Duke Vs. NC State

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Duke Vs. NC State

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 6th, 2009, 11:24 am

I'm looking for our first ACC away victory in years this weekend. I'm thinking it will be a high scoring close game; State did poorly against Wake's passing game last week. Unfortunately, we aren't the best pass defense team either (even without the refs calling BS calls against us). Hope to see everyone in section 21 at 4!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke Vs. NC State

Post by devildeac » October 6th, 2009, 12:02 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'm looking for our first ACC away victory in years this weekend. I'm thinking it will be a high scoring close game; State did poorly against Wake's passing game last week. Unfortunately, we aren't the best pass defense team either (even without the refs calling BS calls against us). Hope to see everyone in section 21 at 4!
Oooh, chat time. I'd rather be chatting than at the game. Less chance of being called vile names (maybe) and having a beverage dumped on me.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 6th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Is the game on TV? I'm too tired to look it up i-)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 6th, 2009, 11:17 pm

DukePA wrote:Is the game on TV? I'm too tired to look it up i-)
ESPNU :)
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 7th, 2009, 9:44 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
DukePA wrote:Is the game on TV? I'm too tired to look it up i-)
ESPNU :)
Thank ya, bro!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 7th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Well, dukediv2012...

:-w :-w
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 8:17 am

devildeac wrote:Well, dukediv2012...

He did PM me last evening and has not been at practice this week but promised a report today. ;) :D
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Post by dukediv2012 » October 8th, 2009, 8:59 pm

devildeac wrote:

He did PM me last evening and has not been at practice this week but promised a report today. ;) :D
I don't forget my promises, but there isn't a lot to mention.

Abraham Kromah suffered a stress fracture in his fibula(?) last week during the VT game and played through the pain, but later realized that he was injured. His injury is a big one because he is the second leading tackler on Duke's team, but I believe that a couple of young players will have the opportunity to step up and play hard.

Duke is looking to capitalize on opportunities on special teams and offense more effectively. The coaching staff is pleased with the effort but is sick and tired of "wasted effort" (aka losses). Look for Duke to be more efficient in the passing game on both sides of the ball.

I don't like predictions, but I think that Duke is playing well enough to win at least 4 more games this year. I think that Duke will push State to the limit and as the coaches say, "If we push them until the fourth quarter, they will break down because we ARE in better shape than everyone else in the ACC."

GO DUKE! BEAT STATE!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 8th, 2009, 9:28 pm

dukediv2012 wrote: and as the coaches say, "If we push them until the fourth quarter, they will break down because we ARE in better shape than everyone else in the ACC."
We would have won the VT game if that were true, our D trailed in the end. But I do believe we have that advantage over State. That is a reason Wake won last week, they wore them down...and only by passing. I expect to see a nice mix this Saturday...and we will win because we ARE in better shape than NCSU. GO DUKE!!!
Thanks much for the update DD12.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 8th, 2009, 9:29 pm

dukediv2012 wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Abraham Kromah suffered a stress fracture in his fibula(?) last week during the VT game and played through the pain, but later realized that he was injured. His injury is a big one because he is the second leading tackler on Duke's team, but I believe that a couple of young players will have the opportunity to step up and play hard.

Duke is looking to capitalize on opportunities on special teams and offense more effectively. The coaching staff is pleased with the effort but is sick and tired of "wasted effort" (aka losses). Look for Duke to be more efficient in the passing game on both sides of the ball.

I don't like predictions, but I think that Duke is playing well enough to win at least 4 more games this year. I think that Duke will push State to the limit and as the coaches say, "If we push them until the fourth quarter, they will break down because we ARE in better shape than everyone else in the ACC."

GO DUKE! BEAT STATE!
I'm expecting some ACC teams to be surprised by a loss to Duke this season. I hope NC State gets surprised Saturday!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » October 8th, 2009, 9:34 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:...That is a reason Wake won last week, they wore them down...and only by passing.
If State struggles defending the pass, then I like our chances. Passing O is rather clearly the most dependable phase of the game for our team this year.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 8th, 2009, 9:54 pm

wilson wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:...That is a reason Wake won last week, they wore them down...and only by passing.
If State struggles defending the pass, then I like our chances. Passing O is rather clearly the most dependable phase of the game for our team this year.
And the one that State is taking strides to defend against. They know their secondary is weak, and our passing is strong..they have publicly adjusted, we'll see what that means Saturday. Interestingly enough...their pass offense is good and our secondary sucks...but the focus is more on State's faults than ours.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 8th, 2009, 11:00 pm

dukediv2012 wrote:
devildeac wrote:

GO DUKE! BEAT STATE!
Do we have 1-2 good young LB?
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Post by dukediv2012 » October 9th, 2009, 9:52 am

"Do we have 1-2 good young LB?"

Yes we do. We have a freshman Tyree Glover who is a monster. He has played some on special teams and been productive. Look for him to play a lot of minutes on Saturday.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 9th, 2009, 9:55 am

dukediv2012 wrote:"Do we have 1-2 good young LB?"

Yes we do. We have a freshman Tyree Glover who is a monster. He has played some on special teams and been productive. Look for him to play a lot of minutes on Saturday.
That's good news! I hope we surprise State in several ways..... no matter what they do to prepare, they won't be able to anticipate some key elements.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 9th, 2009, 12:39 pm

From WRAL--an injury report on the NCSU side...
Safety Javon Walker (knee) and defensive end Jeff Rieskamp (hip) are out, and cornerback Rashard Smith (ankle) is listed as questionable for the game with Duke, N.C. State announced on Thursday.

Smith has started two games this season.
So they are already not so hot on the past defense, and they might not have a starting corner. Of course O'Brien is mixing up his defense this week, so I'm not sure how much it affects his planned lineup.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 10th, 2009, 7:06 pm

Wow. The most impressive thing in this game was seeing them score the touchdown after the turnover on the punt. That's what winning teams do. When you're given that kind of opportunity, you go for the jugular. If they hold off the puppies, Thad deserves a helmet sticker on College Gameday for this unbelievable performance. Even if they DON'T win, this is one for the ages, ladies and gentleman by the Duke QB.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 10th, 2009, 7:21 pm

What a game! Ruthless excellence! This win has been a long time coming. The defense was great in the second half. At one point they had allowed only 50 yards for the State offense. Who knows what we could have done if our QB was as tall as the one at Arkansas!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2009, 7:24 pm

I'm about damn near in tears. Congrats to the team for one of the most amazing both-sides-of-the-ball performances that I have witnessed in an incredibly long time. Great win, GO DUKE!!!
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 10th, 2009, 7:26 pm

I can only say Yippee! I've been jumping up and down in my living room for that past 20 minutes! So many good things!! GO DUKE!