Christmas

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Christmas

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 7th, 2009, 10:23 pm

OK, (my) kids, what I want for Christmas is the cool pad for laptops. This damn thing is hot. must cut it off and let it cool., Gees!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Christmas

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 7th, 2009, 10:24 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:OK, (my) kids, what I want for Christmas is the cool pad for laptops. This damn this is hot. must cut it off and let it cool., Gees!
I think you outta get one of those notebooks like TNTdevil had at the tailgate. That was perfect for you. Bigger than a phone, easier to carry than laptop.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 7th, 2009, 10:55 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:OK, (my) kids, what I want for Christmas is the cool pad for laptops. This damn this is hot. must cut it off and let it cool., Gees!
I think you outta get one of those notebooks like TNTdevil had at the tailgate. That was perfect for you. Bigger than a phone, easier to carry than laptop.
I've had that Acer since last October. Love it. Now it comes with a 10.1" screen instead of the 8.9" screen - much bigger, yet is still weighs just over 2 pounds. And it has a 6 cell battery that lasts 6 hours, vs. my 3 cell battery that lasts 2+ hours. And they are now under $300 when on sale, which is often. Mine was originally $349 at Costco.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 7th, 2009, 11:00 pm

Ya, I think they are great. But nothing is wrong with my laptop. Hate to spend money if not needed. Next time. OK.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » September 8th, 2009, 9:37 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Ya, I think they are great. But nothing is wrong with my laptop. Hate to spend money if not needed. Next time. OK.
You don't have a Mac do you? My MacBook Pro gets hot enough to fry eggs.
sMiles
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 8th, 2009, 9:58 am

Miles wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Ya, I think they are great. But nothing is wrong with my laptop. Hate to spend money if not needed. Next time. OK.
You don't have a Mac do you? My MacBook Pro gets hot enough to fry eggs.
No, not a Mac. Its Dell. It gets very hot. Don't plan on replacing it until it dies.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 8th, 2009, 10:30 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I've had that Acer since last October. Love it. Now it comes with a 10.1" screen instead of the 8.9" screen - much bigger, yet is still weighs just over 2 pounds. And it has a 6 cell battery that lasts 6 hours, vs. my 3 cell battery that lasts 2+ hours. And they are now under $300 when on sale, which is often. Mine was originally $349 at Costco.
I have one too, with the 10-inch screen and the 6-cell battery. I love mine too. I have highly recommended it a number of times.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 8th, 2009, 10:35 am

wilson wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:I've had that Acer since last October. Love it. Now it comes with a 10.1" screen instead of the 8.9" screen - much bigger, yet is still weighs just over 2 pounds. And it has a 6 cell battery that lasts 6 hours, vs. my 3 cell battery that lasts 2+ hours. And they are now under $300 when on sale, which is often. Mine was originally $349 at Costco.
I have one too, with the 10-inch screen and the 6-cell battery. I love mine too. I have highly recommended it a number of times.
The more I hear, the better it sounds. The price is great. The 10" screen is a seller.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 8th, 2009, 10:40 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
wilson wrote:
The more I hear, the better it sounds. The price is great. The 10" screen is a seller.
And they sell it at our favorite store - Costco!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 8th, 2009, 10:42 am

wilson wrote:
I wondered how long it would take you to post on a Christmas thread.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 8th, 2009, 10:47 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
wilson wrote:
I wondered how long it would take you to post on a Christmas thread.
Oh, you know I was excited t get into this one. Apropos of that, I got my little Acer for Christmas last year.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 8th, 2009, 1:11 pm

Christmas! I love that holiday! I finally have all of my Christmas decorations, and I'm so excited. I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas. I can't wait to shop for my kids' gifts. I can't wait to cook and bake for Christmas. I love the songs, I love the parties, I love the church services! I love Christmas!

But first: Halloween! I'm looking forward to decorating for Halloween in three and a half weeks!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 8th, 2009, 1:18 pm

CathyCA wrote:Christmas! I love that holiday! I finally have all of my Christmas decorations, and I'm so excited. I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas. I can't wait to shop for my kids' gifts. I can't wait to cook and bake for Christmas. I love the songs, I love the parties, I love the church services! I love Christmas!

But first: Halloween! I'm looking forward to decorating for Halloween in three and a half weeks!
Why wait three and a half weeks? Many stores rolled out the Halloween gear after July 4! Seriously, so many of the things available for decorations now can be used as fall decorations ... minus the cobwebs and such. I love all the decorations in purple.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 8th, 2009, 1:28 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Christmas! I love that holiday! I finally have all of my Christmas decorations, and I'm so excited. I can't wait to decorate my house for Christmas. I can't wait to shop for my kids' gifts. I can't wait to cook and bake for Christmas. I love the songs, I love the parties, I love the church services! I love Christmas!

Why wait three and a half weeks? Many stores rolled out the Halloween gear after July 4! Seriously, so many of the things available for decorations now can be used as fall decorations ... minus the cobwebs and such. I love all the decorations in purple.
I'm still unpacking from my move. I don't dare put out Halloween decorations until I get my kitchen gear all loaded into the kitchen and my clothes hung in the closet. I still have 6 wardrobe boxes over at my Mom's house that need to be unloaded in to my closet.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 8th, 2009, 3:51 pm

CathyCA wrote:But first: Halloween! I'm looking forward to decorating for Halloween in three and a half weeks!
Sean, my oldest, loves to go spend a weekend with his grandparents helping them decorate for Halloween, then we all go to their house for the holiday (they live in the nice neighborhood with no razor blades in the candy, where most people give the king size stuff!). It's always a hoot. I'll be bleaching my hair again and breaking out my Mr. Incredible costume once again.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Mr. Grinch
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by Mr. Grinch » September 8th, 2009, 4:48 pm

X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 8th, 2009, 4:54 pm

Mr. Grinch wrote:X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X( X(

We'll have none of that here. This is a happy place.

:) :D :) :) :D :) :) :D :) :) :D :) :) :D :) :D :) :) :D :) :D :)

Edit: How come my round happy smilie came out the alien happy smilie? :(
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 8th, 2009, 5:00 pm

Laptop is to hot again. Must send vibes for a "coolie"
weezie
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by weezie » September 8th, 2009, 5:24 pm

Heck, I've already started buying gifts for Christmas...ain't I a pain?! :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 8th, 2009, 6:15 pm

weezie wrote:Heck, I've already started buying gifts for Christmas...ain't I a pain?! :D
The only planning I've done for Christmas thus far is wondering which elements I'll add to the yearly festooning of the house (which of course will take place at Mom's house this year). Should be fun...