Home attendance

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Home attendance

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 20th, 2014, 8:39 am

During our tailgates, we talked about how it seemed like the attendance was not as good as the year previous, even though we were having a better season. The proof is in the numbers, we were down 7.5%
http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/6 ... ce-numbers
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dpslaw
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Home attendance

Post by dpslaw » February 20th, 2014, 7:17 pm

I really think it had a lot to do with the home schedule last year, particularly conference games. UVa, VT, Wake and UNC should all be better draws than Pitt, GT, or Miami.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 21st, 2014, 11:35 am

dpslaw wrote:I really think it had a lot to do with the home schedule last year, particularly conference games. UVa, VT, Wake and UNC should all be better draws than Pitt, GT, or Miami.
And a "new" stadium. :D :happy-bouncyblue:
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » February 26th, 2014, 4:26 pm

I think it would be great if we could rent 2 tents. Our crowd is so large, I found it really uncomfortable to try to crowd into 1 tent. I know we overflow into the parking lot, but when the sun is beating down or it's raining, there just not enough room for everyone. Besides, if a second tent were available, I'm sure we could afford it. I don't see the point in having money in the treasury at the end of the season.
Cheermom

Post by Cheermom » February 26th, 2014, 11:33 pm

DukePA wrote:I think it would be great if we could rent 2 tents. Our crowd is so large, I found it really uncomfortable to try to crowd into 1 tent. I know we overflow into the parking lot, but when the sun is beating down or it's raining, there just not enough room for everyone. Besides, if a second tent were available, I'm sure we could afford it. I don't see the point in having money in the treasury at the end of the season.
I don't mind paying more to cover the cost of a second tent if what is left in the treasury is not enough to cover the additional cost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 27th, 2014, 8:11 am

I know we'd fill two tents easy, and Blue Devil Alley would look better for it. Hopefully, after the season we just had, BDA will be filled anyway, but that's what we were expecting last season, too. :-?
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » March 2nd, 2014, 6:24 am

I vote for two tents as well.

As for game attendance this season, we will have to wait and see. My expectation is attendance will be up due to the success factor. A packed and rowdy Wallace Wade Stadium along with another year of on field success could be the difference maker for a few 4* and 5* recruits sitting on the fence.