:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Cheermom
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Track the team's flight to Alaska

Post by Cheermom » August 15th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Is there a way to track the flight to Shanghai? I have a personal interest in this. :happy-cheerleaderkid:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2011, 10:21 pm

Cheermom wrote:Is there a way to track the flight to Shanghai? I have a personal interest in this. :happy-cheerleaderkid:
It looks like the same link will track the plane all the way to China! B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 16th, 2011, 9:27 am

Cheermom wrote:Is there a way to track the flight to Shanghai? I have a personal interest in this. :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Are the cheerleaders on the trip also?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2011, 9:42 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:
Are the cheerleaders on the trip also?
The four senior cheerleaders made the trip! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2011, 10:02 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
It looks like the same link will track the plane all the way to China! B-)
How does FlightAware handle international flights? What is FlightAware's service area? (Back to top)
FlightAware's primary service area includes the United States (including Alaska, Hawaii, and Guam), Canada, the Caribbean, and the United Kingdom. Flights in the primary service area support real time maps, departure and arrival information, delays, and more.

FlightAware's secondary service covers scheduled major airline operations at any airport in the world. Flights in the secondary service area support departure and arrival information.

For flights arriving in a service area from outside of a service area, FlightAware will be able to track the flight when it nears a service area. For flights departing a service area, FlightAware will be able to track the flight until it leaves the coverage area. Flights may not be tracked beyond that point unless they enter another service area.

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 16th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Oh boy, Cheermom! What a wonderful opportunity for Cheerdaughter! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Keep us updated when you hear from her!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Per JasonEvans post OY
Coach Collins just tweeted-- they just made it to Shanghai. First game tomorrow night. Jet lag could be a factor.
The flight tracking link still shows the flight over the Pacific. I knew that couldn't be right and didn't want Cheermom to be worrying ;) B-)

Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » August 16th, 2011, 4:37 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Per JasonEvans post OY
Coach Collins just tweeted-- they just made it to Shanghai. First game tomorrow night. Jet lag could be a factor.
The flight tracking link still shows the flight over the Pacific. I knew that couldn't be right and didn't want Cheermom to be worrying ;) B-)
Thank you :) Goduke.com has an article that says they arrived. I have not heard from cheerdaughter yet, but our new tailgate cheermom heard from her cheerdaughter when they were on the bus to the hotel.
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » August 16th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Received an email from cheerdaughter. They are in a gorgeous hotel on a lake in Kunshan. It was about a 2 hour bus ride from the airport.
Since they have to get up in a few hours to start their day and slept a lot on the three plane rides, they decided to stay awake and try and make it through the day and the game. They are going on a fishing village tour in the morning that has some houses preserved from the Ming Dynasty.

Because of the mechanical problems with the first plane, they ended up on a smaller plane which necessitated the second refueling stop in Japan.

Let me know if you want this kind of info as I get it or if you would rather I not take up the Board space.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 16th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Cheermom wrote:Received an email from cheerdaughter. They are in a gorgeous hotel on a lake in Kunshan. It was about a 2 hour bus ride from the airport.
Since they have to get up in a few hours to start their day and slept a lot on the three plane rides, they decided to stay awake and try and make it through the day and the game. They are going on a fishing village tour in the morning that has some houses preserved from the Ming Dynasty.

Because of the mechanical problems with the first plane, they ended up on a smaller plane which necessitated the second refueling stop in Japan.

Let me know if you want this kind of info as I get it or if you would rather I not take up the Board space.
Tell us, please!

It sounds like a wonderful experience (except for the flight situations and lack of sleep). :duke: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 16th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Cheermom wrote:Received an email from cheerdaughter. They are in a gorgeous hotel on a lake in Kunshan. It was about a 2 hour bus ride from the airport.

ABSOLUTELY! :9f:

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 16th, 2011, 7:58 pm

Cheermom wrote:
In this place? :twitch: The HOME of the defined PW? :twitch:
Be prolific! Tell it all Mom! :-BD
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2011, 9:59 pm

:text-worthless:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2011, 10:03 pm

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Penny apparently hasn't spent enough time here to fully understand the hilarity of the incredible waste of board space we exhibit on an hourly basis here.

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 16th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Thanks Penny, I'm waiting for more on this trip!! :duke: :duke:
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » August 16th, 2011, 10:49 pm

devildeac wrote:

Penny apparently hasn't spent enough time here to fully understand the hilarity of the incredible waste of board space we exhibit on an hourly basis here.

I will go forth and waste space
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 16th, 2011, 11:03 pm

Cheermom wrote:
devildeac wrote:

I will go forth and waste space

:clap:
^:)^
We will wait anxiously for your updates. Seriously. Mrs. DD and I are just a wee bit jealous they did not ask any recently graduated cheerleaders to make the trip as "advisors" or "managers." :(
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 16th, 2011, 11:39 pm

This is exciting!!! Keep the updates coming!!! Love it. :) GO DUKE!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 17th, 2011, 1:32 am

Yes, please! Thanks for sharing and providing some insight into how our beloved teams (bball & cheer squad) are doing! :ymapplause: