Rasheed gone??? (Dismissed from team)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Rasheed gone??? (Dismissed from team)

Post by IowaDevil » January 29th, 2015, 5:00 pm

What in the world did he do? Am not totally sure I want to hear about it! Just hope he was alone in his "journey"! :(
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Sulaiman, dismissed from the team.

Post by Very Duke Blue » January 29th, 2015, 5:00 pm

I just heard this on the news. It said he was not living up to team standards because of his behavior. Very disappointing.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Sulaiman, dismissed from the team.

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 29th, 2015, 5:09 pm

FSD. Bad for him, bad for the team. Gotta be something bad he's been doing. Repeatedly.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Rasheed gone??? (Dismissed from team)

Post by CathyCA » January 29th, 2015, 5:15 pm

It must have been really bad, whatever it is.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » January 29th, 2015, 5:21 pm

Seriously. I'm in shock. :-o
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 29th, 2015, 5:39 pm

For the first time in YEARS, I posted OY. Would you all go over to the Rasheed thread and give me some pitchforks, please?

Here's what I posted, in case any of you want to know. . .
I'm going to wait to see how this whole thing plays out, but it MAY end up being a matter of "addition by subtraction." You know, when one person leaves, the rest of the group becomes better? I hope that's the case here. I'm fairly certain that Coach K knew exactly what he was doing in dismissing Rasheed from the team.

After Allen Williams' junior year (1981-82), Coach K allowed Allen to keep his scholarship and finish his senior year, but Allen did not practice or play during his senior year. Of course, that situation is a little different from this one in that Coach K didn't recruit Allen Williams. He inherited him from Coach Foster.
But, please! Give me some pitchfork love!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ScienceGuy
I don't know what PWing is.
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by ScienceGuy » January 29th, 2015, 5:58 pm

For what it's worth, sources I have close to the team and ones I have close to the Duke Women's Center are all saying the dismissal is related to something that we may find more about in the future.

#-o
Italics edited by moderator
Tentative timetable until cold fusion: 20 years
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 29th, 2015, 6:08 pm

CathyCA wrote:For the first time in YEARS, I posted OY. Would you all go over to the Rasheed thread and give me some pitchforks, please?

I'm going to wait to see how this whole thing plays out, but it MAY end up being a matter of "addition by subtraction." You know, when one person leaves, the rest of the group becomes better? I hope that's the case here. I'm fairly certain that Coach K knew exactly what he was doing in dismissing Rasheed from the team.

After Allen Williams' junior year (1981-82), Coach K allowed Allen to keep his scholarship and finish his senior year, but Allen did not practice or play during his senior year. Of course, that situation is a little different from this one in that Coach K didn't recruit Allen Williams. He inherited him from Coach Foster.

Done.

I wish Rasheed well in the future. I hope he can staighten out whatever is causing problems in his life.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 29th, 2015, 6:32 pm

CathyCA wrote:For the first time in YEARS, I posted OY. Would you all go over to the Rasheed thread and give me some pitchforks, please?

Spork whore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(kidding, kidding)

I'll find your post shortly ;) :D ;;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » January 29th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Pitchforks delivered, but please post more often!
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » January 29th, 2015, 6:51 pm

ScienceGuy wrote:For what it's worth, sources I have close to the team and ones I have close to the Duke Women's Center are all saying the dismissal is related to something that we may find more about in the future.

#-o
My sources close to the Women's Center are speaking up tonight, too. We can only hope that it isn't as bad as it could be.
Class of 2014
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 29th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Rolvix wrote:
ScienceGuy wrote:For what it's worth, sources I have close to the team and ones I have close to the Duke Women's Center are all saying the dismissal is related to something that we may find more about in the future.

#-o
My sources close to the Women's Center are speaking up tonight, too. We can only hope that it isn't as bad as it could be.
For sure.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 29th, 2015, 7:08 pm

From GoDuke.com- http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml? ... EM_ID=4200

DURHAM, N.C. – Duke junior guard Rasheed Sulaimon has been dismissed from the Duke basketball program as announced by head coach Mike Krzyzewski Thursday. Sulaimon remains in good academic standing and is expected to finish the spring semester.

I hope this is true because it tells me we're not looking at anything criminal. I wish him all the best and I hope this a bump in the road that he can learn from become the person he wants to become.
Last edited by DukePA on January 29th, 2015, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gadzooks

Post by gadzooks » January 29th, 2015, 7:09 pm

Women's Center? Uh oh. :(
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » January 29th, 2015, 7:16 pm

gadzooks wrote:Women's Center? Uh oh. :(
Oh no. :twitch: That can't be good. :naughty:
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 29th, 2015, 7:48 pm

Thank you all for the pitchforks and sporks OY.

I've refrained from posting OY because it seemed that every time I posted something, somebody would jump all over my post and chastise me for being "wrong." I grew tired of that. (Especially since I knew that I was right!) ;)

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 29th, 2015, 7:56 pm

CathyCA wrote:Thank you all for the pitchforks and sporks OY.

I've refrained from posting OY because it seemed that every time I posted something, somebody would jump all over my post and chastise me for being "wrong." I grew tired of that. (Especially since I knew that I was right!) ;)

How does one spork? I'm a spork virgin :D
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 29th, 2015, 8:15 pm

I sporked you. Professional courtesy, you know....

I sure hope you are right about this one.
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 29th, 2015, 8:19 pm

DukePA wrote:

Riiiiiiiiight!!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sporking

In all seriousness (yes, really), click on someone's post and go to the bottom left where there is a box that has a green :) or a red :( and click on it. Another box comes up to ask you whether you approve or disapprove of a poster's entry. If you approve, they get + reputation points or, if you disapprove, they get - reputation points. Pitchforks (or sporks) are awarded for each ~200 + points you accumulate.
Last edited by devildeac on January 29th, 2015, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 29th, 2015, 8:22 pm

DukePA wrote:

At the bottom left of any post OY, there is a little box with a green smiley and a red frownie. Click on that, and a box will come up and ask what you think of the post, with the options being "I approve" and "I disapprove." The default is "I approve." There is a place for comments, and just below that is a box that says "add comment." Click on that and you are done. The site automatically signs your name to a spork or non-spork, but if (like me) you don't know if a person will recognize you, you can put your name.

When I started lurking OY, I used the name merlindevildog91 but Lawgrad is so much more efficient (except that autocorrect calls me "laggard.") :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.