VIOLATED!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

VIOLATED!

Post by captmojo » May 13th, 2012, 9:19 am

Last Sunday afternoon, while out o'town, some interloper took a shine to my old lawn mower. There were other things in the garage available, even a full can of gasoline, but the Johnnie Deere L100 was the only thing missing. SHIT!

Well, I will pick up a replacement for it tomorrow. Not new, but hey, I get to pocket the difference in homeowner's payout.

Gee, thanks asshole!
Next time you will not only have to work much damn harder to get this one, but smile for the f%kin' camera!
X(
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: VIOLATED!

Post by Miles » May 13th, 2012, 9:45 am

MAN! That royally sucks. I hate it for you. Did you report it stolen? Do you have the serial number? Maybe you could send it around to local businesses that deal in related parts and hardware, so if someone tries to sell they can call the cops and arrest the S.O.B.
sMiles
captmojo

Post by captmojo » May 13th, 2012, 9:57 am

Miles wrote:MAN! That royally sucks. I hate it for you. Did you report it stolen? Do you have the serial number? Maybe you could send it around to local businesses that deal in related parts and hardware, so if someone tries to sell they can call the cops and arrest the S.O.B.
All the above.
The Lord is waiting and the Devil is too. You'd better find the the Lord before I find you!

Would one day make a great sig line.
Quoted from 2012 Blues Music Award winner 'Song of the year,by "Jumpin' Johnny Sansone
http://bmapreview.blues.org/track/the-l ... ny-sansone
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » May 13th, 2012, 10:14 am

Maybe he will come back and offer to mow your yard.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » May 13th, 2012, 11:49 am

What an ass wipe. You may not get to witness it, but the shit head will get his one day.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 13th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Consider this. Maybe he was a down and out guy who needed it to mow lawns to feed his kid and to keep from having to stand down at the stoplight with his hand out. Maybe you inadvertently did a good deed! Thinking of it like that lowers my blood pressure and helps me fall asleep at night.

The better thing to have done, however, would have been to make you a deal --- mowing for you in exchange for the use of it. I come from a little town where money was in short supply for everybody. Bartering was our folks' way of life.

I know, I know. I should get real.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » May 13th, 2012, 3:27 pm

My dad's lawnmower got stolen out of the carport here in Greenville one time. My brother had come in from studying at the library and he noticed that the mower was gone. My dad called the cops, and they found the guy riding it down Evans Street (one of the main drags) at night.

My poor brother. After the cops released the mower, my brother had to drive the mower back to my parents' house. He had a police car behind him the entire time with the blue lights flashing. And wouldn't you know that everyone in town drove by and honked and waved at him?

I hope they find the miscreant who unlawfully took your John Deere. That sucks.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » May 13th, 2012, 4:18 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Consider this. Maybe he was a down and out guy who needed it to mow lawns to feed his kid and to keep from having to stand down at the stoplight with his hand out. Maybe you inadvertently did a good deed! Thinking of it like that lowers my blood pressure and helps me fall asleep at night.

The better thing to have done, however, would have been to make you a deal --- mowing for you in exchange for the use of it. I come from a little town where money was in short supply for everybody. Bartering was our folks' way of life.

Love, Ima
Bartering is still big where my wife comes from. Her dad built a house with about 75% bartering.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 13th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Consider this. Maybe he was a down and out guy who needed it to mow lawns to feed his kid and to keep from having to stand down at the stoplight with his hand out. Maybe you inadvertently did a good deed! Thinking of it like that lowers my blood pressure and helps me fall asleep at night.

Love, Ima
I wish it worked like that. Unfortunately, the thief was most likely a deadbeat who is too lazy to work and stole the mower to sell it and buy crack to feed his habit.

Good that you had the serial number. It may turn up. You might also look on craigslist. Probably the guy who stole it won't put it up, but maybe his buyer will.

May the thief rot in hell, or jail.... :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » May 13th, 2012, 6:07 pm

CathyCA wrote:My dad's lawnmower got stolen out of the carport here in Greenville one time. My brother had come in from studying at the library and he noticed that the mower was gone. My dad called the cops, and they found the guy riding it down Evans Street (one of the main drags) at night.

My poor brother. After the cops released the mower, my brother had to drive the mower back to my parents' house. He had a police car behind him the entire time with the blue lights flashing. And wouldn't you know that everyone in town drove by and honked and waved at him?

I hope they find the miscreant who unlawfully took your John Deere. That sucks.

:9f:
That's a hoot!!! =)) They should have added a bunch of Shriners on little scooter cars and called it a parade!
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
captmojo

Post by captmojo » May 13th, 2012, 10:56 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Maybe he will come back and offer to mow your yard.
This would be equivalent to showing up for trial in court wearing the shoes you were charged for stealing. :))
lawgrad91 wrote:

Love, Ima
I wish it worked like that. Unfortunately, the thief was most likely a deadbeat who is too lazy to work and stole the mower to sell it and buy crack to feed his habit.

Good that you had the serial number. It may turn up. You might also look on craigslist. Probably the guy who stole it won't put it up, but maybe his buyer will.

May the thief rot in hell, or jail.... :9f:
The reporting local policeman said it might show up on EBay in about 6-10 months, being sold by somebody from the midwest or New England. I used craigslist to find the one I've bought to replace it.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » May 16th, 2012, 10:04 am

Sorry to read of your missing wheel AD. Only taking one and leaving the jack behind, couldn't that be an indicator that they ran/rolled away quickly due to having been spotted? I loathe such violators! X(
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 16th, 2012, 7:45 pm

captmojo wrote:Sorry to read of your missing wheel AD. Only taking one and leaving the jack behind, couldn't that be an indicator that they ran/rolled away quickly due to having been spotted? I loathe such violators! X(
That's the speculation, capt - especially since the car was partially lowered. Cop was too lazy to fingerprint the jack. X(

Wheel theft is apparently a big problem around here. I've learned my lesson. When I get my new wheel tomorrow, I'm having wheel locks put on each wheel. I'll be buying a club as well, since the Accord is one of the most stolen vehicles in this area.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 16th, 2012, 8:43 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
captmojo wrote:Sorry to read of your missing wheel AD. Only taking one and leaving the jack behind, couldn't that be an indicator that they ran/rolled away quickly due to having been spotted? I loathe such violators! X(
That's the speculation, capt - especially since the car was partially lowered. Cop was too lazy to fingerprint the jack. X(

Wheel theft is apparently a big problem around here. I've learned my lesson. When I get my new wheel tomorrow, I'm having wheel locks put on each wheel. I'll be buying a club as well, since the Accord is one of the most stolen vehicles in this area.
It may be that the surfaces of the jack aren't conducive to fingerprinting. Some things don't print well or don't have the right kind of surfaces to lend themselves to fingerprinting.

Or it could be that Officer Friendly was too lazy to bother. If he couldn't print the surface, he could have at least told you why.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » May 16th, 2012, 8:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:

It may be that the surfaces of the jack aren't conducive to fingerprinting. Some things don't print well or don't have the right kind of surfaces to lend themselves to fingerprinting.

Or it could be that Officer Friendly was too lazy to bother. If he couldn't print the surface, he could have at least told you why.
I believe I heard the phrase "I don't want to reach all the way under there."
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » May 16th, 2012, 8:50 pm

I figured as much, AD. At this point, the police can even check for touch DNA on most items, and I would think that would have been a better option than fingerprints here. But, again, that would require some effort on :Police: 's part.
Iron Duke #1471997.