Basketball players as football players

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Basketball players as football players

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2009, 9:08 am

There is a thread on the EK board speculating on what positions which players might play if they played football. Nothing outstanding there, but the first of these two posts by moderators, by one whom we all think is a voice of reason, sort of irritated me. Here's a cut and paste (I've deleted the screen names). I was tempted to invite the original poster to come to our boards, where he won't be so "moderated". :ymapplause:

I've read a lot of unnecessary posts in needless threads over the last couple of years but this one takes the cake. Hopefully, my fellow Moderators take pity on me for pointing out the obvious and don't hand down an infraction...this thread is stupid!

And another moderator's reply:

X, I think the thread is fine. It could potentially be a fun little offseason hypothetical. Or it could run out of steam soon. Regardless, I don't this thread is harmful to anything.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Basketball players as football players

Post by devildeac » April 16th, 2009, 9:11 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:There is a thread on the EK board speculating on what positions which players might play if they played football. Nothing outstanding there, but the first of these two posts by moderators, by one whom we all think is a voice of reason, sort of irritated me. Here's a cut and paste (I've deleted the screen names). I was tempted to invite the original poster to come to our boards, where he won't be so "moderated". :ymapplause:

I've read a lot of unnecessary posts in needless threads over the last couple of years but this one takes the cake. Hopefully, my fellow Moderators take pity on me for pointing out the obvious and don't hand down an infraction...this thread is stupid!

And another moderator's reply:

X, I think the thread is fine. It could potentially be a fun little offseason hypothetical. Or it could run out of steam soon. Regardless, I don't this thread is harmful to anything.
Part of the hypocrisy (sp?) which has driven folks away from the DBR. Kinda like my beer names from the fall and the recent insult fest from the lemur thread and the sympathy/vibes threads about Ima and my Dad's death. I'll take a look just to get some names.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2009, 9:16 am

I have the poster a PM inviting him here.

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 16th, 2009, 9:19 am

Ozzie, thank you for inviting the mod, as I do like his stuff.

I went to the EK board to read the thread, and to see who the mods were. I can see both sides of the issue. It is kind of stupid, but on the other hand it's harmless and could be funny. I am surprised that a mod attacked it publicly. Especially when some of them INSIST on being confronted civilly through PM's. As devildeac pointed out, it is the hypocrisy of DBR that is driving folks away and over here.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 16th, 2009, 9:24 am

TillyGalore wrote:Ozzie, thank you for inviting the mod, as I do like his stuff.

I went to the EK board to read the thread, and to see who the mods were. I can see both sides of the issue. It is kind of stupid, but on the other hand it's harmless and could be funny. I am surprised that a mod attacked it publicly. Especially when some of them INSIST on being confronted civilly through PM's. As devildeac pointed out, it is the hypocrisy of DBR that is driving folks away and over here.
I invited the original poster, not the moderator.

TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 16th, 2009, 9:29 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Ozzie, thank you for inviting the mod, as I do like his stuff.

I invited the original poster, not the moderator.
I stand corrected. Or rather, sit corrected. ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Flaming

Post by Lavabe » April 16th, 2009, 9:31 am

From previous experience, one of the mods once argued that the person is not being insulted, only the thread.

I hope that flaming and the ilk have no place here.
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » April 16th, 2009, 10:15 am

What I love is the belief by some mods that they have the right to decide what people talk about over there. Even when things don't violate any specific policies some mods decide whether threads can or cannot exist. They always talk about how you would follow someone's rules if you were in their house so you should follow the rules while on DBR but none of them ever realize that, if you were in someone's house, they wouldn't tell you what you could or could not talk about. As far as I am concerned, DBR is broken and the vast majority of that is the mods' fault.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 16th, 2009, 10:53 am

I thought they had a private board, behind the virtual curtain, where they could disagree with each other and call each other out privately.

So what's with one mod calling out another mod publicly when they already have a private forum to discuss these things?

Sorta makes you wonder. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 16th, 2009, 11:22 am

CathyCA wrote:I thought they had a private board, behind the virtual curtain, where they could disagree with each other and call each other out privately.

So what's with one mod calling out another mod publicly when they already have a private forum to discuss these things?

There is a pvt board but I have seen an occasion like the above or two in the last 6 months or so. Kinda amusing, especially with one calling another "completely intolerable" at one point. And, BTW, he was correct. :lol:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 16th, 2009, 10:48 pm

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I thought they had a private board, behind the virtual curtain, where they could disagree with each other and call each other out privately.

There is a pvt board but I have seen an occasion like the above or two in the last 6 months or so. Kinda amusing, especially with one calling another "completely intolerable" at one point. And, BTW, he was correct. :lol:
I have a couple of guesses on who that could apply to. :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » April 16th, 2009, 11:45 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:

I have a couple of guesses on who that could apply to. :D
I'll give you 1 guess, and yes, it does rhyme with dumbo :)) .