Brunchgate 10/24 Edition: Planning and Attendance

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Brunchgate 10/24 Edition: Planning and Attendance

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2009, 8:33 am

I know the game isn't until 10/24, but I'm excited because I'll be attending so I'm starting a thread now. Ozzie, I'll bring you cash or a rubber check on Saturday, or would you accept payments in bud lite? :-)

I'm thinking of cooking up a batch of chili but I'm not sure what kind of gear is available. How can I warm it up?
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Brunchgate 10/24 Edition: Planning and Attendance

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2009, 8:45 am

Miles wrote: I'm thinking of cooking up a batch of chili but I'm not sure what kind of gear is available. How can I warm it up?
I have a propane tank and stand(for frying turkeys, steaming oysters...although I use it for brewing beer :D ). I can bring that.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2009, 8:48 am

Miles wrote:I know the game isn't until 10/24, but I'm excited because I'll be attending so I'm starting a thread now. Ozzie, I'll bring you cash or a rubber check on Saturday, or would you accept payments in bud lite? :-)

I'm thinking of cooking up a batch of chili but I'm not sure what kind of gear is available. How can I warm it up?
Chili sounds great. TNTDevil or CB&B can figger out a way to keep the chili warm/hot, I'd bet.

How many beers do you want to trade? 6? 12? Ditto for wilson? How about 8-x ? You gonna be there with some traders? I already know the answer from CB&B :D . Do the Lavabes make the trip to WW for this game?

Game time should be announced this AM. That will determine Brunchgate/Dinnergate times.

Never hurts to start the thread early ;) :D .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2009, 8:53 am

Finally bottled the wheat..it's as close to a belgian style white that I'll get to. A straight-from-the-fermenter sampling was promising. I'll have a 12 of those for trading and drinking. Haven't made up my mind on food yet. Smoked ribs might complement the chili well, but lots will depend on what time the game is (and what TNT has planned). I think game times are announced today.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 12th, 2009, 9:18 am

Miles wrote:I know the game isn't until 10/24, but I'm excited because I'll be attending so I'm starting a thread now. Ozzie, I'll bring you cash or a rubber check on Saturday, or would you accept payments in bud lite? :-)

Chili sounds great! If you bring cash I'll distribute it on the spot. Bud Light can be the interest accrued for late payment =))

I think I'll bring Val's brisket, and we'd need to heat it up on one of the grills (CB&B) before eating. I'll also bring some Bud Light.

Hopefully the game times will be announced today (or tomorrow).

Lizz Wall (Duke2narow) and her mom Jeanne will be joining us again and will bring food, not sure what yet - they are waiting to see what evryone else is bringing. The rest of the Poupfest group will be having their own tailgate over at the B3 lot and will not be joining us.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2009, 9:37 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Chili sounds great! If you bring cash I'll distribute it on the spot. Bud Light can be the interest accrued for late payment =))

I think I'll bring Val's brisket, and we'd need to heat it up on one of the grills (CB&B) before eating. I'll also bring some Bud Light.

Lizz Wall (Duke2narow) and her mom Jeanne will be joining us again and will bring food, not sure what yet - they are waiting to see what evryone else is bringing. The rest of the Poupfest group will be having their own tailgate over at the B3 lot and will not be joining us.
Brisket. Ymm!
Chili. Ymm!
Who's got the potatoes and baked beans on their list?
I'm thinking along the lines of brown ales, porters and stouts, depending on the weather.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 12th, 2009, 9:41 am

devildeac wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Brisket. Ymm!
Chili. Ymm!
Who's got the potatoes and baked beans on their list?
I'm thinking along the lines of brown ales, porters and stouts, depending on the weather.
White rice goes with this brisket. Guess I'll have to bring some of that, too. Thanks for reminding me. And I need to get you the tickets for Friday night this week.

wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 12th, 2009, 9:50 am

If Miles is making chili, then I'll make up a few loaves of corn bread...some with jalapenos, some without (Tilly, I'm assuming that your oven will be accessible...otherwise, I can bring pretty much everything).
I'm planning on bringing 12 beers to trade. Sweetwater has a nice ESB out right now, and I can bring that plus a sixer of, perhaps, one of the Atlanta Brewing Company offerings (they have a good Oktoberfest this year).
I'm really excited to finally partake of a Brunchgate, and of the march to our next bowl game!
Miles

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2009, 9:57 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Miles wrote: I'm thinking of cooking up a batch of chili but I'm not sure what kind of gear is available. How can I warm it up?
I have a propane tank and stand(for frying turkeys, steaming oysters...although I use it for brewing beer :D ). I can bring that.
Awesome. I'll make the chili the night before and transport to the festivities. Can you also supply the stock pot? If not, just let me know and I'll make arrangements.

