Job Vibes

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Job Vibes

Post by windsor » April 30th, 2014, 8:11 am

Last October I interviewed for a position which I turned down. I turned it down because (short version) there was a massive deliverable due 2/1 (and that date could not move - it was CMS feed of ACA data). The timeline was, in a word, brutal. I was not willing to work 100+ hours weeks for 4 months since I have been there, done that. Lather Rinse Repeat.

Got an e-mail at 7 am yesterday morning from the director. they have another opening on the same team (and now the deliverables are much more manageable) She asked if I might be interested - I said sure....I'm talking to her today at 10:30.

Send some vibes, as this could be a good gig. Big data. BIG DATA.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: Job Vibes

Post by ArkieDukie » April 30th, 2014, 8:16 am

windsor wrote:Last October I interviewed for a position which I turned down. I turned it down because (short version) there was a massive deliverable due 2/1 (and that date could not move - it was CMS feed of ACA data). The timeline was, in a word, brutal. I was not willing to work 100+ hours weeks for 4 months since I have been there, done that. Lather Rinse Repeat.

Got an e-mail at 7 am yesterday morning from the director. they have another opening on the same team (and now the deliverables are much more manageable) She asked if I might be interested - I said sure....I'm talking to her today at 10:30.

Send some vibes, as this could be a good gig. Big data. BIG DATA.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Best of luck, Windsor! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 30th, 2014, 9:34 am

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Good luck!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 30th, 2014, 10:09 am

Interview vibes coming your way... :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » April 30th, 2014, 11:23 am

Mid-interview vibes heading your way - :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Life is good!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 30th, 2014, 11:40 am

Good Luck
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 30th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Sorry I got this late, but some vibes from me anyway. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 30th, 2014, 1:58 pm

Vibes coming in through "Speedy Delivery". Mr. McFeely doubts you will even need them, though.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 30th, 2014, 4:06 pm

It went VERY well. They actually called me before the position officially opened. They are now checking to see if they have to post it all or just offer it. I expect HR will make them post it but it looks very very good.

CTN Vibes ride again!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 30th, 2014, 4:23 pm

windsor wrote:It went VERY well. They actually called me before the position officially opened. They are now checking to see if they have to post it all or just offer it. I expect HR will make them post it but it looks very very good.

CTN Vibes ride again!
Well, post interview vibes for a successful job acquisition process! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Will this new position allow you to travel this fall to one or more TB'CC tailgates and football games? :D :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 30th, 2014, 4:30 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote:It went VERY well. They actually called me before the position officially opened. They are now checking to see if they have to post it all or just offer it. I expect HR will make them post it but it looks very very good.

CTN Vibes ride again!
Well, post interview vibes for a successful job acquisition process! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Will this new position allow you to travel this fall to one or more TB'CC tailgates and football games? :D :9f:

I am plotting a tailgate for this year. The 'when' is not filled in yet. My fulltime work at home status makes travel a little easier. It doesn' t matter where I work, as long as there is a broadband connection.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 30th, 2014, 6:35 pm

CTN Vibes ride again!
EXCELLENT NEWS!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 30th, 2014, 7:02 pm

CathyCA wrote:

CTN Vibes ride again!
EXCELLENT NEWS!

I'll second that! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for a quick, generous offer.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » April 30th, 2014, 7:05 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

CTN Vibes ride again!
EXCELLENT NEWS!

I'll second that! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for a quick, generous offer.
Oh yeah!!! Can't wait to meet you at a tailgate!!!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » April 30th, 2014, 7:34 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

CTN Vibes ride again!
EXCELLENT NEWS!

Thirds!!! I remember you talking about this inJanuary. So glad the deliverable is much better. Will you be able to continue working from home?
I worship the Blue Devil!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 30th, 2014, 8:04 pm

windsor wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

CTN Vibes ride again!

I am plotting a tailgate for this year. The 'when' is not filled in yet. My fulltime work at home status makes travel a little easier. It doesn' t matter where I work, as long as there is a broadband connection.
Woo hoo! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :clap: :dance: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 30th, 2014, 8:28 pm

Don't let me miss you at that tailgate, Windsor. I'll be the short, pudgy grandmother with white hair -- but I'm real cute. ;;)
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 30th, 2014, 9:33 pm

Wow, exciting news. Sounds like you have nailed the job. I'm excited you are coming here this year. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » April 30th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Don't let me miss you at that tailgate, Windsor. I'll be the short, pudgy grandmother with white hair -- but I'm real cute. ;;)
Love, Ima
I'll be the grandson stopping by at some point. My cuteness is debatable in relation to my dear grandmother's.

:duke:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 30th, 2014, 10:36 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Don't let me miss you at that tailgate, Windsor. I'll be the short, pudgy grandmother with white hair -- but I'm real cute. ;;)
Love, Ima
Me, too! Me, too! Let me know when you're coming and I'll try to come as well.
-- Albert Einstein