Countdown to Football

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Countdown to Football

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 29th, 2009, 11:57 pm

As of today (July 29), it's 37 days until the first game of the 2009 season. Recent interviews with Coach Cutcliffe and Duke players Vince Oghobaasee and Thad Lewis offer much to look forward to this year. Continuity of the coaching staff and offensive program are essential elements to a successful season.

There's still time to buy tickets.... season's tickets or mini packs. Are you ready for some football? I am!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Countdown to Football

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 30th, 2009, 2:21 am

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO READY!!!!
I'm dying to see Devil's Alley for the first time, I'm dying to see all of the brunchgaters again, but mostly I'm dying to don my cat-in-the-hat hat and yell like hell in the poor person's ear who is sitting in front of me. WOOOOOHOOOOO. This is gonna be a good year, and fun. And filling. I'm hungry already, fire up the grill TNT!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 30th, 2009, 8:13 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:As of today (July 29), it's 37 days until the first game of the 2009 season. Recent interviews with Coach Cutcliffe and Duke players Vince Oghobaasee and Thad Lewis offer much to look forward to this year. Continuity of the coaching staff and offensive program are essential elements to a successful season.

There's still time to buy tickets.... season's tickets or mini packs. Are you ready for some football? I am!
That's not far off at all. Less than 6 weeks. We're getting started tonight by attending the Coach Cut road show in Raleigh. I can hardly wait.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 30th, 2009, 8:15 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO READY!!!!
I'm dying to see Devil's Alley for the first time, I'm dying to see all of the brunchgaters again, but mostly I'm dying to don my cat-in-the-hat hat and yell like hell in the poor person's ear who is sitting in front of me. WOOOOOHOOOOO. This is gonna be a good year, and fun. And filling. I'm hungry already, fire up the grill TNT!
I'm ALMOST ready to start planning the 1st Brunchgate menu... :oops: :roll: :D

TNTDevil, where are you?

Ozzie, are they gonna have that tent ready?
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 30th, 2009, 9:03 pm

devildeac wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:As of today (July 29), it's 37 days until the first game of the 2009 season. Recent interviews with Coach Cutcliffe and Duke players Vince Oghobaasee and Thad Lewis offer much to look forward to this year. Continuity of the coaching staff and offensive program are essential elements to a successful season.

That's not far off at all. Less than 6 weeks. We're getting started tonight by attending the Coach Cut road show in Raleigh. I can hardly wait.
One day gone in the countdown.

How was the evening with Coach Cutcliffe?
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 30th, 2009, 9:50 pm

DitBD, I'm having a football party on Sept 19th, I hope you can come. I'll resurrect the thread on the other board as the day grows closer.
I worship the Blue Devil!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 30th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Excellent. He is even more excited this year than he was last year. He is really expecting a lot from Lewis and Boyette, said Vinnie Ray shoulda been 1st team pre-season all ACC and said our running game will be better, our secondary improved and our kicking game superior to last year. We are a bit shy on depth on the OL and on DB/CB but both have improved. Loves his staff, Kevin White and the support he has received from the fans and the university. There are about 100 seats in the ladies rest rooms and they are nicer than most people have in their houses. He cautioned the women not to spend too much time in them however as Duke would be scoring in bunches when they were gone. :)) :)) He does not expect to be competitive, he expects to win. They recruit 365 days a year and will recruit everywhere, especially in NC. The theme this year is four F's: Faith, family, future and football, in that order. He believes the first three are important/integral to the dedication and completion of #4 and values football more than a couple other F's like friends and fraternities. He did not mention 9F or any other F's :oops: :roll: ;) :)) =)) .
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 30th, 2009, 10:54 pm

devildeac wrote:... He did not mention 9F or any other F's :oops: :roll: ;) :)) =)) .
From this, are we to understand that he knows the definition of 9F? :-\
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 30th, 2009, 10:57 pm

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:That's not far off at all. Less than 6 weeks. We're getting started tonight by attending the Coach Cut road show in Raleigh. I can hardly wait.

