Muir Woods Painting #2

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Muir Woods Painting #2

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 14th, 2009, 10:57 pm

Second painting from Muir Woods. This painting is pretty big for a watercolor, 30" X 22" unframed.
--
MuirWoodsPathMed.jpg
Muir Woods Path
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Muir Woods Painting #2

Post by devildeac » July 14th, 2009, 11:21 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Second painting from Muir Woods. This painting is pretty big for a watercolor, 30" X 22" unframed.
--
MuirWoodsPathMed.jpg
I'll be honest, I am not a big fan of pathways/walkways/bridges. I liked the first one far better. You want honesty, you'll get it from me. Just like my beer reviews.
The FB paintings have been fabulous, too.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 14th, 2009, 11:53 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Second painting from Muir Woods. This painting is pretty big for a watercolor, 30" X 22" unframed.
--
MuirWoodsPathMed.jpg
I'll be honest, I am not a big fan of pathways/walkways/bridges. I liked the first one far better. You want honesty, you'll get it from me. Just like my beer reviews.
The FB paintings have been fabulous, too.
Off with his head!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

If I painted to suit one person's taste I would have died of artistic boredom long ago. Luckily, I'm piqued by many subjects. To me, the joy of painting is the process by which the image is created. It might be a path in the woods, it might be some guy catching a football, it might be a ball of lint. The image is irrelevant. What matters to me is how I am able to express that image. I've got a few paintings that LOOK great, but I'm not thrilled with because I don't FEEL them. I've also got lots of abstract ones that I love, no representational images whatsoever, but lots of feeling. This painting (and series) is much more about feeling for me than the final scene. I already know what my next one is going to be, and I think it's going to surprise lots of folks; hopefully it will surprise me. On the face it's going to be very dark, but it it comes out like I want, it will be the light at the end of the tunnel that makes it work. Anyways, that's my 2 cent response. No paths or bridges next painting, and no tunnels either.

P.S. I love an honest answer, one of the things I miss about art school is our crtique sessions. They could be brutal, but you don't grow if you don't hear the truth.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 15th, 2009, 6:29 am

I love it!!!
I worship the Blue Devil!
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » July 15th, 2009, 6:43 am

Your paintings never turn to mud.....no matter what the subject. Anybody who has ever tried watercolor understands. Getting those darkest darks and yet keeping them alive is your trademark, I think.

I'd be interested to know how you prepare your paper, especially on something 30 inches.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 15th, 2009, 8:11 am

What Ima said. Getting the dark colors with water colors to look good is very impressive. I sure as hell can't do it, but that's not saying much. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 15th, 2009, 8:44 am

Beautiful! I've been there!

I stand (sit?) in awe of your talent.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » July 16th, 2009, 8:35 pm

--
MuirWoodsPathMed.jpg
CB&B - you want truth, OK

... I have to say .....
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » July 16th, 2009, 8:38 pm

cl15876 wrote:
--
MuirWoodsPathMed.jpg
CB&B - you want truth, OK

... I have to say .....
I want to walk down that path way! I have NOT BEEN DOWN that pathway..... but after looking at your painting, I want to... I have been down many other similiar pathways in the woods....

Can you show me your magic talent! MY GOSH YOU ARE GOOD!!!!!! and GETTING BETTA and BETTA!!!!!! :-bd
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 16th, 2009, 8:59 pm

cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote: I want to walk down that path way! I have NOT BEEN DOWN that pathway..... but after looking at your painting, I want to... I have been down many other similiar pathways in the woods....

Can you show me your magic talent! MY GOSH YOU ARE GOOD!!!!!! and GETTING BETTA and BETTA!!!!!! :-bd
Thanks much. Just found out my school is hosting an alumni show later this year Chris, so I'll let you (and everyone else) know. You are actually close enough to see it if I get selected. If I don't get selected you are close enough to go kick somebody's shin.
cl15876

Post by cl15876 » July 16th, 2009, 9:18 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
cl15876 wrote:
cl15876 wrote: I want to walk down that path way! I have NOT BEEN DOWN that pathway..... but after looking at your painting, I want to... I have been down many other similiar pathways in the woods....

Thanks much. Just found out my school is hosting an alumni show later this year Chris, so I'll let you (and everyone else) know. You are actually close enough to see it if I get selected. If I don't get selected you are close enough to go kick somebody's shin.
CB&B - I am ready at drop of hat to come on down! You had to call in the marker... I'm a LIL afraid... legs not good these days....

Shin kickers.. please have mercy on ME... :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: :ympray: