First Solo Show Opening

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

First Solo Show Opening

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 20th, 2013, 3:14 pm

A few of you were beyond awesome and came to my studio opening we had back in the summer, which was lots of fun. Since then, I've been creating new works, all of course for my show at the Bank of the Arts gallery in New Bern. The dates have been moved around a couple times, so I've been hesitant to announce anything until something was set in stone..or at least on paper.
I've known it was supposed to be January for a little while now (not my favorite choice but at this point I am looking to it being over, haha), but until I signed the paperwork yesterday I didn't let myself smile. The show will run two months, it opens Friday, January 10th. All the downtown galleries will be open for the New Bern Artwalk.
StAugCard.jpg
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: First Solo Show Opening

Post by CathyCA » November 20th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Well, of course, Jon and I will be over there to view your work! Just let us know when and where.

Maybe we can grab a meal at the Chelsea, Persimmon's or somewhere else that is equally fun.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 20th, 2013, 5:18 pm

CathyCA wrote:Well, of course, Jon and I will be over there to view your work! Just let us know when and where.

Maybe we can grab a meal at the Chelsea, Persimmon's or somewhere else that is equally fun.

The Chelsea, while good, is the most insanely overpriced restaurant in New Bern. We went out to eat there a few weeks ago, and Julie and I both got cheeseburgers. The other 4 got whatever they got, and our bill was $200. Ummm....never again. (But we do know many fun and MUCH cheaper and better places!)

Edit...one of the items one of the other folks got was crab cakes. MARYLAND crab cakes. Are you shitting me? I can go and stick my finger in the water and get clamped on by a perfectly good NC blue crab, 2 minutes away from your kitchen!!!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 20th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Congratulations. Bud and I will try to come. I'll let you know. I look forward to seeing your work.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » November 20th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Congrats! So wish we could be there! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 20th, 2013, 6:04 pm

IowaDevil wrote:Congrats! So wish we could be there! :ymhug:
Come back!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 20th, 2013, 6:19 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Well, of course, Jon and I will be over there to view your work! Just let us know when and where.

The Chelsea, while good, is the most insanely overpriced restaurant in New Bern. We went out to eat there a few weeks ago, and Julie and I both got cheeseburgers. The other 4 got whatever they got, and our bill was $200. Ummm....never again. (But we do know many fun and MUCH cheaper and better places!)

Edit...one of the items one of the other folks got was crab cakes. MARYLAND crab cakes. Are you shitting me? I can go and stick my finger in the water and get clamped on by a perfectly good NC blue crab, 2 minutes away from your kitchen!!!!
We've eaten at the Sting Ray Cafe (and kissed outside it!) and we've eaten at Persimmons and at the Historic Harvey Mansion. I've never eaten at the Chelsea. It is on my list of things to do in New Bern. Also, I like that little deli in Bridgeton. It has the best pimento cheese on the planet!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA

Post by DukePA » November 20th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Woo hoo!! We'll be there!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 20th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Best of luck with the opening! We will be on the 2d annual Rev. Lawgrad birthday cruise and will be somewhere between Nassau and Miami on the evening of the 10th. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 20th, 2013, 10:44 pm

CathyCA wrote:

We've eaten at the Sting Ray Cafe (and kissed outside it!) and we've eaten at Persimmons and at the Historic Harvey Mansion. I've never eaten at the Chelsea. It is on my list of things to do in New Bern. Also, I like that little deli in Bridgeton. It has the best pimento cheese on the planet!

Oooh, we may have eaten at that same place after an outdoor art show last year. That pimento cheese description sounds like something Joy had and raved over it. I think I had a Reuben.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 21st, 2013, 8:11 am

Our favorite place is Morgan's, that's where Julie and I had our first date, and where we all went to eat the night before the studio opening. Other good places are MJ's, Captain Ratty's, Port City Java (which is right next to the gallery, and next to the Chelsea), and the Baker's Square is great for breakfast. (Although always packed.)
The show runs two months, so if anyone is near by, let us know your coming and we'll make dinner, which is better than all of the above. :D
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 20th, 2013, 10:37 am

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 20th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Our first grandchild is due that day. We will most certainly make it down for the show on another date. Or, that date if the little guy is born sooner. Best of luck!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » December 20th, 2013, 12:46 pm

devildeac wrote:Our first grandchild is due that day. We will most certainly make it down for the show on another date. Or, that date if the little guy is born sooner. Best of luck!
How did I miss this???? Congratulations!!!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 20th, 2013, 5:29 pm

devildeac wrote:Our first grandchild is due that day. We will most certainly make it down for the show on another date. Or, that date if the little guy is born sooner. Best of luck!
Check with Joy, I suggested an outing to NB, maybe with a steak dinner. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 20th, 2013, 9:28 pm

DukePA wrote:
How did I miss this???? Congratulations!!!
Thanks!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » December 20th, 2013, 9:34 pm

Check with Joy, I suggested an outing to NB, maybe with a steak dinner. :D
We did discuss that last PM. That would be a great weekend with an art gallery show, a home cooked/grilled steak dinner (medium to medium rare, please), a nice merlot/syrah/pinot noir/cab to accompany said steak and a Duck-Rabbit imperial stout or Mother Earth Silent Night bourbon barrel aged imperial stout for dessert. Maybe even a night of dancing at the Rivertowne Ballroom :D .
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » December 21st, 2013, 12:42 pm

The best with your Art Show!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » January 9th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Bump!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 10th, 2014, 8:23 am

Today is going to WOW the world and let EVERYONE know who you are! They will be beating down your door for more! :happy-bouncyblue: :) :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: