World's Coolest Phone Call

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

World's Coolest Phone Call

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 19th, 2009, 7:29 pm

I just had a great phone call from one of my college dorm mates. I last talked to him about 17 years ago. He was a good friend all the way through school, but called just to say he thought my paintings were amazing. For a pick-me-up, I can't think of many that will top that. To top it off, he has some pull in the arts community. Told him I'm going to D.C. next month for my owndamnreunion, and told him he outta be there. If he does, at least 4 of my friends will be make it. I bet I can scrounge up some more in a couple weeks.
Anyways, anyone else have any out of the blue cool phone call stories?
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: World's Coolest Phone Call

Post by bjornolf » July 19th, 2009, 7:41 pm

Cool, keep us posted. I know my phone call with my bro was surreal.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 19th, 2009, 10:04 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I just had a great phone call from one of my college dorm mates. I last talked to him about 17 years ago. He was a good friend all the way through school, but called just to say he thought my paintings were amazing. For a pick-me-up, I can't think of many that will top that. To top it off, he has some pull in the arts community. Told him I'm going to D.C. next month for my owndamnreunion, and told him he outta be there. If he does, at least 4 of my friends will be make it. I bet I can scrounge up some more in a couple weeks.
Anyways, anyone else have any out of the blue cool phone call stories?
This makes me smile. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy that feeling! (And good luck choosing paintings for the reunion!)
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 19th, 2009, 10:34 pm

OK, so.........since you brought up phone calls from your past. Tell me what I should do about this one. On my phone messages last week I found one from my first heart throb........ back in SIXTH GRADE! Haven't heard hide ner hair of him since 19..... uh, we'll just leave it at that. He says he's in Memphis and left his number to call back. He could be an axe murderer now for all I know. :-\ (Bless his heart.) Should I return the call?

Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 19th, 2009, 11:01 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:OK, so.........since you brought up phone calls from your past. Tell me what I should do about this one. On my phone messages last week I found one from my first heart throb........ back in SIXTH GRADE! Haven't heard hide ner hair of him since 19..... uh, we'll just leave it at that. He says he's in Memphis and left his number to call back. He could be an axe murderer now for all I know. :-\ (Bless his heart.) Should I return the call?

Love, Ima
I would give him a call. My boss reconnected with her teen heart throb. The two couples have gotten together several times for vacations the past few years. You never know what a phone call might reveal.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 19th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:OK, so.........since you brought up phone calls from your past. Tell me what I should do about this one. On my phone messages last week I found one from my first heart throb........ back in SIXTH GRADE! Haven't heard hide ner hair of him since 19..... uh, we'll just leave it at that. He says he's in Memphis and left his number to call back. He could be an axe murderer now for all I know. :-\ (Bless his heart.) Should I return the call?

Love, Ima
ABSOLUTELY, YES!
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » July 19th, 2009, 11:21 pm

I also vote yes as long as the Old Prof is cool with it.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 20th, 2009, 1:36 am

I vote yes also. At least you can get an email address and communicate more that way. I've loved reconnecting with old friends on facebook. (That's how my college buddy got hold of me).
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.