Prayers needed

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Sue71
Graduate Student at PWing school

Prayers needed

Post by Sue71 » August 8th, 2009, 1:49 am

I wanted to name this thread Life Is Shit. I backed off of that.

I wanted to post this in the Life is NOT Good... thread. I backed off of that.

I'm not religious, yet I'm asking for your prayers.

Fuck 2009, I'm over it. Bring on 2010.

My dad had a heart attack 2 nights ago. My parents were visiting their best friends in NJ, and that's when it happened. Wednesday night. He had a catheterization this morning and were supposed to do an angioplasty but instead saw 3 major blockages. So he'll be having triple bypass surgery on Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to NJ on Sunday or Monday. My initial plans are to stay a week, but who knows.

Please keep Uncle Yucky (for those that remember that story) in your thoughts & prayers. I won't be around much for a while but will try to post an update here or there (perhaps via a good samaritan, hint hint, you guys know who you are).

So basically, life is shit right now. I'm ready for 2010. It can't be much worse than 2009.

Special thanks to DD, who told me stories of Rt. 70 to Smithfield, ziti, & basketballs while playing long distance dial-a-cardiologist/psychologist. You can ask him for details. ;) And to DD & the rest of the crew for making sure I'm still in one piece. You know who you are. :ymhug:
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.
DevilAlumna

Re: Prayers needed

Post by DevilAlumna » August 8th, 2009, 2:02 am

Oh, Sue. I'm so sorry.

I was wondering where you were last night, hoping for my fellow left coaster to join me, thinking you were maybe out doing one of your normal, fun-sounding LA things like a SYTYCD final taping or something. I bet you would have rather been doing something like that instead too. : (

Man, that's rough. I don't know what to say other than, of course your father will be in my prayers, as well as you and your mom, and your dad's health care providers.

{{{vibes}}} and an extra dose of :ymhug: to you.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 8th, 2009, 2:10 am

And for those who don't know the story of Uncle Yucky (and his fabulous license plates):

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/for ... post212290
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 8th, 2009, 3:08 am

Sue71 wrote:I wanted to name this thread Life Is Shit. I backed off of that.

My dad had a heart attack 2 nights ago. My parents were visiting their best friends in NJ, and that's when it happened. Wednesday night. He had a catheterization this morning and were supposed to do an angioplasty but instead saw 3 major blockages. So he'll be having triple bypass surgery on Monday or Tuesday. I'm going to NJ on Sunday or Monday. My initial plans are to stay a week, but who knows.

Please keep Uncle Yucky (for those that remember that story) in your thoughts & prayers. I won't be around much for a while but will try to post an update here or there (perhaps via a good samaritan, hint hint, you guys know who you are).

So basically, life is shit right now. I'm ready for 2010. It can't be much worse than 2009.

Special thanks to DD, who told me stories of Rt. 70 to Smithfield, ziti, & basketballs while playing long distance dial-a-cardiologist/psychologist. You can ask him for details. ;) And to DD & the rest of the crew for making sure I'm still in one piece. You know who you are. :ymhug:
My thoughts are with you and your family. And, although I know it is almost impossible not to, try not to worry too much about the surgery. My Dad had a triple bypass about twenty years ago and, other than having a pacemaker put in a couple of years ago, has been absolutely fine since his surgery. The techniques used now will be more advanced than they were twenty years ago so have faith that they do these surgeries all the time and have become very very good at them.

And I agree, this year has pretty much sucked - bring on 2010 already.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 8th, 2009, 7:33 am

Prayers and vibes are now officially flying in your direction, sis!!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 8th, 2009, 7:45 am

Vibes and healing thoughts headed your way - and mighty hugs too.
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 8th, 2009, 9:15 am

We're thinking about you Sue.
-- DukeUsul
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 8th, 2009, 9:16 am

I'll be carrying Uncle Yucky in my thoughts all day.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 8th, 2009, 10:51 am

You and your family are in my thoughts, Sue. Wishing a speedy recovery for your dad.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 8th, 2009, 10:54 am

My issues are too pale to compare. I'm praying for you and your family.
:ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:
%%- @};- %%- @};- %%- @};- %%- @};- %%- @};- %%- @};- %%- @};-
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 8th, 2009, 11:14 am

Vibes to you and your dad Sue. 2010 HAS to be better for you.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 8th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Sue, I'm praying for you and Uncle Yucky, your mom, the medical team, and all of those who love your dad so much.

Big hugs to you, my friend!

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2009, 1:53 pm

Sue, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Prayers, vibes, and best wishes are coming your way from St. Louis.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 8th, 2009, 2:51 pm

Sue71 wrote:I wanted to name this thread Life Is Shit. I backed off of that.

Done. But you knew that already. Call any time. Well, almost any time.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 9th, 2009, 1:59 am

Sue,

You are in my prayers along with your Dad, Mom, and all the staff at the hospital. I know the waiting is difficult but he is in the right place with professionals watching over him.

Have a safe trip. Your parents will be glad to see you.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Here are a few more hugs to help you through the next few days. Holler when you need more.
Life is good!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 9th, 2009, 6:44 am

Oh, god, that's so terrible, Sue, I'm so sorry. Lots of prayers and thoughts and vibes to your dad and you and the whole family. We're going to mass this morning, and I'll be sure to send LOTS your way. Luckily, he got to the hospital in time. With cardiac medicine where it is today, he has really good odds of being okay. And believe me, it COULD be worse. My wife dad had some REAL problems the last few years. He rolled his tractor over on himself, suffered broken ribs, a collapsed lung, and ALL kinds of other problems. Eight months later, he had a massive heart attack and had to have angioplasty and stents and whatnot. THEN, about a year later, he crashed his tractor again and got hurt pretty bad (problem is, he bought a "new" used tractor with a much narrower wheel base that's supposed to be a better performer, but apparently the wheel base is TOO narrow, cause he keeps flipping it when he gets sideways on hills). THEN he had to go back to the ER cause he thought he was having another heart attack. Turns out it was just some complication brought on by his COPD and apnea cause he wouldn't give up smoking. Yeah, 2007 and 2008 were pretty awful years for my wife and her dad. He needs a frequent visitor card for the local emergency room.

Anyway, just letting you know you're not alone, and we'll be sending you all the vibes and prayers we can, especially since we know what you're going through.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

:ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray:

Plus, I'll loan you a little Irish luck!

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 9th, 2009, 8:15 am

Sue,

Still keeping you and your family in my thoughts...sending major vibes your way....along with some more hugs
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 9th, 2009, 8:50 am

Vibes and hugs from the Ozzie's house. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}] :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 9th, 2009, 9:01 am

Vibes from YBT and Grant and Kelly.
Sue71

Post by Sue71 » August 9th, 2009, 12:09 pm

I fly on a redeye tonight (was able to upgrade the first leg to first class, thank goodness... working on the connection now).

Surgery should be Tues- have to be off Plavix for 5-7 days before surgery hence the delay. Major artery #1 is 70-80% blocked. Major artery #2 is 100% blocked. Small artery is also blocked.

He's been bitching about not being able to have salt on his bland chicken. Haha cardiac diet. He's also been holding court, so to speak, with all the visitors he's had. No one really thought this many people liked him. ;)

I have a headache.

Edit: Duh, thanks for all your thoughts, prayers, & vibes! I don't know how I could forget that.
You don't walk the plank in NJ. You just disappear. Forever.