Next question: how much chili should I make?
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2009, 10:00 am

devildeac wrote:

Chili sounds great. TNTDevil or CB&B can figger out a way to keep the chili warm/hot, I'd bet.

How many beers do you want to trade? 6? 12? Ditto for wilson? How about 8-x ? You gonna be there with some traders? I already know the answer from CB&B :D . Do the Lavabes make the trip to WW for this game?

Game time should be announced this AM. That will determine Brunchgate/Dinnergate times.

Never hurts to start the thread early ;) :D .
Put me down for a sixer.
sMiles
Miles

Post by Miles » October 12th, 2009, 10:01 am

wilson wrote:If Miles is making chili, then I'll make up a few loaves of corn bread...some with jalapenos, some without (Tilly, I'm assuming that your oven will be accessible...otherwise, I can bring pretty much everything).
I'm planning on bringing 12 beers to trade. Sweetwater has a nice ESB out right now, and I can bring that plus a sixer of, perhaps, one of the Atlanta Brewing Company offerings (they have a good Oktoberfest this year).
I'm really excited to finally partake of a Brunchgate, and of the march to our next bowl game!
Corn bread sounds awesome.
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 12th, 2009, 10:27 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Finally bottled the wheat..it's as close to a belgian style white that I'll get to. A straight-from-the-fermenter sampling was promising. I'll have a 12 of those for trading and drinking. Haven't made up my mind on food yet. Smoked ribs might complement the chili well, but lots will depend on what time the game is (and what TNT has planned). I think game times are announced today.
I can bring babyback ribs also. i think a rack is the whole pack. Let me how you want me to do the prep for grilling.

I will also make a carrot cake.

I will bring adult beverage & some soft drinks.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2009, 10:34 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I can bring babyback ribs also. i think a rack is the whole pack. Let me how you want me to do the prep for grilling.

I will also make a carrot cake.

I will bring adult beverage & some soft drinks.
The carrot cake and drinks sound great. I would hold off on the ribs..between the chili and brisket that Ozzie is providing we have a pretty healthy menu. Plus we have yet to see TNT's offering..I've got some ideas for side dishes..luckily I have a while to think it over.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2009, 11:32 am

wilson wrote:If Miles is making chili, then I'll make up a few loaves of corn bread...some with jalapenos, some without (Tilly, I'm assuming that your oven will be accessible...otherwise, I can bring pretty much everything).
Cornbread. Ymm!
Those 12 beers sound fine. I think you, Miles, CB&B and I will do the trading. I am not sure if 8-x is there for this game. I always bring 1-2 specialties to share with the meal, as does CB&B and 8-x . This time I am thinking a bomber of the new Clipper City series. Might have something to do with pirates...
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » October 12th, 2009, 12:03 pm

DD - I will be there! I can't wait either!!!!! Just reviewing the treats and was actually working on something to try out with my kiddos to see if worthy of bringing as a side dessert! I will definitely bring a couple of bombers to try with all the eats. As the week develops, let me think on some ideas for traders.... and I will post if I am bringing traders or not, but definitely working on something to add to the chef delights!!!!! :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Game time announced...it is set for 1:30.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2009, 12:37 pm

cl15876 wrote:DD - I will be there! I can't wait either!!!!! Just reviewing the treats and was actually working on something to try out with my kiddos to see if worthy of bringing as a side dessert! I will definitely bring a couple of bombers to try with all the eats. As the week develops, let me think on some ideas for traders.... and I will post if I am bringing traders or not, but definitely working on something to add to the chef delights!!!!! :D
Miles, wilson, CB&B and I are on notice now as 8-x usually selects some fine ales.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 12th, 2009, 12:43 pm

CB&B just posted a 130 PM KO for 10/24. Looks like another true Brunchgate. My guess is that the MBB exhibition that day will be TF, at about 530-6 PM range. Heck, we can start at about 8 AM, then have some brats between games and dessert after hoops ;) :D .
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 12th, 2009, 2:37 pm

devildeac wrote:CB&B just posted a 130 PM KO for 10/24. Looks like another true Brunchgate. My guess is that the MBB exhibition that day will be TF, at about 530-6 PM range. Heck, we can start at about 8 AM, then have some brats between games and dessert after hoops ;) :D .
BBall is at 6:30, so that's about a 2 hour break between the two.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 12th, 2009, 3:51 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:CB&B just posted a 130 PM KO for 10/24. Looks like another true Brunchgate. My guess is that the MBB exhibition that day will be TF, at about 530-6 PM range. Heck, we can start at about 8 AM, then have some brats between games and dessert after hoops ;) :D .
BBall is at 6:30, so that's about a 2 hour break between the two.
1:30 and 6:30 is about as great as we could have hoped for Brunchgate-wise! Breakfast and lunch can be served separately if we want, plus a post football appetizer! And lots of beverages :D