A New Prayer/Vibe Request - actually two of them

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

A New Prayer/Vibe Request - actually two of them

Post by DukieInKansas » October 27th, 2015, 5:36 pm

Just over a month ago, a friend of my brother-in-law was hit early in the morning as he commuted to work via bicycle. The driver did not stop. Fortunately, there were witnesses that did stop and call for help. Steve had been transferred to rehab but had to be re-admitted to the hospital. It has been a very rough start to the week (understatement). Steve is responding - squeezing hands and moving toes - but has a very long and difficult road in front of him. If you could send healing prayers and vibes to Steve and strength and comforting prayers to his wife Vicki and their three adult sons, it would be most appreciated.

Steve is an avid cyclist - he road solo to San Francisco last year (4 week trip), did the MS150 for 18 years, RAGBRAI, Ride the Rockies, etc. Vicki is taking time off work to spend with him - so they are down 2 incomes. It is going to be a rough road.

They did find the suspected hit and run driver but I haven't heard about any charges.

As long as you are praying and vibing - please add the family and friends of my cousin Jeff. He unexpectedly took his life last week. His youngest is just 14.

Thanks.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: A New Prayer/Vibe Request - actually two of them

Post by windsor » October 27th, 2015, 5:44 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Just over a month ago, a friend of my brother-in-law was hit early in the morning as he commuted to work via bicycle. The driver did not stop. Fortunately, there were witnesses that did stop and call for help. Steve had been transferred to rehab but had to be re-admitted to the hospital. It has been a very rough start to the week (understatement). Steve is responding - squeezing hands and moving toes - but has a very long and difficult road in front of him. If you could send healing prayers and vibes to Steve and strength and comforting prayers to his wife Vicki and their three adult sons, it would be most appreciated.

Steve is an avid cyclist - he road solo to San Francisco last year (4 week trip), did the MS150 for 18 years, RAGBRAI, Ride the Rockies, etc. Vicki is taking time off work to spend with him - so they are down 2 incomes. It is going to be a rough road.

They did find the suspected hit and run driver but I haven't heard about any charges.

As long as you are praying and vibing - please add the family and friends of my cousin Jeff. He unexpectedly took his life last week. His youngest is just 14.

Thanks.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Heartfelt healing vibes to both!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 27th, 2015, 5:48 pm

I'm praying for Steve and his medical team and for your cousin Jeff's family. (((HUGS))) to you, DinK!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 27th, 2015, 7:37 pm

Prayers for Steve and Vicki, and for Jeff's family.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 27th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Sending lots of prayers and vibes. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 28th, 2015, 5:56 am

Sending thoughts,prayers, vibes, and hugs to Steve and Vicki, Jeff's family, and you, DinK.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 28th, 2015, 12:11 pm

Thank you, everyone, for all the prayers and vibes. I know they are felt.
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » October 28th, 2015, 12:44 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( <3 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » October 29th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Continued Prayers and Vibes
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 30th, 2015, 12:38 am

A little late to the party. I've not been on line in a while. So sorry to hear about all this bad stuff, Dink. I'm kicking in vibes and trying to catch up! Holding you all (and that 14 year old especially) in my heart.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 30th, 2015, 1:16 am

Thanks for all the prayers and vibes. I know they are felt and appreciated.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » October 30th, 2015, 5:46 am

Vibes from Texas. I worry every time I see a cyclist. Many drivers just won't share the road.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 30th, 2015, 8:31 am

Prayers & vibes from Iowa!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 30th, 2015, 10:12 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Vibes from Texas. I worry every time I see a cyclist. Many drivers just won't share the road.
Very true. Basically, everyone should treat a bicycle as if it were a car. If you wouldn't pass the car and turn in front of it, don't do it to a bicycle. And cyclists need to remember to ride like they are a car - obey the rules of the road such as stopping at stop signs and red lights. I figure if a cyclist annoys me, and I ride, how annoying are they to non-cyclists in a car? (rant over)
Life is good!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » November 2nd, 2015, 8:17 pm

Any news to update DinK? We're all still vibing.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » November 4th, 2015, 10:32 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Any news to update DinK? We're all still vibing.
Love, Ima

Steve is making slow progress. They are trying to wean him off the ventilator and the meds. Thank you for asking and for the continued prayers. They know people are praying all across the country and it helps.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » November 24th, 2015, 10:50 am

Thought I would pass along an update on Steve.

He has made progress but still has a long road. He went from having surgery in the hopes to keep him alive long enough for one of his sons to arrive to starting to breath on his own and sit up. He has a trach but they are weaning him off that and hope to have it capped by next week. Then he will be able to talk. Yesterday, he was able to sit on the edge of his bed for 15 minutes. It may not sound like much, but it is a huge step!

Thank you for all your prayers and vibes. Please keep them going when you have a chance. I know Steve and Vicki appreciate them. It is amazing how so many things have gone right - from having RN friends with the knowledge to help them navigate the waters to having attorneys working to be sure the driver's insurance covers the medical bills to having strangers pray for them. What a wonderful world!
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 24th, 2015, 6:03 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Just over a month ago, a friend of my brother-in-law was hit early in the morning as he commuted to work via bicycle. The driver did not stop. Fortunately, there were witnesses that did stop and call for help. Steve had been transferred to rehab but had to be re-admitted to the hospital. It has been a very rough start to the week (understatement). Steve is responding - squeezing hands and moving toes - but has a very long and difficult road in front of him. If you could send healing prayers and vibes to Steve and strength and comforting prayers to his wife Vicki and their three adult sons, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Many prayers and vibes from Efland. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » November 25th, 2015, 5:55 am

This is so good to hear, DinK! Continued vibes and prayers from Raleigh!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » November 25th, 2015, 10:01 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Thought I would pass along an update on Steve.

He has made progress but still has a long road. He went from having surgery in the hopes to keep him alive long enough for one of his sons to arrive to starting to breath on his own and sit up. He has a trach but they are weaning him off that and hope to have it capped by next week. Then he will be able to talk. Yesterday, he was able to sit on the edge of his bed for 15 minutes. It may not sound like much, but it is a huge step!

Thank you for all your prayers and vibes. Please keep them going when you have a chance. I know Steve and Vicki appreciate them. It is amazing how so many things have gone right - from having RN friends with the knowledge to help them navigate the waters to having attorneys working to be sure the driver's insurance covers the medical bills to having strangers pray for them. What a wonderful world!
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Keeping the vibes rolling!!!