Pop popped..... help????

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school

Pop popped..... help????

Post by knights68 » August 12th, 2009, 7:31 am

It's been rather "warm" here in the last week (mid-upper 90's). Silly me, I left a can of pop.... 'scuse me, an UNOPENED can of pop in my car too.
Upon my return to the car after work yesterday, what do you think I found??? L-)
Seems the interior of my car got a little redecorated in pepsi neveaux! :)) I cannot believe a little 12 ounce soft drink can spread out like that! =))

I have an interior that looks like a bargain-basement rhoshack test, with the ceiling of my car bearing the brunt of it. So tell me, my wise friends, how the heck does one clean up sticky and dried soft drink from the ceiling of my car and from the seats?
Luckily I have seat covers, but still!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Pop popped..... help????

Post by bjornolf » August 12th, 2009, 7:46 am

knights68 wrote:It's been rather "warm" here in the last week (mid-upper 90's). Silly me, I left a can of pop.... 'scuse me, an UNOPENED can of pop in my car too.
Upon my return to the car after work yesterday, what do you think I found??? L-)
Seems the interior of my car got a little redecorated in pepsi neveaux! :)) I cannot believe a little 12 ounce soft drink can spread out like that! =))

I have an interior that looks like a bargain-basement rhoshack test, with the ceiling of my car bearing the brunt of it. So tell me, my wise friends, how the heck does one clean up sticky and dried soft drink from the ceiling of my car and from the seats?
Luckily I have seat covers, but still!
Ouch. Steam cleaner maybe? You can rent one at some super markets if you don't own one.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 12th, 2009, 8:16 am

I'd sue Pepsi for damages and clean up costs. They didn't have a warning label on the can not to leave it in a hot car, so it's really their fault. :D
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 12th, 2009, 8:34 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I'd sue Pepsi for damages and clean up costs. They didn't have a warning label on the can not to leave it in a hot car, so it's really their fault. :D
Me too. Then I'd give up that crap and get a Coke!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 12th, 2009, 8:55 am

Go to your local car detailer. Get him to steam clean it for you. It may take more than one cleaning to get rid of all of the little drips and spots.

I speak from the experience of getting the Starbucks coffee steamed out of the carpets, upholstery and headliner of my car after my wreck last year.

Good luck.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 12th, 2009, 11:13 am

Been there....done that. Detailer to the rescue is the answer.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 12th, 2009, 3:07 pm

http://www.charliesoap.com/
It works wonders.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 13th, 2009, 10:29 am

It must have been a bad day a to be a Pepsi can. Yesterday my husband was making room in the 'beverage' fridge in the garage and he went to move a can of Pepsi One and it blew up - all over everything inside the fridge. That can had been sitting in there for about six weeks - I think it was a left over from 4th of July...hadn't been moved or shaken in a while. Very odd. Perhaps the cans are rising up in revolt.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 13th, 2009, 11:14 am

windsor wrote:It must have been a bad day a to be a Pepsi can. Yesterday my husband was making room in the 'beverage' fridge in the garage and he went to move a can of Pepsi One and it blew up - all over everything inside the fridge. That can had been sitting in there for about six weeks - I think it was a left over from 4th of July...hadn't been moved or shaken in a while. Very odd. Perhaps the cans are rising up in revolt.
Once again, I will say that this is what you people get for drinking Pepsi.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 13th, 2009, 11:16 am

wilson wrote:
windsor wrote:It must have been a bad day a to be a Pepsi can. Yesterday my husband was making room in the 'beverage' fridge in the garage and he went to move a can of Pepsi One and it blew up - all over everything inside the fridge. That can had been sitting in there for about six weeks - I think it was a left over from 4th of July...hadn't been moved or shaken in a while. Very odd. Perhaps the cans are rising up in revolt.

I do not drink Pepsi. I know people who drink Pepsi and accomidated them for the 4th of July Party. :D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 13th, 2009, 11:17 am

windsor wrote: I do not drink Pepsi. I know people who drink Pepsi and accomidated them for the 4th of July Party. :D
The proper response would have been to love the sinner and hate the sin. I don't care if Jesus himself walks through the door and asks for a Pepsi; he's not getting one from me.
knights68

Post by knights68 » August 13th, 2009, 1:13 pm

Thank you to all for their thoughts about the syrupy mess I have. I believe that I am going to opt to try Bunky's and see what they may charge. If over $30 I will instead do it myself.

And to those who believe it served us Pepsi drinkers right, my story was not entirely correct as it was not a Pepsi can but rather a Coke can. I am a Pepsi drinker by nature, but from time to time I will "stray" and try the others. I suppose the fates were telling me to stick with what I know best... in this case Pepsi.

But to make up for my goof, years ago when living in Reno, I did have a 12 pack of pepsi in the back of the car on one sunny and hot summer day. And yeppers, a few of those cans blew up as well. Thankfully however, the cans were confined to the box and all I had to clean up was a box with a wet bottom and a few sticky cans! :))
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 13th, 2009, 2:17 pm

knights68 wrote: And to those who believe it served us Pepsi drinkers right, my story was not entirely correct as it was not a Pepsi can but rather a Coke can. I am a Pepsi drinker by nature, but from time to time I will "stray" and try the others. I suppose the fates were telling me to stick with what I know best... in this case Pepsi.
I think the fates were telling you that Pepsi drinkers get what's coming to them. ;)
Seriously, sorry about your sticky mess, and best of luck getting it cleaned up.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 13th, 2009, 2:58 pm

wilson wrote:
windsor wrote: I do not drink Pepsi. I know people who drink Pepsi and accomidated them for the 4th of July Party. :D
The proper response would have been to love the sinner and hate the sin. I don't care if Jesus himself walks through the door and asks for a Pepsi; he's not getting one from me.
What do you do if Jesus bingoes you in Scrabble? ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 13th, 2009, 3:18 pm

Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:
Offers him a coke?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 13th, 2009, 4:35 pm

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote: The proper response would have been to love the sinner and hate the sin. I don't care if Jesus himself walks through the door and asks for a Pepsi; he's not getting one from me.
Offers him a coke?
I think there's a crucifixion joke lurking here somewhere, but I can't quite find it, and I'm virtually positive it would be wildly inappropriate anyway.
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » August 13th, 2009, 6:30 pm

wilson wrote:
Not to start a Pepsi vs. Coke argument, but Pepsi is definitely better than Coke. :D
New Bern.
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 13th, 2009, 6:37 pm

CellR wrote:
wilson wrote:
Not to start a Pepsi vs. Coke argument, but Pepsi is definitely better than Coke. :D
New Bern.
It's better than Coke in the rest of the country, too. :D
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 13th, 2009, 6:40 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CellR wrote:
wilson wrote: Once again, I will say that this is what you people get for drinking Pepsi.
New Bern.
Haha yeah, I was just pointing out where I live.
Class of 2014
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 13th, 2009, 6:45 pm

CellR wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CellR wrote: Not to start a Pepsi vs. Coke argument, but Pepsi is definitely better than Coke. :D
New Bern.
Haha yeah, I was just pointing out where I live.
Any righteous Pepsi drinker knows the significance of New Bern!