2016 Madagascar Chronicles with Lavabe

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

2016 Madagascar Chronicles with Lavabe

Post by Lavabe » May 29th, 2016, 2:24 pm

I'm over here again after a six-year hiatus. Here is what I will be doing:
1) Trying to record behavioral observations of a threatened population of crowned lemurs and Sanford's lemurs.
2) Perhaps taking in a few pineapple Fantas.
3) Perhaps commenting about life from afar.
4) Steadily declining in NASCAR fantasy league.
5) Missing pop-tarts.

Hey... and even commenting about Madagascar Three Horses Beer! :9f: :9f: :9f:
Cheers,
Lavabe
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: 2016 Madagascar Chronicles with Lavabe

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » May 29th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Can't believe it's been six years since you were there. I look forward to reading about your newest adventure! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 29th, 2016, 7:09 pm

I can't believe it's been six years, either! Looking forward to your updates! :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 30th, 2016, 11:50 am

I've been enjoying the pics on FB.

I'm sure your friends over there are happy to see you!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » June 1st, 2016, 8:57 am

I too enjoy your pix on FB! Look forward to hearing/seeing more pix! Enjoy your time!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 1st, 2016, 6:07 pm

Like all the others, I a also looking forward to your post. I really enjoyed them last time. Stay safe. Enjoy. :ymhug:
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 7th, 2016, 6:36 am

8kg in 7 days of surveying... that's 17.6 lbs.
Umm, that's no joke. That's just how physical this work has been. It always happens when I survey (go into forests and count lemurs), as we are often going to remote areas that require that we buy and eat local. And the physical work is long distance hiking. Go climb a mountain/hill trail, then descend and walk long distances in open, hot plains.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 7th, 2016, 9:22 am

Lavabe wrote:8kg in 7 days of surveying... that's 17.6 lbs.
Umm, that's no joke. That's just how physical this work has been. It always happens when I survey (go into forests and count lemurs), as we are often going to remote areas that require that we buy and eat local. And the physical work is long distance hiking. Go climb a mountain/hill trail, then descend and walk long distances in open, hot plains.

I see your own TV show and weight loss plan. You could make millions. Eco tourism for pudge balls.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 7th, 2016, 6:13 pm

windsor wrote:

I see your own TV show and weight loss plan. You could make millions. Eco tourism for pudge balls.
As I recall, there were a few of us that requested this the last time he went. Weight loss and an opportunity to visit another country and truly see their culture - sounds good to me.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 8th, 2016, 8:36 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
windsor wrote:

As I recall, there were a few of us that requested this the last time he went. Weight loss and an opportunity to visit another country and truly see their culture - sounds good to me.
Yep. This.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 8th, 2016, 11:42 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
windsor wrote:

Yessssssss! I want to go on a trip like this.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 8th, 2016, 12:40 pm

This sounds like a great CTN Biggest Loser trip! Great scenery, local food, all for a good cause.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 10th, 2016, 11:25 am

Unfortunately, I am not in the woods right now, as I had to get a wound under one of my toenails cleaned up. Good news is that it is not a fungus, and I should be okay to hike in 2-3 days.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » June 27th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Back from the woods for the first time in a couple of weeks. Boat ride today was an adventure... not looking forward to the next one. Imagine being in open seas crammed into a wooden boat the size of a motor boat, with just some stinkin' evenruud motor puttering away going against 40 mph trade winds. Adventures in rides that will never appear in Disney... but hey, all is okay. Health is fine.