I can't take it anymore, I need vibes too...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

I can't take it anymore, I need vibes too...

Post by bjornolf » August 20th, 2009, 7:40 am

I hate to ask for vibes for something so trivial, but I'm at the end of my rope. I understand that this is nothing compared to what others are going through, but it's traumatic for my son, and thus, my wife and me, and even the rest of the family.

My second son, Michael, has lost his little stuffed elephant. This is the one that's in the bottom of the picture in my sig. He takes this elephant EVERYWHERE with him, like Linus' blanket. He talks to it, he sleeps with it, he plays with it. Since losing it four days ago, he hasn't slept well, he hasn't napped at all, and he's been EXCEEDINGLY grumpy. He's even regressed somewhat in his potty habits, which had been very good before the loss. He was TERRIFIED in the doctor's office, which isn't his usual mode (since he usually has "Elfant" as he calls it), refusing to talk to the doctor or even open his mouth. She had to pry it open with a tongue depressor. He was downright rude to her, which isn't like him either. He doesn't even fear the shots much when he has it. Since losing it, his world, and ours, has turned upside down. He's much harder to deal with than usual. He's basically surly. He's never lost it for more than a day, and we've ripped the house apart to find it. We KNOW he lost it in the house this time, but we've torn everything apart for four days and still can't find it. AARRGH! I'm pulling out the little hair I have. ~x(

Like I said, I realize that it's not a big thing on the grand scheme of things, but any vibes for finding elephant would be GREATLY appreciated. Image

Thanks.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: I can't take it anymore, I need vibes too...

Post by windsor » August 20th, 2009, 7:47 am

A crankly child who has lost their Elfant is not trivial when it is your child!!!

I'm sending you vibes, vibes and more vibes. Equal parts for the little guy to adjust to the loss of Elfant and finding vibes to locate Elfant.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 20th, 2009, 8:30 am

Vibes to your family - hopefully the elephant will come out of hiding soon.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 20th, 2009, 8:33 am

Poor little guy. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Poor little guy's parents. }}}}}}}}}}}}}

Why don't you look in the last place you'll look, because that's where it is!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 20th, 2009, 8:46 am

Sending vibes that Elfant is found soon. Perhaps asking St. Anthony for some help will do the trick, he always comes through for me.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 20th, 2009, 8:53 am

TillyGalore wrote:Sending vibes that Elfant is found soon. Perhaps asking St. Anthony for some help will do the trick, he always comes through for me.
We've been asking St. Anthony multiple times a day since it was lost. My parents have been asking St. Anthony too. Turns out, I needed to ask TILLY.

Holy shit. I was down in the basement ripping things apart trying to find him amongst our stored stuff. I came back up to take a break while I got Katie up for the day. Michael walked into the den and found the little packyderm in a Lego box that Erica, Sean, Michael, AND I ALL swear we looked in 20 different times over the last four days. By my watch, he found it right about the time Tilly hit send on her computer.

Thanks for the vibes everyone. Big :ymhug:s to everybody. I should have posted this the minute it was lost! Anyway, thanks again, and special thanks to Tilly! ;)

And oddly, or perhaps not so oddly, Michael is ALREADY easier to get along with within FIVE minutes of finding him.

For Tilly:

@};- @};- @};-
@};- @};- @};-
@};- @};- @};-
@};- @};- @};-

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 20th, 2009, 8:55 am

bjornolf wrote: Holy shit. I was down in the basement ripping things apart trying to find him amongst our stored stuff. I came back up to take a break while I got Katie up for the day. Michael walked into the den and found the little packyderm in a Lego box that Erica, Sean, Michael, AND I ALL swear we looked in 20 different times over the last four days. By my watch, he found it right about the time Tilly hit send on her computer.
%%-
Aren't you glad he looked in the last place he'd look (again)! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 20th, 2009, 9:01 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
bjornolf wrote: Holy shit. I was down in the basement ripping things apart trying to find him amongst our stored stuff. I came back up to take a break while I got Katie up for the day. Michael walked into the den and found the little packyderm in a Lego box that Erica, Sean, Michael, AND I ALL swear we looked in 20 different times over the last four days. By my watch, he found it right about the time Tilly hit send on her computer.
%%-
Aren't you glad he looked in the last place he'd look (again)! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Of course it's always in the last place you'd look, cause that's when you stop looking! ;) But yes, I'm EXTREMELY glad, and relieved. #:-s

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 20th, 2009, 9:26 am

I was getting ready to send vibes for Elfant, the missing hefalump. I'm glad that I kept reading. Way to go on locating Elfant, Tilly. Good job!

