PWing School Associate Professor

More trouble at the Dump on the Hump

Post by DukePA » December 13th, 2013, 4:23 pm

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: More trouble at the Dump on the Hump

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 13th, 2013, 4:47 pm

They make me smile. :D :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 13th, 2013, 7:55 pm

unc athletic dept: the gift that keeps on giving.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
August West
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by August West » December 13th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Thanks to the poster over at WRAL.com who quoted the late Jesse Helms. "Why do we need a zoo, just put a fence around Chapel Hill". AW. :D
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » December 13th, 2013, 8:46 pm

The actual charges against Graves are nothing, a couple of misdemeanors; however, the whole situation is down right funny. Ol' Roy is snake bit. He needs to retire to the beach and play golf full time. The Chapel Hill Circus needs a new head clown. :joking:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 13th, 2013, 8:54 pm

My inquiring mind wants to know why the police were called out in the first place. I'm guessing they smelled a distinctive odor when they arrived and found the items in question after they got permission to search.

Also, a fun little piece of info: once a student-athlete, always a student-athlete, according to the NCAA. People OY don't necessarily agree with me, but if Ol Roy gave Graves a break on rent, it could be an impermissible benefit, even though he is no longer on the team. The NCAA has very specific rules about giving gifts to current and former student-athletes. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
dpslaw

Post by dpslaw » December 14th, 2013, 11:18 am

Didn't Kansas get in trouble for gifts from boosters to players who had completed their eligibility? As I recall, this happened under Roy's watch but wasn't discovered until after he left.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 14th, 2013, 12:11 pm

dpslaw wrote:Didn't Kansas get in trouble for gifts from boosters to players who had completed their eligibility? As I recall, this happened under Roy's watch but wasn't discovered until after he left.
Yup. Apparently they bought suits for players, who couldn't afford them, to attend the draft. If this is true, I really don't have a problem with it.
Turk

Post by Turk » December 14th, 2013, 4:23 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:My inquiring mind wants to know why the police were called out in the first place. I'm guessing they smelled a distinctive odor when they arrived and found the items in question after they got permission to search.

Also, a fun little piece of info: once a student-athlete, always a student-athlete, according to the NCAA. People OY don't necessarily agree with me, but if Ol Roy gave Graves a break on rent, it could be an impermissible benefit, even though he is no longer on the team. The NCAA has very specific rules about giving gifts to current and former student-athletes. :9f:
More of an indictment (pun intended) of the NCAA rather than unc. Only those clowns would spend time and effort making obscure rules about "student athletes" who are actually not on the team. I'm channelling my inner Bilastrator - the kid is finishing his degree and has a job and is paying rent. How is any of that wrong? Meanwhile if the NCAA chooses to sell merch commemorating Graves and the unc team on their runner-up NIT finish in 2010, the kid doesn't get a dime. Heck, he should have gotten hazardous duty pay. Maybe I'll go OY and see if I can draw a comparison between this case and Sandusky's crime.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » December 18th, 2013, 1:42 pm

Those Holes live "HIGH on the HILL"!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » December 20th, 2013, 12:56 pm

aaaaaahhhhhhhh seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hairston is done.
http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1358892.html

:violin: =)) :violin: =)) :(( =)) :violin: =)) :violin:

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 20th, 2013, 1:22 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeya!
:9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » December 20th, 2013, 4:54 pm

First good move from that school in years!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » December 20th, 2013, 6:49 pm

The NCAA really gave Roy no choice, bless his heart. PJ would have suited up otherwise. So no points for "doing the right thing" in my book. Fact is McDonald broke the rules too and he's still around.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 20th, 2013, 9:35 pm

windsor wrote:aaaaaahhhhhhhh seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hairston is done.
http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1358892.html

:violin: =)) :violin: =)) :(( =)) :violin: =)) :violin:

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Not enough: =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

or: :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

or: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin: :violin:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 20th, 2013, 9:45 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:The NCAA really gave Roy no choice, bless his heart. PJ would have suited up otherwise. So no points for "doing the right thing" in my book. Fact is McDonald broke the rules too and he's still around.
Love, Ima
As always, Ima speaks much wisdom. I'd really like to know how McDonald is still eligible. Did he accept fewer illegal benefits? :9f:

This reminds me a bit of the infamous UConnvict case where 2 players got caught trying to sell computers that they had stolen from some other students' rooms. Calhoun reinstated the starting PG after a semester "because he was honest about his role in the incident." Yeah, he was honest about being a felon. Backup PG was suspended for the entire season. Think I'm remembering the basic details here.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 20th, 2013, 9:56 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:The NCAA really gave Roy no choice, bless his heart. PJ would have suited up otherwise. So no points for "doing the right thing" in my book. Fact is McDonald broke the rules too and he's still around.
Love, Ima
As always, Ima speaks much wisdom. I'd really like to know how McDonald is still eligible. Did he accept fewer illegal benefits? :9f:

This reminds me a bit of the infamous UConnvict case where 2 players got caught trying to sell computers that they had stolen from some other students' rooms. Calhoun reinstated the starting PG after a semester "because he was honest about his role in the incident." Yeah, he was honest about being a felon. Backup PG was suspended for the entire season. Think I'm remembering the basic details here.
I believe those recollections are just about perfect.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 20th, 2013, 10:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Love, Ima

AD, you ought to Google the McDonald paperwork that shows how the NCAA calculated his illegal benefits. The numbers are insane in their downward exaggeration. They imputed $50 for a three day stay at Nags Head on July 4th weekend. My dad's only sibling, Uncle CB, lives in Nags Head. I am his only niece. I would have to pay more than $50 to stay for a holiday weekend. And they took the valuation of a luxury car rental to figure out the worth of having a Porsche. The rental car worksheets they have are for a luxury car in the Buick Lacrosse category. If there is anyone who thinks a Buick anything and a Porsche are commensurate, I have some land to sell them. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 21st, 2013, 5:40 am

Wonder if the fine folks at Pack Pride are aware of this. They could have all sorts of fun with the actual calculations. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 21st, 2013, 8:32 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Wonder if the fine folks at Pack Pride are aware of this. They could have all sorts of fun with the actual calculations. :9f:
Oh, yes. I will not go to the sheep page, but the good people of Pack Pride are a constant source of amusement and information. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.