Prayers and vibes please

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Prayers and vibes please

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 17th, 2017, 9:01 pm

Things are not good for my brother. Jimmy got out of ICU today. he is on steroids to fight an unidentified lung infection. He is being feed with an IV. Eatiing makes him caugh. His oxygen level has been increased from two to six. Shirley is still in rehab because there is no one at home to care for her. My niece knows I will come when needed. Karen feels the longer she can delay Shirley coming home the better. I believe Shirley, after settling in at home, will be able to maintain . In my heart, I don't think he is long for this world. I pray I am wrong. I'm hurting but hanging in.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Prayers and vibes please

Post by YmoBeThere » February 18th, 2017, 6:07 am

Vibes from here in the Longhorn state, VDB.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 18th, 2017, 7:08 am

VDB - Hugs, hugs, hugs. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
:ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 18th, 2017, 8:02 am

VDB, hugs and prayers and many vibes for your family, and of course for you. We all love you.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 18th, 2017, 8:57 am

So hard. So hard. I'm sorry, VDB. I have you front and center on my vibe list. Hang in there, darlin' !t's so hard when there's nothing you can do but wait.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 18th, 2017, 10:44 am

I'm sorry the news on Jimmy isn't better. Prayers and hugs and vibes from Kansas for the whole bunch of you and for the medical teams. We are here for you.

:YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard:
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 18th, 2017, 11:31 am

Sending lots of prayers and vibes from the sandbar in the gulf!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » February 18th, 2017, 6:08 pm

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 18th, 2017, 7:47 pm

Thanks o all of you. It means a lot. :ymhug:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 19th, 2017, 8:40 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Thanks o all of you. It means a lot. :ymhug:
I know it does, having been a vibe recipient in the past. It sure helps one feel not so alone. Just take it one hour, minute, day at a time.
Love, Ima
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 19th, 2017, 9:05 am

I'm praying for Jimmy and Shirley and for YOU, VDB! :ymhug:

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » February 20th, 2017, 8:45 am

Vibes hugs & prayers for all of you! :wizard: :ymhug: :pray:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 22nd, 2017, 5:20 pm