I'm glad Michael is happier. I hope Elfant tells him all about his Lego adventure.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 20th, 2009, 9:30 am

Tilly vibes are powerful! :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 20th, 2009, 10:12 am

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Sending vibes that Elfant is found soon. Perhaps asking St. Anthony for some help will do the trick, he always comes through for me.
We've been asking St. Anthony multiple times a day since it was lost. My parents have been asking St. Anthony too. Turns out, I needed to ask TILLY.

Holy shit. I was down in the basement ripping things apart trying to find him amongst our stored stuff. I came back up to take a break while I got Katie up for the day. Michael walked into the den and found the little packyderm in a Lego box that Erica, Sean, Michael, AND I ALL swear we looked in 20 different times over the last four days. By my watch, he found it right about the time Tilly hit send on her computer.

Thanks for the vibes everyone. Big :ymhug:s to everybody. I should have posted this the minute it was lost! Anyway, thanks again, and special thanks to Tilly! ;)

And oddly, or perhaps not so oddly, Michael is ALREADY easier to get along with within FIVE minutes of finding him.

For Tilly:

@};- @};- @};-
@};- @};- @};-
@};- @};- @};-
@};- @};- @};-

%%-
Yay!!! I'm glad Michael found his Elfant and that he is happy again. Amazing what one object can do for one's psyche, and not just kids. :D :D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2009, 11:07 am

My oldest child had a Curious George, which he misplaced somewhere between daycare and the house. The neighbors let us borrow their child's Curious George while we were looking for Sam's Curious George. I then had a brilliant idea--if the neighbors' child's Curious George would work as a substitute, why not go out and get another, in case of an emergency? So I did.

When our second son was born, Sam told us that he could share everything except his Curious George (at that time in its 3d or 4th incarnation, but he didn't know it!) with his brother. So, we went out and bought another Curious George, wrapped it up, and he gave it to his brother/threw it on my lap minutes after Christian was born. "He's not opening it up," Sam announced. "Why isn't he doing anything with his present?" We had to explain that babies don't do much except sleep and eat for the first few months. Sam had mistakenly thought that he was going to have an instant playmate in his brother.

You could get another Elfant as a back-up in case he disappears again.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 20th, 2009, 11:09 am

CathyCA wrote:My oldest child had a Curious George, which he misplaced somewhere between daycare and the house. The neighbors let us borrow their child's Curious George while we were looking for Sam's Curious George. I then had a brilliant idea--if the neighbors' child's Curious George would work as a substitute, why not go out and get another, in case of an emergency? So I did.

When our second son was born, Sam told us that he could share everything except his Curious George (at that time in its 3d or 4th incarnation, but he didn't know it!) with his brother. So, we went out and bought another Curious George, wrapped it up, and he gave it to his brother/threw it on my lap minutes after Christian was born. "He's not opening it up," Sam announced. "Why isn't he doing anything with his present?" We had to explain that babies don't do much except sleep and eat for the first few months. Sam had mistakenly thought that he was going to have an instant playmate in his brother.

Good advice!

Cathy, please check your cell voice mail!

wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 20th, 2009, 11:11 am

I kind of love this thread. I'm also kind of inspired to write a children's book about Elfant's Lego Adventure.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 20th, 2009, 12:20 pm

CathyCA wrote:My oldest child had a Curious George, which he misplaced somewhere between daycare and the house. The neighbors let us borrow their child's Curious George while we were looking for Sam's Curious George. I then had a brilliant idea--if the neighbors' child's Curious George would work as a substitute, why not go out and get another, in case of an emergency? So I did.