Excellent. He is even more excited this year than he was last year. He is really expecting a lot from Lewis and Boyette, said Vinnie Ray shoulda been 1st team pre-season all ACC and said our running game will be better, our secondary improved and our kicking game superior to last year. We are a bit shy on depth on the OL and on DB/CB but both have improved. Loves his staff, Kevin White and the support he has received from the fans and the university. There are about 100 seats in the ladies rest rooms and they are nicer than most people have in their houses. He cautioned the women not to spend too much time in them however as Duke would be scoring in bunches when they were gone. :)) :)) He does not expect to be competitive, he expects to win. They recruit 365 days a year and will recruit everywhere, especially in NC. The theme this year is four F's: Faith, family, future and football, in that order. He believes the first three are important/integral to the dedication and completion of #4 and values football more than a couple other F's like friends and fraternities. He did not mention 9F or any other F's :oops: :roll: ;) :)) =)) .
I'll bet he's saving the other F's for later in the season!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 30th, 2009, 10:59 pm

captmojo wrote:
devildeac wrote:... He did not mention 9F or any other F's :oops: :roll: ;) :)) =)) .
I know that he does.... heard it from the man himself. :ymdevil:
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » July 30th, 2009, 11:01 pm

TillyGalore wrote:DitBD, I'm having a football party on Sept 19th, I hope you can come. I'll resurrect the thread on the other board as the day grows closer.
Keep me posted!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2009, 8:06 am

captmojo wrote:
Not necessarily. :oops:
But, on reliable source (well, it was Ozzie so take that for what it's worth ;) ), he sure as heck knows GTHC!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 31st, 2009, 8:12 am

devildeac wrote:
devildeac wrote:That's not far off at all. Less than 6 weeks. We're getting started tonight by attending the Coach Cut road show in Raleigh. I can hardly wait.
I'll bet he's saving the other F's for later in the season!
He did mention those and anticipated they would commence just about the same time that practice for the season started on August 6. :oops: :))
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 1st, 2009, 9:39 am

Today is Saturday, August 1.... only four Saturday's between today and the first football game!

There is so much to be excited about this season..... improvements continue with the team, the atmosphere and the facilities. What a great way to spend a Saturday!

GO DUKE! :ymparty:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 1st, 2009, 9:45 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Today is Saturday, August 1.... only four Saturday's between today and the first football game!

There is so much to be excited about this season..... improvements continue with the team, the atmosphere and the facilities. What a great way to spend a Saturday!

GO DUKE! :ymparty:
:-o :D :D :D :D :D :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty: :-bd :-bd
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 1st, 2009, 9:42 pm

I get so giddy in the weeks leading up to the NFL and NCAAF seasons. Having given up four years of my blood, sweat, tears, ankles, and knees to that sport, it holds a special place in my heart. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 1st, 2009, 10:11 pm

bjornolf wrote:I get so giddy in the weeks leading up to the NFL and NCAAF seasons. Having given up four years of my blood, sweat, tears, ankles, and knees to that sport, it holds a special place in my heart. ;)

%%-
I don't want to hear that football players "get so giddy". :ymsick:
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 3rd, 2009, 7:47 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I get so giddy in the weeks leading up to the NFL and NCAAF seasons. Having given up four years of my blood, sweat, tears, ankles, and knees to that sport, it holds a special place in my heart. ;)

%%-
I don't want to hear that football players "get so giddy". :ymsick:
Sorry, I also GGWG in the weeks leading up to the Duke basketball season.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » August 3rd, 2009, 9:14 am

Some may be sidetracked by discussions of Tyler's injury or basketball recruiting, but I'm continuing to countdown the days until the football season begins. If my count is correct, it's 32 days until the first game. For those who want a jump start to the season, Meet the Blue Devils Day will be Saturday, August 22, 4-7P in Wallace Wade Stadium.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 3rd, 2009, 11:18 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:Some may be sidetracked by discussions of Tyler's injury or basketball recruiting, but I'm continuing to countdown the days until the football season begins. If my count is correct, it's 32 days until the first game. For those who want a jump start to the season, Meet the Blue Devils Day will be Saturday, August 22, 4-7P in Wallace Wade Stadium.
Thank you for the heads up about Meet the Blue Devils Day, I have it noted on my calendar. Am getting more excited as each day goes by about football. :D :D :D
I worship the Blue Devil!