ILJ and Knee Replacement Surgery

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: ILJ and Knee Replacement Surgery

Post by ArkieDukie » July 20th, 2011, 7:05 pm

Renewed vibes to ILJ and her nurse! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

How's everything going?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 20th, 2011, 8:35 pm

Ptherapy and home care visited today. ILJ is healing faster than expected. That Dermabond stuff (instead of staples and sutures) allows her to shower already. The pain factor is there, but it's not as bad as the pain before the surgery

As for me, my right knee is bothering me, and I'm exhausted. Giving her injections is the worst part of my duties.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 20th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:Ptherapy and home care visited today. ILJ is healing faster than expected. That Dermabond stuff (instead of staples and sutures) allows her to shower already. The pain factor is there, but it's not as bad as the pain before the surgery

As for me, my right knee is bothering me, and I'm exhausted. Giving her injections is the worst part of my duties.

Isn't that Dermabond stuff GREAT?

Now, as far as future scarring goes, I heartily recommend Mederma. As soon as the Dermabond washes off (it takes a while), get ILJ to start putting Mederma on the incisions so that they will heal into pretty and unobtrusive lines.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 21st, 2011, 8:44 am

Hang in Lavabe. Every day will be a little easier. Give ILG a hug for me. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 21st, 2011, 8:59 am

Great news that all is going so well. Plan something fun to do as a reward for the two of you as soon as this is all taken care of. Planning it and looking forward to it can be half the fun. You'll have earned it!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 21st, 2011, 6:25 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Hang in Lavabe. Every day will be a little easier. Give ILG a hug for me. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Will do!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 21st, 2011, 6:48 pm

Hope today is going well! Continued vibes and get well wishes for ILJ! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Getting my hair cut and colored tonight. The place I go is close to Ted Drewe's. Guess where I'm probably going. Methinks a Magical Muny Mocha (mocha-heath bar concrete) may be in order. I'll use ILJ as my excuse. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 21st, 2011, 6:50 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Magical Muny Mocha (mocha-heath bar concrete)
OMG... my blood sugar count is zooming just reading about it. =p~ =p~
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 26th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Vibes that ILJ's recovery continues to go well!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 26th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Just made a big fresh peach streusel pie .... and ate a piece that was way too big .... with whipped cream. Glad to know ILJ can be used as the excuse. Can I use her as an excuse to have a piece for breakfast, too? ;;)
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 26th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Just made a big fresh peach streusel pie .... and ate a piece that was way too big .... with whipped cream. Glad to know ILJ can be used as the excuse. Can I use her as an excuse to have a piece for breakfast, too? ;;)
Love, Ima
Oh, my goodness! Pie for breakfast is always allowed! We made pie while I was in the mountains..... fresh, ripe SC peaches...... the kind that will dribble down your face when you eat one out of your hand. :chores-utensils:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 26th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Just made a big fresh peach streusel pie .... and ate a piece that was way too big .... with whipped cream. Glad to know ILJ can be used as the excuse. Can I use her as an excuse to have a piece for breakfast, too? ;;)
Love, Ima
ILJ can be the excuse, so long as you post pictures of the pie so I can ... =p~ .