Duke v. Maryland...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Duke v. Maryland...

Post by bjornolf » October 13th, 2009, 7:32 am

So, we've got the Terps next. The way they're playing right now, they're more like the Twerps. Living here in DC, I've seen several of their games and read up on them a little. I think we've got a really good shot against them, ESPECIALLY with an extra week to prepare for them.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke v. Maryland...

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2009, 7:57 am

The players/coaches remarked about how well we were prepared for ncsu with countless hours of film review. Cut and crew don't have any old twerp game films with which they can prepare. I do like that extra week.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 13th, 2009, 8:39 am

devildeac wrote:The players/coaches remarked about how well we were prepared for ncsu with countless hours of film review. Cut and crew don't have any old twerp game films with which they can prepare. I do like that extra week.
They can still watch game film from this year of Maryland's other games. This year's film against other teams is really more useful than past games, even against you, especially in college. The teams change SO much from year to year.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Post by dukediv2012 » October 13th, 2009, 9:10 am

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:The players/coaches remarked about how well we were prepared for ncsu with countless hours of film review. Cut and crew don't have any old twerp game films with which they can prepare. I do like that extra week.
They can still watch game film from this year of Maryland's other games. This year's film against other teams is really more useful than past games, even against you, especially in college. The teams change SO much from year to year.

%%-
Yeah that is true, but watching game tape from a previous Duke game against Maryland is much more valuable than opponent's games against Maryland.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2009, 9:22 am

bjornolf wrote:

%%-
Agreed, but in the press here, they talked about how they knew EVERYTHING ncsu was going to do (except for the ~65 yard pass play for the TD and the ~93 yard KO return :( ) and ran their routes and coverage exactly as they had seen on film from last year's game. I would imagine though that the 'Fridge hasn't changed much in the last couple years except for his 100+ pound weight loss :roll: ;) .
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 13th, 2009, 9:38 am

I continue to think that Duke has one of the best staffs in the country. They know how to prepare and they know the importance of it. I'm looking for some more surprises to be delivered on October 24. (By the way, one of my favorite dishes when I visit NOLA is turtle soup.....)
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2009, 1:25 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:I continue to think that Duke has one of the best staffs in the country. They know how to prepare and they know the importance of it. I'm looking for some more surprises to be delivered on October 24. (By the way, one of my favorite dishes when I visit NOLA is turtle soup.....)
A mind is a terrapin thing to waste...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » October 13th, 2009, 6:56 pm

devildeac wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:I continue to think that Duke has one of the best staffs in the country. They know how to prepare and they know the importance of it. I'm looking for some more surprises to be delivered on October 24. (By the way, one of my favorite dishes when I visit NOLA is turtle soup.....)
Spear the turtle!
I worship the Blue Devil!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 13th, 2009, 7:06 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Spear the turtle!
And add a dash of sherry!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2009, 10:26 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Spear the turtle!
Fear the classroom!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 14th, 2009, 9:03 am

devildeac wrote: Fear the classroom!
Is there a written test before this game?
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 14th, 2009, 9:50 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
I don't think so.

My comment was actually in reference to the terps abysmal graduation rate for their MBB team, which, IIRC, was 0% for a recent 3 or 5 year period in which the ncaa examined the data.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 14th, 2009, 10:14 am

devildeac wrote:
I don't think so.

My comment was actually in reference to the terps abysmal graduation rate for their MBB team, which, IIRC, was 0% for a recent 3 or 5 year period in which the ncaa examined the data.
I knew what you meant. :lol: I just couldn't resist asking about a pre game test! :lol:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 15th, 2009, 12:00 am

devildeac wrote:
I don't think so.

There is no test, but there will be Scrabble. :-B
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 17th, 2009, 5:14 pm

WOW...our defense HAS to be salivating watching UVA & Md.. It's an incredible display in offensive incompetence..vs. bad defenses. UVA...you are on notice as well.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 17th, 2009, 5:25 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:WOW...our defense HAS to be salivating watching UVA & Md.. It's an incredible display in offensive incompetence..vs. bad defenses. UVA...you are on notice as well.
Wow! Makes our next two games even more interesting.... if Duke continues to improve exponentially, the second half of the season has the potential of being like a new season unfolding. \:D/
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 19th, 2009, 5:14 pm

Now that we're actually a few days away from the game, I'm really looking forward to this game after the exhilarating defeat of NC State. I can't remember a positive stretch like this in YEARS. It seems as if every win this year will set some sort of record by ending various negative trends and establishing some positive ones.

Can't wait to read dukediv2012's comments!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 19th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Now that we're actually a few days away from the game, I'm really looking forward to this game after the exhilarating defeat of NC State. I can't remember a positive stretch like this in YEARS. It seems as if every win this year will set some sort of record by ending various negative trends and establishing some positive ones.

Can't wait to read dukediv2012's comments!
I talked to him Saturday. He is planning on posting some practice/game thoughts here in the next 2-3 days.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 21st, 2009, 10:33 am

Cut has announced Desmond Scott as the starting running back for Saturday's game. :D

http://www.heraldsun.com/pages/full_sto ... in_article
We're getting closer. What we'd love would be some big plays in the running game, some plays of more than 12 yards a little bit more often," he said. "We're not trying to run the ball 200 yards a game, but we want to be effective."
The drills didn't include senior Re'quan Boyette, who suffered another lower-body injury against the Wolfpack and wasn't back to practice as of Tuesday. Jay Hollingsworth, who hasn't been fully healthy since suffering an ankle injury in the second game of the season, is fast approaching full strength, but Cutcliffe said that Desmond Scott likely would start Saturday.
Boyette did make some nice plays off of receptions during the NCSU game...and I'd like to see Hollingsworth fully healthy. Interesting that there is no mention of Kurunuwe. He can obviously run, too.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 21st, 2009, 10:56 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Cut has announced Desmond Scott as the starting running back for Saturday's game. :D

http://www.heraldsun.com/pages/full_sto ... in_article
We're getting closer. What we'd love would be some big plays in the running game, some plays of more than 12 yards a little bit more often," he said. "We're not trying to run the ball 200 yards a game, but we want to be effective."
The drills didn't include senior Re'quan Boyette, who suffered another lower-body injury against the Wolfpack and wasn't back to practice as of Tuesday. Jay Hollingsworth, who hasn't been fully healthy since suffering an ankle injury in the second game of the season, is fast approaching full strength, but Cutcliffe said that Desmond Scott likely would start Saturday.
Boyette did make some nice plays off of receptions during the NCSU game...and I'd like to see Hollingsworth fully healthy. Interesting that there is no mention of Kurunuwe. He can obviously run, too.
Doesn't the injury report come out on Thursday? That may be the next big report to watch for.

I'm so excited about this game..... but please, no rain!