What's for dinner?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: What's for dinner?

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 17th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Paint.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 17th, 2011, 8:50 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Paint.
Deeeeelishus!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 17th, 2011, 8:54 pm

Beef with broccoli from the local Chinese place, over some sauteed bean sprouts.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 17th, 2011, 8:58 pm

Strip steak,on the grill, baked sweet potato, mixed greens and home made blackberry cobbler. It was very good, if I do say so myself. :duke:
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » April 17th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Preparing a nice t-bone, with some roast garlic bread, cauliflower, and maybe a trip to Dairy Queen for dessert. (Chocolate softserve in a plain cone has been a recent craving. That and donuts.)

In case you don't have it on your calendar, Baskin Robbins is having their $0.31 scoop day on Wednesday - plan ahead! :happy-bouncyblue:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 17th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Pastrami sammy from the deli in the Reading Terminal in Philly, made fresh at lunchtime today and smuggled in this afternoon by devildeac! Ymm! It was delish! Thanks dd! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » April 18th, 2011, 9:22 am

Pollen and beer and angst. Pollen had the worst taste, and the longest lasting flavor. :|
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 18th, 2011, 11:52 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Paint.
what flavor?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 18th, 2011, 11:53 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Pastrami sammy from the deli in the Reading Terminal in Philly, made fresh at lunchtime today and smuggled in this afternoon by devildeac! Ymm! It was delish! Thanks dd! :D
Just returning a Carnegie favor. :D ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 18th, 2011, 12:41 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Pastrami sammy from the deli in the Reading Terminal in Philly, made fresh at lunchtime today and smuggled in this afternoon by devildeac! Ymm! It was delish! Thanks dd! :D
Ha! My girlfriend was at the Reading Terminal this week, it became her favorite place to hang out while at her conference. If I had known Carnegie was there, I would have placed an order!

Ahh..I see it wasn't Carnegie...but still sounds tasty.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 18th, 2011, 8:03 pm

I cooked on the grill again tonight. Supper was a grilled turkey burger and grilled broccoli. My new grill rocks.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 18th, 2011, 8:37 pm

I'm grilling some kind of fish that was in my freezer. I think it is spanish mackeral.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 18th, 2011, 8:44 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I cooked on the grill again tonight. Supper was a grilled turkey burger and grilled broccoli. My new grill rocks.
Did you wear a bikini with little turkey burgers on it? ;)

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 18th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Brisket...can you have a Seder without Brisket :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 18th, 2011, 9:54 pm

Steak strips over salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » April 18th, 2011, 11:26 pm

Amelia and I went to a pizza place here in Atlanta called Antico, which makes traditional Neapolitan pies with the legit ovens shipped in from Europe and handmade dough. Everyone there speaks with an Italian accent, and they're just open until they run out of dough. The cannolis were heavenly too. It was a religious experience. Barely even qualifies as "pizza," since it's so much better than any other pie I've ever had.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 19th, 2011, 4:45 am

WHATS FOR DINNER? That was a good question at the MENS Basketball banquet on Friday? The poor quality of food and small portions left much to be desired. I should have stopped by K&W Cafeteria and brought a to go box of good food with me to the banquet.

You should voice your comments to Whitney Dunlap with the Iron Dukes, Special Events Coordinator. IF SHE DOESNT hear how bad the meal was, then she will assume it was awesome! I told her on Sunday, during the Brill's reception, my thoughts of the meal. Likewise, I commented on how beautifully decorated Cameron was, and the gorgeous centerpieces. (Expensive flowers)...

I would rather have a better meal, and less money spent on flowers.

I think I will spend $15 next year and sit upstairs with OZZIE, and take the $40 and use towards a good meal, cocktails and a good tip to the server. Banquet is $55 for Mens. But its only $35 for the Womens BB banquet, and their food is always good, because they spend less on the flowers and decor.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 19th, 2011, 8:08 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:WHATS FOR DINNER? That was a good question at the MENS Basketball banquet on Friday? The poor quality of food and small portions left much to be desired. I should have stopped by K&W Cafeteria and brought a to go box of good food with me to the banquet.

You should voice your comments to Whitney Dunlap with the Iron Dukes, Special Events Coordinator. IF SHE DOESNT hear how bad the meal was, then she will assume it was awesome! I told her on Sunday, during the Brill's reception, my thoughts of the meal. Likewise, I commented on how beautifully decorated Cameron was, and the gorgeous centerpieces. (Expensive flowers)...

I would rather have a better meal, and less money spent on flowers.

I think I will spend $15 next year and sit upstairs with OZZIE, and take the $40 and use towards a good meal, cocktails and a good tip to the server. Banquet is $55 for Mens. But its only $35 for the Womens BB banquet, and their food is always good, because they spend less on the flowers and decor.
I thought the beef medallions were tender and tasty, and my salad was wonderful. The ravioli was a little carby, but I didn't eat the pasta, only the filling. Likewise, I passed on the bread--too carby. With regard to the dessert, I had been forewarned that the little chocolate dessert cakes were stale, and a quick sniff test confirmed that. I did eat the little chocolate "Duke" doo-dad that was on the top of the cake. I'm not much of a dessert person anyway. You know what they say: a moment on the lips, forever on the hips.

I didn't go to the banquet expecting good food. I went for the opportunity to see the entire event, to thank the team for a wonderful season, and to have Nate James wave at me. Mission accomplished!

Our servers worked very hard, and they were adequately compensated. Whitney and Debbie did an awesome job in putting on this event.

Just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions. . .

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 19th, 2011, 9:10 am

windsor wrote:Brisket...can you have a Seder without Brisket :D
Happy Pesach!

You know, in all the years I went to the big family (50 to 60 people) Seders in Toronto as a kid back in the late 50's and 60's, with all the foods served, they never served brisket. And they certainly never asked my mother to cook - little did they know... ;)

Last night we went to Texas Steak House. I thought of the 4 Questions before I ate my roll, asking "Why is this night different from all other nights?" - this should be a piece of matzoh and not leavened bread... Oh well. I ate it anyway. /:)

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 19th, 2011, 9:30 am

Tonight, we're having beef ribs on the grill. I started marinating them yesterday with a little olive oil, red wine, red pepper flakes and garlic. I will also make oven fries with garlic salt and black pepper. The other sides will be sliver queen corn, from last years garden and a salad. I'm hoping our grandson Josh, and Liz will get here from Chicago in time to eat. Can't wait to see them. :ymhug: