2016 Schedule

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

2016 Schedule

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 26th, 2016, 6:10 pm

Much, Much, Much better. (Except the Thursday night game vs unc, but for the home viewer and national audience, that's pretty cool.)

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml? ... EASON=2016

For tailgating, this means 2 per month instead of last year's front loaded and hot September.
There are no patsies on this schedule (except NCCU), in fact, the majority of the games you could say we are the underdogs.
LGD
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: 2016 Schedule

Post by devildeac » January 26th, 2016, 7:39 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Much, Much, Much better. (Except the Thursday night game vs unc, but for the home viewer and national audience, that's pretty cool.)

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml? ... EASON=2016

For tailgating, this means 2 per month instead of last year's front loaded and hot September.
There are no patsies on this schedule (except NCCU), in fact, the majority of the games you could say we are the underdogs.
LGD
And you can about bet your ass the 9/10 WFU game will be a nooner X( .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » January 27th, 2016, 5:56 am

Exciting to receive the 2016 Schedule in Email!!!!!

:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » January 30th, 2016, 11:13 am

Way too early thoughts on the schedule. In other words, I retain the right to change my narrative as winter transitions to spring and spring transitions to summer and summer transitions to football season. I'm going back and forth between predicting 8-4/7-5 for the regular season:

Wins: NCCU, Wake Forest, Army

Toss ups: Northwestern, Virginia, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh

Losses: Notre Dame, North Carolina, Miami

We should have beaten Northwestern last year so I'll say we win that toss up game for win #4 plus I like us over the Techs for #5 and #6. Virginia has a lot of talent and a new coach so they probably beat us but we will win either Louisville or Pittsburgh game for win #7. To get to eight, we are going to have to beat the cheats or get some revenge against Miami. I'm thinking Carolina could arrive at Wallace Wade Stadium overconfident based on the shellacking they laid on us the last two years. Plus QB Marquise Williams is gone and he seemed to be super motivated to beat Duke. Mitch Trubisky is just as talented but lacks the swagger of Williams. It would be nice if a couple of their wide receivers flunked out of school or fell down and broke their necks or something like that.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 30th, 2016, 12:43 pm

Bob Green wrote:Way too early thoughts on the schedule. In other words, I retain the right to change my narrative as winter transitions to spring and spring transitions to summer and summer transitions to football season. I'm going back and forth between predicting 8-4/7-5 for the regular season:

Wins: NCCU, Wake Forest, Army

Toss ups: Northwestern, Virginia, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh

Losses: Notre Dame, North Carolina, Miami

We should have beaten Northwestern last year so I'll say we win that toss up game for win #4 plus I like us over the Techs for #5 and #6. Virginia has a lot of talent and a new coach so they probably beat us but we will win either Louisville or Pittsburgh game for win #7. To get to eight, we are going to have to beat the cheats or get some revenge against Miami. I'm thinking Carolina could arrive at Wallace Wade Stadium overconfident based on the shellacking they laid on us the last two years. Plus QB Marquise Williams is gone and he seemed to be super motivated to beat Duke. Mitch Trubisky is just as talented but lacks the swagger of Williams. It would be nice if a couple of their wide receivers flunked out of school or fell down and broke their necks or something like that.
Shame on you, Bob, wishing injuries to an opponent, oh wait, never mind, it's the damned cheating bastards you're talking about so I hope it's body casts for all of them because you know sure as hell they won't flunk any starters out of school. 8-|

:ymblushing:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 9th, 2016, 1:52 pm

Putting this here since it is 2016. ;)

For those that missed it, or want to watch again, the Spring game was on ESPN3 today.
http://espn.go.com/watchespn/index/_/id ... pring-game

The first hour is lots of drills as you would expect to see in a practice. Coach Cut spent a good amount of time talking to Dave Harding (who did a fine job broadcasting the event). Other folks of mention that were interviewed were Thomas Sirk, Max McCaffrey and Eron Riley (via phone I think).

The scrimmage was good to watch; I really hope that Sirk is correct in saying that his rehab is going really well, because it is obvious that the guys behind Boehme aren't ready yet. True, they have months before the season starts, but there was a noticeable drop (literally and figuratively) in both Jones and Harris at backup.

Borders was fun to watch; the defense as a whole looks promising...lots of young guys are obviously hungry to make their marks.

Nice to see Nico Pierre getting reps at RB, even though he didn't do much with them. In fact, I didn't see any flashes of brilliance from anyone in the ground game, so hopefully that is a sign of the defense being familiar with what's coming their way vs inability to actually run.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » May 19th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Game times we know:

http://www.theacc.com/page/2016-acc-foo ... grid-style

Sept 3: NCCU 6 pm (ESPN3)
Sept 10: Wake Forest 3:30 pm (ESPNU)
Sept 24: @ Notre Dame 3:30 pm (NBC)
Oct 14: @ Louisville 7 pm (ESPN) - this is a Friday night game
Nov 12: North Carolina 7:30 pm (ESPN) - this is a Thursday night game

So we know the times for three of six home games and there are no 12 noon starts.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » June 7th, 2016, 5:28 pm

Sept. 17 @Northwestern 8 pm Big Ten Network
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 8th, 2016, 9:32 am

Bob Green wrote:Sept. 17 @Northwestern 8 pm Big Ten Network
That is going to be an important game to pick up a W in. Doing it in prime time would be excellent. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » June 8th, 2016, 9:53 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Bob Green wrote:Sept. 17 @Northwestern 8 pm Big Ten Network
That is going to be an important game to pick up a W in. Doing it in prime time would be excellent. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
We will be in Evanston cheering the Blue Devils to a victory (we hope).
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2016, 9:44 am

Depending on what discipline (if any) ND decides to take, this could affect our game on the 24th.
Senior safety Max Redfield, redshirt freshman cornerback Ashton White, freshman wide receiver Kevin Stepherson, sophomore running back Dexter Williams and sophomore linebacker Te'von Coney were each charged with possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor. Redfield, Stepherson and Williams were also charged with possession of a handgun without a license.
A 6th player was arrested Saturday morning in a separate incident.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ijuana-car
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 20th, 2016, 3:35 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Depending on what discipline (if any) ND decides to take, this could affect our game on the 24th.
Senior safety Max Redfield, redshirt freshman cornerback Ashton White, freshman wide receiver Kevin Stepherson, sophomore running back Dexter Williams and sophomore linebacker Te'von Coney were each charged with possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor. Redfield, Stepherson and Williams were also charged with possession of a handgun without a license.
A 6th player was arrested Saturday morning in a separate incident.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ijuana-car
My guess is a 2 week vacation for the miscreants and no restaurant choices for a month. 8-|