How about his airline ticket? Or is that a different child? :oops: :roll: ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2009, 12:36 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

Good advice!

Cathy, please check your cell voice mail!
Ha ha! Done.

Thanks!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 20th, 2009, 3:22 pm

CathyCA wrote: You could get another Elfant as a back-up in case he disappears again.
That's excellent advice. After DAYS of searching, I found one on eBay (they weren't making them any more cause we'd originally bought it for Sean). I got it. One time, when Elfant was just misplaced for a few hours and it was naptime, we tried the old switcheroo. He started crying, cause Elfant is no longer a pretty baby blue. Plus, he's got scars we've sewed back up which the new elephant didn't. Plus, the new elephant's music box still worked, which Elfant's didn't. On top of all that, the new elephant was still "fat". All the stuffing from Elfant is squished. And the new elephant didn't smell right. He immediately latched onto the new elephant and wouldn't give it back, but he still pined for Elfant. Now, remember, he was barely two years old when all this went down. He's pretty sharp.

So, now he's got two, but only one is his "Elfant". ;)

Oddly, we have a pretty rainbow colored fleece blanket that my parents bought for Michael, but he had NO interest in it. Katie has latched onto it like Linus with HIS blanket in the Peanuts. She carries it around and curls up in it and sucks her thumb. When she was just a few months old, I washed it and put a different blanket in her crib with her, not thinking it mattered. She cried and cried and didn't sleep well for two nights. I had a funny feeling, and the next night, stuck that blanket back in her crib. That night, she immediately curled up with it and went right to sleep, sighing contentedly. It seems each of our kids has become attached to something that belonged to the next sibling "up". Odd, eh?

%%-
Last edited by bjornolf on August 20th, 2009, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 20th, 2009, 3:25 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CathyCA wrote: You could get another Elfant as a back-up in case he disappears again.
That's excellent advice. After DAYS of searching, I found one on eBay (they weren't making them any more). I got it. One time, when Elfant was just misplaced for a few hours and it was naptime, we tried the old switcheroo. He started crying, cause Elfant is no longer a pretty baby blue. Plus, he's got scars we've sewed back up which the new elephant didn't. Plus, the new elephant's music box still worked, which Elfant's didn't. On top of all that, the new elephant was still "fat". All the stuffing from Elfant is squished. And the new elephant didn't smell right. He immediately latched onto the new elephant and wouldn't give it back, but he still pined for Elfant. Now, remember, he was barely two years old when all this went down. He's pretty sharp.

So, now he's got two, but only one is his "Elfant". ;)

%%-
What the heck are you doing letting your kid have a baby blue, aka carolina blue, elephant? What kind of parent are you? I am so disappointed. ;) ;) ;)
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 20th, 2009, 3:30 pm

TillyGalore wrote: What the heck are you doing letting your kid have a baby blue, aka carolina blue, elephant? What kind of parent are you? I am so disappointed. ;) ;) ;)
Okay, first of all, it was never a true Carolina blue. Second of all, it's completely gray now. And you haven't seen it. I don't care what color it is, it's the cutest, softest damned thing you've ever seen and felt. Okay, well, Elfant isn't anymore. He looks like the after photos of the velveteen rabbit. But he used to be. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 20th, 2009, 3:34 pm

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: What the heck are you doing letting your kid have a baby blue, aka carolina blue, elephant? What kind of parent are you? I am so disappointed. ;) ;) ;)
Okay, first of all, it was never a true Carolina blue. Second of all, it's completely gray now. And you haven't seen it. I don't care what color it is, it's the cutest, softest damned thing you've ever seen and felt. Okay, well, Elfant isn't anymore. He looks like the after photos of the velveteen rabbit. But he used to be. ;)

%%-
Baby blue is carolina blue. Elfant was once carolina blue, that is when you should have replaced the carolina blue elephant with something more appropriate, which would have been before Michael became attached.

Ozzie, I sincerely hope you will not be giving your grandbaby anything that resembles carolina blue. What the heck am I talking about, of course you won't.