Prayers and vibes seem to be working. I went to Richmond yesterday to see both of them. The NG tube has been removed. He is eating very small amounts of food. Anything liquid has be be thickened. They mix a powder to make it so. Aspiration is still a major concern. Jimmy is so week. They are hoping to move him to skilled nursing soon. This is not supposed to be preeminent. We can hope. His room mate is a pain. He never shuts up and keeps his tv loud. He has company every day starting around 4:00 until 8:00. Four of them. They got there before I left. They were so loud, Jimmy and I had to stop talking. I did ask the nurse to request they keep it down. It helped a little. I went to see Shirley after I left. Her sprites are pretty good. She is on a diabetic diet. Her dinner last night was brown beans. Mac and cheese and a small helping of turnip greens. That's just sorry. The day before yesterday. Shirley had to have tubes in her ears. She ha s been going through this for about 10 years. She was giving drops for her ears to fight infection. They were not giving them to her because the pharmacy did not specify how many drops. I guess it was s not their job duty to call th e pharmacy. Niece Karen was to handle that. The whole thing is sad. Thanks to all of you agaIn for your prayers r s and vibes. They help all of us so much. :ymhug:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 23rd, 2017, 1:59 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Prayers and vibes seem to be working. I went to Richmond yesterday to see both of them. The NG tube has been removed. He is eating very small amounts of food. Anything liquid has be be thickened. They mix a powder to make it so. Aspiration is still a major concern. Jimmy is so week. They are hoping to move him to skilled nursing soon. This is not supposed to be preeminent. We can hope. His room mate is a pain. He never shuts up and keeps his tv loud. He has company every day starting around 4:00 until 8:00. Four of them. They got there before I left. They were so loud, Jimmy and I had to stop talking. I did ask the nurse to request they keep it down. It helped a little. I went to see Shirley after I left. Her sprites are pretty good. She is on a diabetic diet. Her dinner last night was brown beans. Mac and cheese and a small helping of turnip greens. That's just sorry. The day before yesterday. Shirley had to have tubes in her ears. She ha s been going through this for about 10 years. She was giving drops for her ears to fight infection. They were not giving them to her because the pharmacy did not specify how many drops. I guess it was s not their job duty to call th e pharmacy. Niece Karen was to handle that. The whole thing is sad. Thanks to all of you agaIn for your prayers r s and vibes. They help all of us so much. :ymhug:
You know, we celebrate acts of heroism all the time -- people finding enough adrenalin to lift cars off of people or run into burning buildings, etc. But, I believe the real heroes are those who embark on long-sustained and exhausting missions and ever give up, no matter how hopeless the cause. That's real bravery and love. There should be medals for that!!
Love, Ima
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 24th, 2017, 8:08 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Prayers and vibes seem to be working. I went to Richmond yesterday to see both of them. The NG tube has been removed. He is eating very small amounts of food. Anything liquid has be be thickened. They mix a powder to make it so. Aspiration is still a major concern. Jimmy is so week. They are hoping to move him to skilled nursing soon. This is not supposed to be preeminent. We can hope. His room mate is a pain. He never shuts up and keeps his tv loud. He has company every day starting around 4:00 until 8:00. Four of them. They got there before I left. They were so loud, Jimmy and I had to stop talking. I did ask the nurse to request they keep it down. It helped a little. I went to see Shirley after I left. Her sprites are pretty good. She is on a diabetic diet. Her dinner last night was brown beans. Mac and cheese and a small helping of turnip greens. That's just sorry. The day before yesterday. Shirley had to have tubes in her ears. She ha s been going through this for about 10 years. She was giving drops for her ears to fight infection. They were not giving them to her because the pharmacy did not specify how many drops. I guess it was s not their job duty to call th e pharmacy. Niece Karen was to handle that. The whole thing is sad. Thanks to all of you agaIn for your prayers r s and vibes. They help all of us so much. :ymhug:
You know, we celebrate acts of heroism all the time -- people finding enough adrenalin to lift cars off of people or run into burning buildings, etc. But, I believe the real heroes are those who embark on long-sustained and exhausting missions and ever give up, no matter how hopeless the cause. That's real bravery and love. There should be medals for that!!
Love, Ima
I agree with Ima, 110%. Vibes ti Jimmy and Shirley.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 25th, 2017, 6:32 am

Jimmy did not go to rehab yesterday. He was too dizzy. What has been an ongoing problem. It's has d telling what will happen. :(
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 7th, 2017, 7:43 am

Jimmy has been in rehab almost a week. He seems to be doing better. Shirley is going home Friday and I will be there.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 7th, 2017, 9:18 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:Jimmy has been in rehab almost a week. He seems to be doing better. Shirley is going home Friday and I will be there.
Great! They must have figured out why he was so dizzy. Blood pressure? Meds?
Will you stay there to help them long? Busy time for you with your garden to get in the ground. How's Bud doing. Back to his frisky self?
Love, Ima
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 8th, 2017, 7:47 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Jimmy has been in rehab almost a week. He seems to be doing better. Shirley is going home Friday and I will be there.
Great! They must have figured out why he was so dizzy. Blood pressure? Meds?
Will you stay there to help them long? Busy time for you with your garden to get in the ground. How's Bud doing. Back to his frisky self?
Love, Ima
The dizziness is better and it was a med. I will be staying for a week. I will cook a lot and freezing. Home health is going to be coming, also the two sisters that took care of Shirley's mother. We are not going to have much of a garden his year. Bud is having his hip replaced in April.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » March 8th, 2017, 7:52 am

FWIW, of all the parts the OP has had replaced, the hip was by far the easiest!
Love, Ima