Now, as for #7000, that may be a while. A LONG, LONG while. :roll: Too much crazietalk, ya know...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 27th, 2009, 3:32 pm

I found a scarlet snake today, it had been run over a couple days ago and was totally dried up, but the colors were still pretty obvious.
-
These are common snakes in eastern NC, but very hard to find. I hate when the only good examples of species I find are roadkill. By the way, these can cross breed with milk snakes, and make for a pretty integrade.
-
They are also commonly confused with the venomous coral snake.
-
Neither grow to any great length and both are very secretive, preferring wooded areas and hanging out under fallen logs. They both burrow, which is the main reason they are infrequently found.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 27th, 2009, 3:45 pm

Just sayin'...

Congrats Mr. 1st Team All-America!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 27th, 2009, 3:51 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

Just sayin'...

Congrats Mr. 1st Team All-America!
Thanks! At my current posting rate there of about 1 post per week over the last 3 months, it should we QUITE a long time before #7000 (if ever).
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » June 27th, 2009, 3:53 pm

devildeac wrote:Thanks! At my current posting rate there of about 1 post per week over the last 3 months, it should we QUITE a long time before #7000 (if ever).
I aspire to catch BillyBreen one day...
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 27th, 2009, 4:03 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
devildeac wrote:Thanks! At my current posting rate there of about 1 post per week over the last 3 months, it should we QUITE a long time before #7000 (if ever).
I aspire to catch BillyBreen one day...
That's just crazietalk... :D :lol: