New Dress!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

New Dress!

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 7:56 am

My step daughter is getting married in November....it is a formal evening wedding. I've been advised that my usual weekend attire of well worn jeans and t-shirts won't be acceptable ( :D ). I don't like to shop. I don't like to dress up. I would be perfectly happy to never put on heels or make up again. Ever. Saturday evening I went on a seek and destroy mission to locate 'a step mother of the bride dress' since the mother of the bride had just gotten hers (and claimed 'sage' as her color) Blessed Nordstroms. I walked into the 'special event' section and a lovely woman (about my age) named Anna asked if she could help...told her what I needed...she kind of smiled and said - so we want to look better than the mother of the bride right? Right. She brought 4 dresses....I tried them on...bought the second one...I was in and out in 30 minutes.....the next day I found the perfect shoes....so on November 7th Windsor will be all decked out in: (and no...that ain't me!)

dress.jpg
dress.jpg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 322 times

I love this dress....I mean I love love love this dress!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: New Dress!

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 9th, 2009, 8:11 am

Looking forward to the photos. It's a good thing it's an evening wedding. Duke will be beating unc that day in Kenan stadium. (Time is TBA, but noon or 1 is a good bet)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 8:17 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Looking forward to the photos. It's a good thing it's an evening wedding. Duke will be beating unc that day in Kenan stadium. (Time is TBA, but noon or 1 is a good bet)
Note the shade of blue of the dress - it is a little dark, true 'duke blue' is hard to come by..... :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 9th, 2009, 8:24 am

The dress is beautiful and I'm sure you'll look fabulous in it!

Did you buy it with the points on your Chase Sapphire card (instead of taking a vacation with the points?) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 9th, 2009, 9:22 am

You go, girl! I noticed two features of this dress immediately: classic lines and color.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 10:06 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:The dress is beautiful and I'm sure you'll look fabulous in it!

Did you buy it with the points on your Chase Sapphire card (instead of taking a vacation with the points?) =))
I always wonder about the cost of the dress in that commercial. What a waste when they could have had an entire vacation?

Windsor - love the dress. What kind of shoes did you get?
Life is good!
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 9th, 2009, 10:07 am

Loooooove it! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
-- DukeUsul
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 10:17 am

We want pictures of YOU in it, not some stupid model! ;) Shammrog and Colchar probably want pictures of your daughter in it! :-o

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 10:34 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:The dress is beautiful and I'm sure you'll look fabulous in it!

I always wonder about the cost of the dress in that commercial. What a waste when they could have had an entire vacation?

I got these shoes:
shoes.jpg

If I don't break my neck it will be a miracle!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 10:36 am

bjornolf wrote:We want pictures of YOU in it, not some stupid model! ;) Shammrog and Colchar probably want pictures of your daughter in it! :-o

%%-

It would be much too big for my daughter. I'm 4" taller and uh....a little wider in places than she is... ;)
She is in the wedding party - just got her dress yesterday and it is drop dead gorgeous. I'm sure photos will be forthcoming...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 9th, 2009, 10:41 am

bjornolf wrote:We want pictures of YOU in it, not some stupid model! ;) Shammrog and Colchar probably want pictures of your daughter in it! :-o

%%-
I thought I saw a Windsor's Daughter's Mother is Hot!!! thread around here...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 10:44 am

windsor wrote:

%%-

It would be much too big for my daughter. I'm 4" taller and uh....a little wider in places than she is... ;)
She is in the wedding party - just got her dress yesterday and it is drop dead gorgeous. I'm sure photos will be forthcoming...
They're probably wishing it would fall off right as you took the picture. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 10:46 am

bjornolf wrote:
windsor wrote:

%%-

They're probably wishing it would fall off right as you took the picture. ;)

%%-
and they can keep on wishing!!!!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 9th, 2009, 10:49 am

windsor wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

I got these shoes:
shoes.jpg

If I don't break my neck it will be a miracle!
Love the shoes! (True confessions - I'm a shoe whore.) Wear them around the house before the big day. You want to get used to them and break them in so they don't hurt by the end of the evening.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 9th, 2009, 10:57 am

The shoes are definitely beautiful, and they'll look like they'll be gorgeous with the dress. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 9th, 2009, 11:00 am

The shoes will be stunning with the dress. The idea of wearing them around the house to get used to them and break them is stellar.

What sort of bag or purse will you carry?
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 11:03 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:The shoes will be stunning with the dress. The idea of wearing them around the house to get used to them and break them is stellar.

I have small navy evening bag that will do work for the occassion -

No necklace (I tried several - they fight with the dress) but I have a wide 'hammered' gold cuff bracelet that works well and I'm still searching for the perfect earings - hair will be up so I will need something dangling.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 9th, 2009, 11:20 am

windsor wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:The shoes will be stunning with the dress. The idea of wearing them around the house to get used to them and break them is stellar.

No necklace (I tried several - they fight with the dress) but I have a wide 'hammered' gold cuff bracelet that works well and I'm still searching for the perfect earings - hair will be up so I will need something dangling.
You're wise regarding no necklace. The design of the dress is enough of a statement. Considering the lines of the dress, what about someting Grecian when you look for earrings? Do you have a SteinMart nearby? Their selection of costume jewelry often has a few inspired pieces. While having your hair up does invite dangling earrings, something like a larger stone might work..... nice sized round Diamonique (real thing would be too expensive).

Are the shoes gold or silver? Or a blend of the two? (Photos are sometimes not clear regarding colors and shades.)

Thanks for indulging me. I've been taking a break from weeding the beds around the house. Work calls!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 9th, 2009, 11:24 am

Smashing. All of it. Hope the event is fun. I love weddings, and have gained a reputation among friends and family as an important part of the "engine" that drives the party. I'm quite proud of this.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 9th, 2009, 11:36 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
windsor wrote:

You're wise regarding no necklace. The design of the dress is enough of a statement. Considering the lines of the dress, what about someting Grecian when you look for earrings? Do you have a SteinMart nearby? Their selection of costume jewelry often has a few inspired pieces. While having your hair up does invite dangling earrings, something like a larger stone might work..... nice sized round Diamonique (real thing would be too expensive).

Are the shoes gold or silver? Or a blend of the two? (Photos are sometimes not clear regarding colors and shades.)

Thanks for indulging me. I've been taking a break from weeding the beds around the house. Work calls!
We do have a Steinmart...hadn't thought of looking there but they do have great costume jewelry...I'm also looking on overstock.com (one of my favorite places!) and will keep my eyes open for the perfect earings. Nice round diamonique would be awesome...maybe a diamonique/saphire combo...hmmmm...

The shoes are actually navy (the mesh part) and gold - the nave mesh has a gold threading running through it. They are awesome shoes.

I tried on silver ones I had with the dress and didn't like the flash of silver when the dress moved - these shoes are more subtle but still elegant (I'm going for elegant - I may miss...but that's the aim!)